Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting into mmorpgs. Need suggestions.

darkbadgerdarkbadger Member Posts: 3

I played alot of games from TBS to FPS and i am now looking into MMOs.

I enjoy sandbox games: played some mortal online, it needs alot of polishing; i wanna check out darkfall..

What i'm looking for it's a game that's not full of "colours", u know that toon like games or japanes, korean "whatever" games.

It dosen't have to be sandbox all they way, but it's would be nice to have some sandbox elements in it, like go where i want, a good crafting and housing system, non instanced...(i don't mind quests)

I am also interested in "dynamical interaction" with the game world. By this i don't mean too much, just have the possibility to build a keep, a castle and defend it, attack with your guild, something like DAoC Realm vs Realm

So, right now i am thinking on checking out Darkfall, Vanguard and Age of Conan BTW: do those games have structures u can defend/attack, do sieges, large scale warfare, RvR ???

P.s. Pls don't mention wurm, xsyon, dawntide

Thanks in advance

Comments

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

There isn't anything in the market that has everything you want rolled into one game.  You can normally find 1 maybe 2 of the features you listed, but the rest will be poorly implemented or don't exist.

DF would fall under has large keeps to attack/defend.  Most the other aspects are for the better part broken.   However, the game might be doing a server wipe and being released as DF 2.0.   The developers are not sure how they plan to release DF next chapter.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by darkbadger

<>

Not much on the market for you at the moment that is worth playing, unless you want to go oldschool and play UO or something like that. Developers just can't seem to grasp what it would take to make a good mmorpg. Try back in 10 years.

• darlok6666darlok6666 Member Posts: 211

Been a year+ since AoC but the whole keep PvP stuff is pretty much a dead in the water thing.  sure there is some out there but not a whole lot.  Pretty much people went off to better things but this was all prior to F2P so who knows now.

Might wanna check ArcheAge out though, never did follow it too closely as the lil Cloud wanna be sword wielders was too much for me.  Asian design style was never my cup of tea.

• darkbadgerdarkbadger Member Posts: 3

Thanks for your input guys.

Since i may have asked too much, you can just point me to an mmo that's not too cartoony/asian/korean.(if you think it's quality though, don't worry, just list it below)

Having large battles, with sieges and taking over certain areas of interest it's a plus.

All your responses are appreciated.

Regards,

badger

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I believe there is a 14 day trial for Vanguard check it out.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Check Fallen Earth, it has everything you asked for in your post (some of the things are well implemented, others should have been implemented in a better form in my opinion, but it has everything). They are changing the game model to a F2p system with a P2P option in some months too, which will bring more population to the game, but population is not a problem yet so check it out. I think it also has a trial.

• darkbadgerdarkbadger Member Posts: 3

I have checked Age of Conan and watched some "first impression" gameplay videos for Darkfall, Vanguard and Fallen Earth.

I really like the whole first person perspective in games, like The Elder Scrolls, Fallout. I'm also waiting for Planetside 2 and Tribes Ascend. Also keeping a close eye on Dust 415 and Archeage.

Keep 'em coming, doesn't matter: first person, 3rd person.

I like everything fantasy/medieval in RPG games and in shooters i mostly prefer futuristic settings.

Off-topic(for those seeking first person RPGs): if u guys haven't heard about Arx Fatalis, check it out, it's a singleplayer, first person RPG. The game didn't receive as much attention as it should.

• huanieeshuaniees Member Posts: 6

I suggest Gate to heavens, A brilliant old-school MMORPG very exciting to play

http://www.gatetoheavens.com/

4 Classes , Vital Spirtor , Swordsmen , Mage and ,Archer/Dagger

heres a Video if u would like to watch about the server

Interesting PVP features , when grouped PVP its much more exciting

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by darkbadger

Thanks for your input guys.

Since i may have asked too much, you can just point me to an mmo that's not too cartoony/asian/korean.(if you think it's quality though, don't worry, just list it below)

Having large battles, with sieges and taking over certain areas of interest it's a plus.

All your responses are appreciated.

Regards,

badger

Dark Age of Camelot is the best there is at this.

If you try it, you should really, really try to find some friendly, helpful players/guild to help you level up, as the playerbase is very topheavy (most people are max level). Try to find a great guild and great people to play with asap and you should be fine. They will show you the ropes of PVP etc.