Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isengard the most beautiful expansion ever.

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Lotro is keep up with its storyline reputation by adding alot of great key elements they have from past and are imagining in the future, this is such a great game, I encourage everyone to get it.

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

While LOTRO does have pretty landscape graphics, the game itself is terrible, and the lifetime sub I bought for it is one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life in the last few years...

If only I had a time machine, or one of those phones like on South Park. "Don't buy the lifetime sub, don't  buy the lifetime sub"

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• shylock1079shylock1079 Member Posts: 158

I don't regret my lifetime sub.  In fact, it has paid for itself for years.  Yeah, I only play it a few times a year now but it's always there...and my first playthrough was tons of fun.  Love the storylines but that also makes it have less replay value.  I could never get into the classes.  

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

I loved everything about the game except the combat and thats the only reason I no longer play it.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Still having fun...no regrets here either!  Are there things I would change?  Sure, but the game as is keeps me coming back!

• shylock1079shylock1079 Member Posts: 158

If they overhauled the class combat I'd be back.  I absolutely adored the ambiance and land.  The shimmer is amazing.  Just get rid of redundant or useless abilities that have minimal affect over the fight and improve animations.  I don't want DC online, but I finished the game using less than half my abilities as a Champ and never truly felt "awesome" powerful like Gimili.    

• AkiyeAkiye Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by shylock1079

I don't regret my lifetime sub.  In fact, it has paid for itself for years.  Yeah, I only play it a few times a year now but it's always there...and my first playthrough was tons of fun.  Love the storylines but that also makes it have less replay value.  I could never get into the classes.  

I regrets letting my friends and couple family members talking me back into WoW after I played beta and the first month or so. I did take the lifetime sub='(

• GaryMGaryM Member Posts: 244

I've been playing since late 2007 (Vol 1 Book 10 I think ...), and I *regret* not getting a lifetime subscription. But then, I didn't think it would still be going strong after 4 years.

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

how do u know its best expansion? 4 years in and were just now seeing isengard lol. If they were following the story we should have at least been past isengard already and further along. By the time we even see a glimpse of mordor your grand kids will inherit your toon.

oh wait theres a dragon i forgot about that in the 2 towers LOL.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I regret NOT buying a lifetime sub.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i got to say that until isengard i was ignoring lotr not because of the lack of lore but i wasnt patient enough to wait

but now with the lore coming the fork like this one isengard,and the fact there are no solid alternative

will make me shell the required 49 $ they re asking .nha i wont go in the free2play i think 2 gold?lol

i got a question tho if i was to start playing in the f2p version and baught isenguard later(say closer to lauch)

will i be able to activate the full game on myt f2p account or i have to start from scratch?

aslo does all the content from point a to point z included or do i have to buy each and every expension separatly?

Originally posted by Sovrath

99 $ for a year!

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

If it just wasn't for the trait system or whatever they called that crap where you had to like kill 100 orcs to get a better version of a skill, which by the very nature of the min/max nature of MMOs becomes all but required, LotRO would be an amazing game.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I too regret not buying a lifetime sub. I love this game and can't wait for RoI. :)

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Agreed.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

Agreed. I did buy the $99 for 1 year offer though.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Is the xpac out yet?  I don't even know...haven't kept track.

27 of september pre-buy is avail with all bonus avail now!

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

No. September.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Originally posted by drbaltazar

i got to say that until isengard i was ignoring lotr not because of the lack of lore but i wasnt patient enough to wait

but now with the lore coming the fork like this one isengard,and the fact there are no solid alternative

will make me shell the required 49 $ they re asking .nha i wont go in the free2play i think 2 gold?lol

i got a question tho if i was to start playing in the f2p version and baught isenguard later(say closer to lauch)

will i be able to activate the full game on myt f2p account or i have to start from scratch?

aslo does all the content from point a to point z included or do i have to buy each and every expension separatly?

The 49.99 package includes Moria and Mirkwood and therefore if you add it to your F2P account, you will unlock all areas and quest content on your F2P account. Which is great, because other than buying your riding trait in the shop, you basically don't need to spend anything in the shop after purchasing this expansion... To the best of my knowledge.

With that said, I have a lifer account and still bought the 49.99 package for the full cosmetics. I have a F2P account as well that I might just do the same to get all the content.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by Emeraq

Originally posted by drbaltazar

The 49.99 package includes Moria and Mirkwood and therefore if you add it to your F2P account, you will unlock all areas and quest content on your F2P account. Which is great, because other than buying your riding trait in the shop, you basically don't need to spend anything in the shop after purchasing this expansion... To the best of my knowledge.

With that said, I have a lifer account and still bought the 49.99 package for the full cosmetics. I have a F2P account as well that I might just do the same to get all the content.

Also it generally is a good idea to pay for at least one month. This gets rid of most of the more common TP buys(Trait slots, Gold limit, bags, etc..) for any character you play during that month.

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

I'm going to assume that the OP is in the beta version of it...as Isengard isn't out until next month. Good news if it's accurate.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

So far the screenshots they have released are utter crap and highly dissapointing!

(and I have pre-ordered Isengard /sigh)

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

to everyone who dislikes lotro..bet you played WoW ..ruins playing other games :(

To everyone who likes lotro..yeey party in isengard!

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • ajsr.ptajsr.pt Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by SuperXero89

If it just wasn't for the trait system or whatever they called that crap where you had to like kill 100 orcs to get a better version of a skill, which by the very nature of the min/max nature of MMOs becomes all but required, LotRO would be an amazing game.

This is what made me quit.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

I see no one talking about the expansion here which Turbine out and out lied about.. LoTRO was a good game, until it went F2P. Now they are releasing a expansion with no new instances, no new classes, no new PVMP(the thing lied about) zone, and adding 10 levels with only 300 new quests(maybe 5/10 levels will be gained from quests, unless the quests are worth quadrouple what they are now), and only one new zone. Sad really. It's a mini expansion that they want $30 for, greed much?

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.