Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are girls playing MMO's hotter than those who don't?

Comments

• VGTheoryVGTheory Member Posts: 110

I think that they occupy the same ranges of hotness.  Am I more attracted to women who share my interests?  Of course, but that's not all there is to it.

I do agree that if you are a serious gamer you should keep that in mind when dating and getting married.  My wife is not a gamer at all (I don't count the Sims and bejewelled...nor do I count cityville and other facebook trash), and it has caused many problems in our relationship.  She doesn't understand how I can spend hours playing a game or why some achievements are worth spending time getting.  That said, I don't understand how she can cruise facebook for five hours and get any enjoyment out of it.  We have our differences, but gaming is one that causes friction.

Just my two cents.

• ByghBygh Member Posts: 10

If I find out a girl plays MMO's, "hot" is not the first thing that comes to my mind, quite the opposite. If she mentions some old console, board games, sci-fi, strategy games, DOS games, any of that would be totally hot! EVE Online is one exception, any female playing that is smoking hot by default.

Those cosplay girls are probably mostly just models, or play single player JRPG's, read manga and are only semi-interested in games. Don't think with most of the there is any kind of association with MMORPG's. Perhaps FFXI at best. I'm good at generalization.

Über Roleplaying Female Species List:

Hippie moms - like to have fun at  roleplaying events and jump into the role, middle aged, lighthearted

Socially awkwards - play MMORPG's, teenagers to young adults, quiet and introverted

JRPG & manga hotties - try to get a lot of attention at cons, like to look good, social and attractive

Sci-fi nerds - rare breed, no legitmate proof of their existence has been found, but I'm sure I'll find one some day, I'll make sure to put it in a jar and make detailed experiments

E: In my recent studies I have found new breed called "texty girls"... this can't be... I think my theory is facing it's end, this missing element changes everything.

• ROMVSROMVS Member UncommonPosts: 10

My significant other is a hottie, but I'm thinking that's just me being lucky. She doesn't play an MMO but she is definitely a gamer. I don't know about MMO playing girls, I've met some cute ones but as some said, some are cougars or just old. Hotties even in the general population are rare, must be as rare to find one playing an MMO.

• HiromantHiromant Member UncommonPosts: 99

Originally posted by TheCrow2k

What you need to remember is that regardless of Gender a lot of hardcore gamers & particularly hardcore MMO'ers are not very active people, I would go so far as to estimate 60% of the hardcore MMO'ers probably go to work/school then get straight on their PC/Console and when they arent on that they are sleeping.

Which means a lot of both Male & Female MMO players are overweight. A girl who works out regularly and watched what she eats is going to have a hotter body then one who sits on her ass playing video games most of the day that is just a no brainer. Wether you as a gamer find a chick who talks about the gymn and work hotter than a girl who can talk all the latest MMO/gaming news is up to you.

But body whise I would think on average most non MMO'ers would be in better condition than most MMO'ers just as most non gamers are in better physical condition than most gamers.

There are always exceptions to the rule but I am talking about the average MMO'er.

There was a study that found gamers are in better shape physically than non-gamers. Being an MMO player doesn't stop anyone from hitting the gym several times a week. Most people spend their entire free time watching TV which is far more useless than gaming.

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

Seriously, WHO CARES if someone is male or female in any game. Since when is any game built around the basis of a peoples sex over just plain old playing a game. You are never going to meet or screw the person you are talking to over the webcam or microphone. Less your like some woman who will sleep with dudes in WoW for in game garbage that has no physical or long term value (lol, prostitutes in video games). {mod edit}

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Erstok

Seriously, WHO CARES if someone is male or female in any game. Since when is any game built around the basis of a peoples sex over just plain old playing a game. You are never going to meet or screw the person you are talking to over the webcam or microphone. Less your like some woman who will sleep with dudes in WoW for in game garbage that has no physical or long term value (lol, prostitutes in video games). {mod edit}

I dunno, I've had TWO friends marry somebody they met in WoW.  (One of them married a Chinese person, so he has to constantly put up with jokes about marrying a gold farmer. :< )

I married somebody I met on a text based game.

It's perfectly possible you might end up marrying somebody you meet online.

... and so far as MEETING somebody, why I've met... tens of people from online.  At least.  That's not actually that uncommon, you know.  ... and hardly ANYBODY you meet online is a killer.  Hardly.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Its humorous. This same type of thread seems to pop up about once a year at least.

I am a truck driver by profession and this has given me the opportunity to meet several of my gaming friends, some male and some female. That being said, when it came to physical appearance (attractiveness). Most of the female friends I have met in person that I have gamed with, I would say that I probably wouldnt be trying to pick them up if I was at a bar/club.

Back about 8 years ago I got one of my  girlfriends (now an ex) who was incedibly hot into gaming. She actually became Addicted to gaming to a point it caused problems. Due to the fact I got her into gaming so we could play while I was away on the road. She would want to sit on the computer all weekend when I came home as well. While I wanted to go out to do other things.

Even though she was addicted  she still went to the gym everyday, So she kept herself in shape. She would go to work, hit the gym on the way home, get home, shower, and then log in to play MMOs untill 11pm every night. 

One of my best female friends currently right now is pretty good looking too. Even though I love gaming with her, I would want to have nothing to do with her because she is addicted to gaming. Not to mention I am in a great relationship now.. That being said I know for sure (because she has flat out told me) she would go out with me in a heartbeat if I ever wanted to take our relationship there...Tempting? not even in the least.

