Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healer lfpve mmo not wow/rift

NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

Hello. Thanks for any suggestions. Even if it's something I don't like, then I'll still give the trial a go. Yeah... I'm getting really desperate now =(.

I'm looking for a mmo that is challenging to heal, and at the same time provides enough content in pve. Pvp on the side is a bonus, but I'm pretty casual about most pvp.

Graphics don't really concern me, but it has to play smooth. One I'm thinking of trying again is aion. I played it for maybe the 1st month of the western release. I just thought it was way too grindy for my taste, and raid content  didn't look too complex.

Comments

  • wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

    What about AoC?  It runs pretty smooth after the F2P transition and offers up a good deal of content post RotGS.  Also, it has 3 unique healing classes and a unique cone shape area of effect healing method.

    image
  • NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

    Originally posted by wildtalent

    What about AoC?  It runs pretty smooth after the F2P transition and offers up a good deal of content post RotGS.  Also, it has 3 unique healing classes and a unique cone shape area of effect healing method.

     

    I'll give it a shot today.

  • SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

    AoC has the (in my eyes) worst approach to healers ever with this idiotic hybrid approach. For a real healer that wishes for progression, to have a difference in the outcome depending if he does well or not it definitely is the wrong game.

    Sadly the only real game I can think of that has AWESOME healing is Dark Age of Camelot which has its glorious prime already past it. No game comes even remotely close to it in my eyes.

  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

    vanguard. blood mage is one of the most fun healing classes ever. The other healing classes are all good too. In fact if there is one thing vanguard got right, it's all of it's classes.

    As with any game likely to be suggested here .. finding a group to heal in VG can be tough at times, but when you do find a group it's usually nice, decent to good players on average and the group content in VG is a lot of fun.

    If nothing else, just playing the classes can be a lot of fun for quite some time.

    LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

  • NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

    Originally posted by azmundai

    vanguard. blood mage is one of the most fun healing classes ever. The other healing classes are all good too. In fact if there is one thing vanguard got right, it's all of it's classes.

    As with any game likely to be suggested here .. finding a group to heal in VG can be tough at times, but when you do find a group it's usually nice, decent to good players on average and the group content in VG is a lot of fun.

    If nothing else, just playing the classes can be a lot of fun for quite some time.

    Sounds fun. Hows the end game content? A lot of raiding instances/world bosses? Do more players go solo, or is the game focused on a groups?

  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 3,803

    Lord of the Rings.

    Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

  • NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

    Originally posted by Saydien

    AoC has the (in my eyes) worst approach to healers ever with this idiotic hybrid approach. For a real healer that wishes for progression, to have a difference in the outcome depending if he does well or not it definitely is the wrong game.

    Sadly the only real game I can think of that has AWESOME healing is Dark Age of Camelot which has its glorious prime already past it. No game comes even remotely close to it in my eyes.

     

    Sad to hear. I've seen some videos of Daoc, and the healing did look intense.

  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,294

    Originally posted by Nytris

    Hello. Thanks for any suggestions. Even if it's something I don't like, then I'll still give the trial a go. Yeah... I'm getting really desperate now =(.

    I'm looking for a mmo that is challenging to heal, and at the same time provides enough content in pve. Pvp on the side is a bonus, but I'm pretty casual about most pvp.

    Graphics don't really concern me, but it has to play smooth. One I'm thinking of trying again is aion. I played it for maybe the 1st month of the western release. I just thought it was way too grindy for my taste, and raid content  didn't look too complex.

    You may want to give EQ2 a go too, as a pve game has an impressive amount of content and healers are fun.



  • NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

    Originally posted by alakram

    Originally posted by Nytris

    Hello. Thanks for any suggestions. Even if it's something I don't like, then I'll still give the trial a go. Yeah... I'm getting really desperate now =(.

    I'm looking for a mmo that is challenging to heal, and at the same time provides enough content in pve. Pvp on the side is a bonus, but I'm pretty casual about most pvp.

    Graphics don't really concern me, but it has to play smooth. One I'm thinking of trying again is aion. I played it for maybe the 1st month of the western release. I just thought it was way too grindy for my taste, and raid content  didn't look too complex.

    You may want to give EQ2 a go too, as a pve game has an impressive amount of content and healers are fun.

     

    I just watched a review, and I think I really want to give this a try 1st instead.

  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419


    Originally posted by Nytris

    Originally posted by azmundai
    vanguard. blood mage is one of the most fun healing classes ever. The other healing classes are all good too. In fact if there is one thing vanguard got right, it's all of it's classes.
    As with any game likely to be suggested here .. finding a group to heal in VG can be tough at times, but when you do find a group it's usually nice, decent to good players on average and the group content in VG is a lot of fun.
    If nothing else, just playing the classes can be a lot of fun for quite some time.
    Sounds fun. Hows the end game content? A lot of raiding instances/world bosses? Do more players go solo, or is the game focused on a groups?

    There is decent endgame and world bosses and I believe (youd have to research some) there are guilds doing it.

    A lot of people solo .. but id say far less than most games. This really depends on populations atm .. it used to be very group based. It was always soloable .. but the group content is much better.

    LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

  • JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,667

    The Templar class in EQ2 is the funnest healing class in any mmo I've tried, and I've tried a whole bunch. At high levels, it can be extremely challenging in a fun way as well. It's the only healing class I ever liked.  

  • NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

    Installing Everquest now. Think I got it  down to EQ2 and Aion. Thanks for all the help guys.

    Oh yes, before I forget.....

    Hows the population in EQ2, and is raiding content updated a lot? I see they patch a lot.

  • SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212

    Nytris, you should really try Vanguard too along with those 2.......I won't list reasons, as most of the bases have been covered on AoC, EQ2, VG, and AION....

     

    What I will say, is that each of these games have a decent player base, 2 from going F2P, and the other 2 from getting stability, and hopefully from one of them more content updates soon, but each one of these 4 have plenty of content and things to do, some a cpl months more then others....

     

    I will highly suggest that before you spend money on either EQ2 or AoC you give the VG or AION a full tryout as IMHO those 2 games are much better games for the buck atm, IE vs premium of AoC or EQ2.....

    deuce

  • NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

    Originally posted by SirLorn

    Nytris, you should really try Vanguard too along with those 2.......I won't list reasons, as most of the bases have been covered on AoC, EQ2, VG, and AION....

     

    What I will say, is that each of these games have a decent player base, 2 from going F2P, and the other 2 from getting stability, and hopefully from one of them more content updates soon, but each one of these 4 have plenty of content and things to do, some a cpl months more then others....

     

    I will highly suggest that before you spend money on either EQ2 or AoC you give the VG or AION a full tryout as IMHO those 2 games are much better games for the buck atm, IE vs premium of AoC or EQ2.....

    deuce

     

    Thanks, I will follow your advice. I'll try VG after EQ2. As for a Aion. I have a guilty pleasure of using forums of how games are going. I know this is foolishly terrabad, but I can't help it. I just noticed a lot of bad posts on Aion. Prob easy to bash on devs that work for the Eastern side of the world. Also they only had a limited reactivation thing going on for inactive accounts that I missed out on. I'm trying to check my mail to see if they sent anything that I could use to turn back on my account.

Sign In or Register to comment.