Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lookin for a game yo!

EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

Basically I am way to excited for SWTOR, my return to WoW has been fun for the whole month I spent, but I now need something else to give me 3 months of focus. I am looking at several titles..

Vanguard saga of heroes.

EQ2

EQ1 Progression server.

Any feedback on how these games are holding up would be win.

Comments

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

I really dont have any idea what you could play, person I have never spoken too before in my life. I wish you luck in your endeavors to find a new(old) game to hold your interest for the short while until SWTOR releases.

Vanguards seems like a decent idea.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. My return to WoW lasted just over a month and now the boredom has kicked in while I wait for SWTOR.

I have not played EQ1 so can't comment.

Everquest 2 was 'OK' for around 2 weeks but I couldn't get on with it. Still, it's a pretty good game and if you can get it cheap I would recommend trying.

Now, Vanguard. I took the plunge last night and ordered it. I can only comment on the trial at the minute. It felt similar to EQ2 from the very small amount I played but with some quite impressive visuals even now, and a huge choice of races which I like.

I see you are from the UK, so this link may be useful for you. Vanguard for £1.49 :)

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=602424

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Was a founder of RIFT, hit max level and killed a few bosses in the first raid within the first month... I decided not to sub to it after that and lost interest. I did go back a month or two back for the patch and enjoyed it for a couple weeks but again lost interest fast.

As the OP is bored of WoW, I would not recommend trying RIFT straight away. Go for Vanguard or EQ2.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

Yea me and OP are in the same guild and all that, we have already done the Rift thing. Max lvl few warfronts to get PvP rankings going and lost interest really quick. We did the WoW thing after Cata released, lost interest after about 2 months. We started up GW1 up and might give that a shot again and see how long that takes us. If you have any other sugestions let us know we are grabbing at about anything right now.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• huanieeshuaniees Member Posts: 6

I suggest Gate to heavens, A brilliant old-school MMORPG very exciting to play

http://www.gatetoheavens.com/

4 Classes , Vital Spirtor , Swordsmen , Mage and ,Archer/Dagger

heres a Video if u would like to watch about the server

Interesting PVP features , when grouped PVP its much more exciting

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

If you like Wow and are waiting on SWTOR, then EQ2 is the obvious answer. EQ1 and Vanguard are of a different breed.