Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One of the best as of right now!

GeowashGeowash Member Posts: 372

Yes that title is not misleading, my account was reactivated for subscription after the reactivation week when 2.5 was released and with casual leveling im already at level 43 and a bar till 44. This game is now imo almost flawless and since its a PVP game yeah there's still not tooo much content, but many forts to cap and stuff.

Heres my official review though, Level Up Episode 3 - Aion Online 2.5 Empyrean Calling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThprXAUAyf8

Make sure to comment, rate, and subscribe! 

Thanks,

Zach Sharpes

Comments

• TheHelperTheHelper Member Posts: 108

Thanks for taking the time to review this, I stopped reletivly quick when i tried it at launch, felt the grindyness from the start and felt like the entire emphisis on the game was it's graphics. Glad to hear it has changed for the better, leveling was horrid i recall.

• GeowashGeowash Member Posts: 372

Originally posted by TheHelper

Thanks for taking the time to review this, I stopped reletivly quick when i tried it at launch, felt the grindyness from the start and felt like the entire emphisis on the game was it's graphics. Glad to hear it has changed for the better, leveling was horrid i recall.

Leveling was horrid my friend. Thats why I quit after about 3 months when Aion lauched. I always cant turn down NCsoft tho when they reactivate accounts... always a good chance to go back to old memories and test if its actually good and if it has changed. Luckly for Aion it did and with another patch aka 2.6 coming out next month that will feature cool stuff as well this game is developing into something great like we were promised a while back.

• MichielMichiel Member UncommonPosts: 235

I can recommend rolling Asmodian/Elyos on the server where NCsoft has the Faction incentive program going. I'm playing Asmodian on such a server and I get gifts every level up (armour, weapons, potions, scrolls) and I have 50 coins which give me +50% xp for an hour (each) while killing. I can just keep using those coins every minute I play. I've played around 12 hours on my current character and I'm level 16. Compared to earlier versions of Aion that's pretty darn quick.

Originally posted by Michiel

I can recommend rolling Asmodian/Elyos on the server where NCsoft has the Faction incentive program going. I'm playing Asmodian on such a server and I get gifts every level up (armour, weapons, potions, scrolls) and I have 50 coins which give me +50% xp for an hour (each) while killing. I can just keep using those coins every minute I play. I've played around 12 hours on my current character and I'm level 16. Compared to earlier versions of Aion that's pretty darn quick.

Yeah its pretty epic. Thats one of the things I did. My server was heavily populated by Elyos so im happy they are doing stuff like that now. Plus it helped me level. 

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Great job on the video :)

• MichielMichiel Member UncommonPosts: 235

I really liked your video! Going to check out more of your videos just for fun ;)

EDIT: I would love it if you could do some more videos on Aion like you said and keep this thread updated. I'll check it out from time to time.

I would be interested to see how you feel at cap or when and if you stop off to do some abyss pvp.

Originally posted by Wicoa

I would be interested to see how you feel at cap or when and if you stop off to do some abyss pvp.

I will be sure to do some Abyss PVP videos and when I reach cap I will do a Extended Gameplay.

As for updating the thread I will post when theres a new video on my Facebook, Twitter, This thread, and ill send a broadcast to all my subs/friends when a new video is up! So dont worry about not knowing when theres a new video. Im heading out for the weekend though so there wont be a Extended Gameplay for it till Monday. Normally there would be one out today but im leaving in the next like 5 min so yeah haha. Also stay tuned for my Top 10 F2P MMORPG list coming sometime this weekend... probably Sunday.

Thanks,

Zach Sharpes

In some days or so dragon nest launches I highly recommend you look into that if you can get a cbeta key.  It looks great and probably will top the F2P charts when its launched. It plays differently too very arcadie.

Originally posted by Wicoa

In some days or so dragon nest launches I highly recommend you look into that if you can get a cbeta key.  It looks great and probably will top the F2P charts when its launched. It plays differently too very arcadie.

Ill have to check it out, ill probably get a CBeta key and break the NDA to show yeah guys what its about and what I think of it. (Yes I break NDAs, Although I dont Officially Review something till it releases.)

• KlyptoKlypto Member Posts: 3

Hey Aion players, I have a lvl 55 assassin and lvl 48 ranger both asmodians on the vaizel server and was wondering if anyone plays asmo on vaizel that has any idea if the game is playable now.  When I left 5 months ago it was so horrid you couldn't really fight in pvp by yourself because the hackers were so bad they could kill you in one hit.  One of big deciders for me is I could never get into any instances because everyone wanted you to be all geared up to group which was chicken and egg for me because thats why I wanted to go to do them.  If anyone can convince me on how I can enjoy Aion as either sin, ranger, or cleric and has a good mature legion I could join if I were to come back since I've been out of aion for 5 months now let me know.