Now my girlfriend I am with right now has absolutely no interest in MMOs. Even though I have gotten her to play Magic the Gathering Card game (which she likes) and we will play it once or twice a month when I am home one evening.  Personally i like it that way.

• haratuharatu Member UncommonPosts: 409

My wife has an hourglass figure and red hair, she is stunningly beautiful... and she plays MMOs. We met in real life, and it was just a coincidence that we both enjoyed MMOs.

I think the same can be said of women as can be said of men. Gaming men are not all fat slobs in a dark dungeon, some are handsome and good looking. Likewise there are hot MMO women.

Walk out your door, find a nice person and hope that as an added bonus they play MMOs. You might get lucky.

• TyratopsTyratops Member Posts: 98

Yes they are hotter because they are sat next to a giant toaster running the game, thus warming them up.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

If the OP thinks that its hot that a girl plays MMO's, I can understand if he finds that important. But that there would be a physical difference between MMO playing girls and the ones that dont is absurd.

Everyone in this thread comes up with anecdotal evidence which proves nothing statistically. Without knowing the numbers you can just as easily assume that there is no difference.  For example if playing a lot of MMO's invites players to have less exercise and become fat because of that, it'll easily be evened by other non MMO activities that have the same effect. So that both MMO playing and not MMO playing girls have their hotties and uglies.

• KatodyKatody Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by immodium

Actually, what do you think these 'hot' girls think of guys that play MMO's? Are they hot or not? :)

They probably dont give a shit as erm they are playing a game and not looking for sex.

Insult D: 

We kinda think you're hot, and if you're too busy gaming than us then no sex!

'Nuff said!

• KatodyKatody Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Originally posted by VirusDancer

I had the rose tinted glasses, personally.  It was about three months after the divorce, that I realized that I had been married to the woman responsible for making Hogger hide out in Elwynn...

Most of the male gamers I know are either divorced or struggle to hold on to a women for an extended amount of time. It takes a tolerant women to put up with a mans video game hobby. This is why I tell my buds to find a chick that plays either mmos or is a normal gamer. Regular chicks just don't get it.

I agree. All the men I've dated are MMO/Gamers, and no offense, it's hard for them to keep up with us if they're stuck in one place...EVEN gamer girls.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by smaklaga

You could always just get a hot one and convert them to MMO's lol.  Here is my wife of 4 years.

She wasn't much of a gamer.  Now she plays MMO's more than I do!

I wouldn't call her hot.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• djvapiddjvapid Member Posts: 80

The answer to the question that has been plaguing mankind for centuries is...no.

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

Originally posted by waynejr2

I wouldn't call her hot.

Then you need new set of eyes. If your girlfriend/wife is hotter please feel free to post her pictures.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

You could always just get a hot one and convert them to MMO's lol.  Here is my wife of 4 years.

She is definetly hot!

I hope she is ok with you sharing her saucy snapshots though

• SafraSafra Member UncommonPosts: 47

So,...

Where's the "Are guys who play MMOs hot? thread.

My experience - not... but I'd like a place to discuss it and show pictures maybe.

LOL

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Safra

So,...

Where's the "Are guys who play MMOs hot? thread.

My experience - not... but I'd like a place to discuss it and show pictures maybe.

LOL

They did have a thread like that!  It was mostly guys complimenting other guys.

I want a 'Are the babies of people who play MMOs cute' thread.  Because yes.  :T

• yuckfoulolyuckfoulol Member Posts: 25

As long as the woman playing has a big butt, I think she's hot, whos with me

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by hockeyplayr

+1 for converting

I was with this really good looking costa rican girl and managed to get her to play counterstrike. It can be done

lol nice i hope you enjoy gaming i got wife who plays games also :D happy hunting ^_^ and congrats on the 4 years live long and prosper :D

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

*SIGH* I walk in looking for pics of actual hot gamer girls and see... one pic of a married woman, one I couldn't stand to look at, one troll pic...

*WHINE* This is a worthless thread.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

"Are gamer girls hotter than the others?" its like you pretend to say that there's some gene that makes gaming girls beautiful, sorry but i think the question is pretty absurd, girls like men are ugly/pretty independently if they are gamers or not. Thats all.

PD: i have a 5 years relationship with a girl that is actually gamer and i think she has always been beauty and when i met her she wasnt a gamer.

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

Are girls who drink Pepsi hotter than girls who drink Coke? Horrible post, horrible thread, horrible website.

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479

only about 20% of women are hot out of all the women out there.  Presuming about 20% of women out of all the women in USA play mmorpgs and games in general, you have a cross section of .20 * .20, so roughly 4% of all women are gamers and hot.  Only 20% of the gamers that play are hot, 1 in 5.  Maybe its not that high.  1 in 5 seems a bit high.  Maybe 1 in 10....

You also have to look at personality and chemistry.  you can have a hot woman who you cannot stand to look at.  I rather be with an average woman whose personality was awesome than a hot woman I couldn't stand to listen to.  Also, if you don't like a woman, she suddenly becomes less attractive. 

Looks are in the eyes of the beholder.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• rfernan9rfernan9 Member Posts: 27

Do we need to jknow this kind of things? Well most of I know that plays MMO's are hot chicks but the problem I can't get a hold of them because im miles a away from them. But I definitely agreed on this girls that are playing MMO's are hotter. (grab a popcorn and munch on it!)

This discussion has been closed.