Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online

PscyonPscyon Member Posts: 10
Warhammer Online has been officially re-announced by Mythic. Check out www.warhammeronline.com for the statement. Unfortunately, they are not recycling any of the brilliant ideas that Climax had, they're starting from scratch. There are even scary rumours of RvR play, which really doesn't suit the Warhammer World all too good. We, the community, were really hoping for the RPG part of MMORPG.

Comments

• staintstaint Member Posts: 6
    Let's hope it will be done, and ready.  Was looking forward for this game so much, and was kinda dwon when I found out it was halted...
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Pscyon
    Warhammer Online has been officially re-announced by Mythic. Check out www.warhammeronline.com for the statement. Unfortunately, they are not recycling any of the brilliant ideas that Climax had, they're starting from scratch. There are even scary rumours of RvR play, which really doesn't suit the Warhammer World all too good. We, the community, were really hoping for the RPG part of MMORPG.

Your late. Look in the News Room sometime. Good effort though.... and it's not a rumorimage

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• PscyonPscyon Member Posts: 10

Can't find it in the news room. And I put this in the rumor room, as we should be sceptical until results are shown.

EDIT: Found it.

• MadallawMadallaw Member Posts: 15
    Warhammer would be an excellent PvP, or large scale war game as well. IMO.
  • WowTrollWowTroll Member Posts: 74
    I played Warhammer 40k board game wit my friends for over a year, and loved it. I tried the other games that had been made into video games, but they werent as good. Ya if they had RPG of this it sounds like it would be pretty good ( But i better be able to choose my beloved orks) ((zug-zug))image

Plasticspork: Wow
    Buffilo Soilder: Counter Strike
    Plasticspork: Shot-Online

If you can read my avitar it says
    " ACDC, Back in Black"

• ShoedimusShoedimus Member Posts: 24

Is this Warhammer or Warhammer 40k? I think a Warhammer 40k MMO would be pretty cool. But this game should do well. At least PvP wise. PvP was no joke in DAoC and this is being made by the same people.

• BladeOfBloodBladeOfBlood Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by WowTroll
    I played Warhammer 40k board game wit my friends for over a year, and loved it. I tried the other games that had been made into video games, but they werent as good. Ya if they had RPG of this it sounds like it would be pretty good ( But i better be able to choose my beloved orks) ((zug-zug))image

I played warhammer for a little bit so far it's good but i knew there was a game for compter Dawn Of War a cd Mmorpg but didn't know there was others
  • Ice_FireIce_Fire Member Posts: 31
    yea i think it is warhammer 40k that is soo funimage

Ice

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

I want to get Dawn of war very badly. I downloaded the demo and it was great.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Ack, double posted. Well, let me make this a productive double post.
    Warhammer Online was about the original Warhammer, not Warhammer 40k. They might change it though since Warhammer Online was scrapped. I would much prefer Warhammer 40k Online since it wsa such a creative idea (fusing medieval with the future.).

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • AxiomAxiom Member Posts: 15

Man,

If Mythic got their grubby paws into this thing... its going to nose dive

• matrix_roguematrix_rogue Member Posts: 5

Mythic does PVP very well. It is the only reason I still have DAoC account. I would think Warhammer would go quite well with PVP, especially since Mythic added large scale battles to the RVR. It ruled with seiges and such.

• DojiDoji Member Posts: 5
    I play warhammer (fantasy) And I am very glad it isn't warhammer 40k. I love warhammer fantasy and I followed the game when it was under climax and they did have some great ideas. I like mythic, and I have faith they will do a good job with this game. They are starting new but that does not mean they can't include some of the old ideas. Judgeing by the fact that mythic hangs around the unofficla forum I have faith they will listen to the community. Some are concerned about the RvR but I think they can implement it well. Afterall the orginal battle game is RvR.
  • RaenzRaenz Member UncommonPosts: 81

I am going to guess that Mythic will have PvP in Warhammer.   That will probably be the focal point of the game.  You can't have a Games Workshop game and not have PvP...that's like trying to remove the stripes off of a tiger.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing what they do with that universe.  It's so rich in story.

I wish someone would license 40K and do a MMOG.  Have a nice deep rpg element to it, and have the combat and battlefield dynamics of WWIIOL.  I would love to play a space marine/Space Wolf, or even don terminator armor, and fight those damned Chaos folks!  Long live the Emporer!image

-Raenz-