Thanks for your time :D

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by Geowash

Yes that title is not misleading, my account was reactivated for subscription after the reactivation week when 2.5 was released and with casual leveling im already at level 43 and a bar till 44. This game is now imo almost flawless and since its a PVP game yeah there's still not tooo much content, but many forts to cap and stuff.

Heres my official review though, Level Up Episode 3 - Aion Online 2.5 Empyrean Calling!

Thanks,

Zach Sharpes

I bought it for 9 euros and liked it but I can't stand the horrible ground textures, low quality and no bump mapping makes my eyes bleed. But sure the rest is good. I may come back when / if they add player housing.

Originally posted by alakram

Thanks,

Zach Sharpes

I bought it for 9 euros and liked it but I can't stand the horrible ground textures, low quality and no bump mapping makes my eyes bleed. But sure the rest is good. I may come back when / if they add player housing.

From the vision trailer for 3.0 it is a possibility that there will be player houseing in the game sometime next year. As for the graphics its a toss up because with all types of art styles some people like it some dont, as far as my opinion goes I think they could have made the world look as good as the character models as far as quality goes. =P

Thanks,

Zach Sharpes

Originally posted by Klypto

Hey Aion players, I have a lvl 55 assassin and lvl 48 ranger both asmodians on the vaizel server and was wondering if anyone plays asmo on vaizel that has any idea if the game is playable now.  When I left 5 months ago it was so horrid you couldn't really fight in pvp by yourself because the hackers were so bad they could kill you in one hit.  One of big deciders for me is I could never get into any instances because everyone wanted you to be all geared up to group which was chicken and egg for me because thats why I wanted to go to do them.  If anyone can convince me on how I can enjoy Aion as either sin, ranger, or cleric and has a good mature legion I could join if I were to come back since I've been out of aion for 5 months now let me know.

Thanks for your time :D

The game has changed a good ammount since the last time you played, as far as your server goes im not sure for I play on a different one. As for instancing goes, I normally dont se gear being an issue... atleast on my server. Oh and if there was a asmo issue on your server regarding being unpopulated, NCSoft put a accentive program which gives XP Boosts, Medals, AP, Etc to players of a minority faction to ensure a even ballence in the abyss. And Ive never experienced a hacker.

Thanks,

Zach Sharpes

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

i think im going to try Aion out again soon.

i see the customization improved bigtime lol:) seen videos of people playing as Obama, Micheal Jackson:P

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613
    I also returned recently. I enjoyed the combat and other gameplay. What keeps me from playing the game is character models. Specifically the male character models. They look way too feminine. I can't quite explain it, I just can't play a character that looks like that. I also dislike the mechanics surrounding flight.

I really enjoy the combat, skills, and skill chains (they don't start getting awesome until level 20 or so). I just can't force myself to play as a toon that looks like a metro-sexual on roids. they can leave the female models, just westernize the male character models and male armor models and I will sub.
  • revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by gigat

I also returned recently. I enjoyed the combat and other gameplay. What keeps me from playing the game is character models. Specifically the male character models. They look way too feminine. I can't quite explain it, I just can't play a character that looks like that. I also dislike the mechanics surrounding flight.

I really enjoy the combat, skills, and skill chains (they don't start getting awesome until level 20 or so). I just can't force myself to play as a toon that looks like a metro-sexual on roids. they can leave the female models, just westernize the male character models and male armor models and I will sub.

You can make all kind of characters in Aion including the ugly looking savage-barbarian type not only one that looks like a Lineage 2 male elf, have you played the game?

Originally posted by revy66

You can make all kind of characters in Aion including the ugly looking savage-barbarian type not only one that looks like a Lineage 2 male elf, have you played the game?

Lol yeah exactly... someone made Obama... almost looked exactly like him to. 

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

I think you are confusing AION with another game.  Either that or you are full of it.  Character creation you can design your character to look like WHATEVER you want. 

Originally posted by Tyvolus1

I think you are confusing AION with another game.  Either that or you are full of it.  Character creation you can design your character to look like WHATEVER you want. 

Exactly lol... Obama wasnt made because the character creation system is simple.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by alakram

Thanks,

Zach Sharpes

thank you for saying that. i thought it was just my poor eyesight or something. but the ground textures and even much of the foliage and ground cover are horrid, and that's with the settings cranked to max on my machine.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

ya character customization is waaay over the top imo. and im someone who loves to customize. but the balloon headed stick things running around kind of ruin the immersion for me.

it seems to me that they were trying to offer an opportunity for folks to create basic races they were used to in other games. as from personal experience you can customize to look like a human, dwarf, elf, even a halfling of sorts.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Originally posted by chelan

ya character customization is waaay over the top imo. and im someone who loves to customize. but the balloon headed stick things running around kind of ruin the immersion for me.

it seems to me that they were trying to offer an opportunity for folks to create basic races they were used to in other games. as from personal experience you can customize to look like a human, dwarf, elf, even a halfling of sorts.

Exactly and thats the cool part... Create your own race really lol. And in every game you have the balloon headed people if you have a good character customizer lol.