Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you Really have child avatars on Aion?

EgaoNoGenkiEgaoNoGenki Member Posts: 397

I read a long time ago that (allegedly) you could create the avatar of children on this game. Since the prospect of reliving a childhood to escape the drudgeries of college life make it sound too good to be true, I need this to be verified by screenshots.

Would anyone happen to have any by chance?

Moreover, when you play as a child on this game, how do the dynamics change? Do you get a unique set of quests not available to adult avatars, etc.?

Comments

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

It's been awhile since i played but the character customization did allow you to create child-like characters (as well as a staggering array carnie freak show characters), however unless something has changed since I played there was no actual age control and no difference in story, quests or npc interaction.

In fact it was quite common for hardcore pvpers to create the smallest character they could for the slight advantage of being harder to select without tab targeting.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Well, not exactly children but you can make them as short as you want, so they can sort of resemble children from afar. In reality they are just tiny versions of their bigger selves.

• DAVIDMINDYDAVIDMINDY Member UncommonPosts: 27

After the last expansion you can make avatars that look like children ie, face, build, voice, but they play in game the same way. My main looks like a litte girl with bubble gum colored pink hair  

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

The avatars. I'm not sure if these are childlike enough for what you're asking?

Link, link, here's a video of someone playing around with her character dolling her up. On my last visit I made a child character and I regret not having made at least a screenshot of him.

However you make your avatar look has no impact on the content that's presented to you in-game.

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

When i played during launch my character was on the dark side (forget the name of them already).

He was short, had a round face that looked like an infants face, and a beer belly.  Looked like a mini flying bat-baby.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by strangerdang

When i played during launch my character was on the dark side (forget the name of them already).

He was short, had a round face that looked like an infants face, and a beer belly.  Looked like a mini flying bat-baby.

Castillle, the Forum Bunny here on MMORPG.com.....taught me that those are called "moogles."  I think they must be very popular in some Asian countries (or maybe all, I'm not sure).  I had never seen a moogle before.  Interesting, no?  heh

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• howtolandhowtoland Member Posts: 92

Originally posted by just1opinion

Castillle, the Forum Bunny here on MMORPG.com.....taught me that those are called "moogles."  I think they must be very popular in some Asian countries (or maybe all, I'm not sure).  I had never seen a moogle before.  Interesting, no?  heh

Final Fantasy.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by howtoland

Originally posted by just1opinion

Final Fantasy.

Ahhh....no wonder I had not seen nor heard of these critters.  I know NOTHING of FF.  Thanks for letting me know where they came from. :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• PainbringerPainbringer Member Posts: 63

Mabinogi seems to be the only MMO I've played where characters start off as a children.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

Aion is very flexable, when I played I saw kids, a Warhammer dwarf, elf, and there it even a Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-2BzE4fqsU

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

You could make them look pretty kiddy.   My SM back when I still played:

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

http://www.aionsource.com/topic/100434-screenshot-child-characters/page__st__20

Has some really good child characters, some more toward adolescence.  The two best I saw in this thread came from a player named Hino who I guess made a story around a brother and sister:

Nills

Posted Image

and

Ainna

Posted Image