Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com aren't noticing the game

2»

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by Chimps

Only game i like from Gpotato is Flyff. I had some good times in that game it was like my first ever mmorpg.

I remember how fascinated i was by the flying in the game and how much i wanted to fly and i kept getting so exciting thinking about it.

Haha it was so cool back then and now it's like meh.

I sometimes go back to Flyff and remember some good ol times.

i am sad to say gpotato have some good title but for me flyff wasnt one of them,aika

that my friend is a silly simple masterpiece a la runescape sauce lol!

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Not much to notice... and what it it to you OP?

• TioanbeastTioanbeast Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by tochicool

There haven't even given it a review, or talked about new, recent, updates. It's like they just archived the game for the sake of it all. I think they should atleast give it a review and a PROPER rating. It's one of the reasons this game isn't noticed.

Just to tell you there are  hundreds of games being ignored by MMORPG.com. Sme they've even ignored putting them on the list of games. So don't conplain about this game. It proably a money thing. Companies proably pay MMORPG.com to write articales about things, That's why we get patetic Gods and Heroes, small updates, "we may be going towards becoming a F2P game". Yet game releases and huge game updates are ignored.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I saw the cash shop writing on the wall during beta. In order to get more bag space you have to buy it in the shop or you could hunt mobs. There was a significantly less than 1% chance of getting a mediocre bag off a mob. That's when I quit.

Well, that and the usual equipment upgrade cash shop gamble mechanic.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by Wraithone

VERY much so. Nothing says "find another game" like being repeatedly one or two shotted by bored higher levels.   Couple that with their earlier cash shop antics, and its just not my type of game. 

If you were attacked by higher levels, then you had your flag of war up, for increased xp no doubt and should have been expecting attack by other players. If it was in Asee Teph (Holy Land), where quests require you to attack opposite faction mobs and thus flag, then items should be available to one shot the higher levels (28+) that come into the zone just to grief players. If they're too high level for the zone and have their flag off war on, then feel free to one shot them for a change.

Warbanners can force your flag of war up too, but that only works on players within 3 levels of your level these days.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Originally posted by Yaruna

VERY much so. Nothing says "find another game" like being repeatedly one or two shotted by bored higher levels.   Couple that with their earlier cash shop antics, and its just not my type of game. 

If you were attacked by higher levels, then you had your flag of war up, for increased xp no doubt and should have been expecting attack by other players. If it was in Asee Teph (Holy Land), where quests require you to attack opposite faction mobs and thus flag, then items should be available to one shot the higher levels (28+) that come into the zone just to grief players. If they're too high level for the zone and have their flag off war on, then feel free to one shot them for a change.

Warbanners can force your flag of war up too, but that only works on players within 3 levels of your level these days.

I'm not entirely sure what this guy is suggesting but I've just begun to experience the forced PvP in this game and it's a game breaker for me I'm afraid. You have to attack opposite faction mobs in Holy Land (they've changed the name of that region, I think, why did they do that??). If you attack the mobs, your flag goes up and within two minutes, you've been one-shotted by a higher level and you have to rinse and repeat. Ideally, you'd get into a group, but there aren't enough single players in this game now to make that easily achievable.

There are also a surprisingly large no. of players who have sunk a fortune into cash shop runes in this game. I looked at someone the other night with a full set of level 9 runes in place. That makes them virtually unstoppable. I'm not against the cash shop idea - I spend a few quid here and there when it suits - but what's the point of being so grotesquely over-powered? I'd imagine they can probably one-shot most of anything that moves in the game. It makes even less sense in Allods where there are very few other people to show off to. What do you do all day? Must get boring fairly quickly...

Nope, think I'll give Allods a miss from now on...

• tochicooltochicool Member Posts: 153

Originally posted by gracefield

Originally posted by Yaruna

I'm not entirely sure what this guy is suggesting but I've just begun to experience the forced PvP in this game and it's a game breaker for me I'm afraid. You have to attack opposite faction mobs in Holy Land (they've changed the name of that region, I think, why did they do that??). If you attack the mobs, your flag goes up and within two minutes, you've been one-shotted by a higher level and you have to rinse and repeat. Ideally, you'd get into a group, but there aren't enough single players in this game now to make that easily achievable.

There are also a surprisingly large no. of players who have sunk a fortune into cash shop runes in this game. I looked at someone the other night with a full set of level 9 runes in place. That makes them virtually unstoppable. I'm not against the cash shop idea - I spend a few quid here and there when it suits - but what's the point of being so grotesquely over-powered? I'd imagine they can probably one-shot most of anything that moves in the game. It makes even less sense in Allods where there are very few other people to show off to. What do you do all day? Must get boring fairly quickly...

I'm just getting into the midst of Asee-teph and it isn't all that unfair. I only have one level 2 rune, which was free, but the rest are just plain level 1.  I've killed, and been killed by, imperial players and I don't really care whether they have higher RUNES or not than me. If I have a healer alongst side me then I am almost unstoppable. All that crap about higher level players attacking you is nonsense. Although didferent factions, the community in Allods is unbelievably friendly. 

Before, I was just like you; sceptacle about free to play forced player versus player but, thanks to this game I now love PvP!

FEEL THE FULL
    FREE-TO-FLAME
    FANTASY.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by gracefield

They introduced an item in Asee Teph (Holy Land) with which you can insta-kill higher level players. Some players skip AT altogether, preferring grind in the higher/lower zone until they get to the quests. You do not need the rep from that zone, it's convenient but you'll be out of the zone after that so fast that you'll wonder why you ever bothered with AT rep.

The players with high level runes probably have the reincarnation debuff on them, so they are actually level 46 or 47 player going for the extra class skills for their main.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...