Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perfect texample why MO is a buggy mess with no tools for a real sandbox.

MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Give it a read it shows why the game (a year and change after release) is still a mess.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/65198-barrows-formally-known-myrmopolis.html

default The Barrows (formally known as Myrmopolis)

An explanation of what happened at The Barrows so everyone will understand.

WSX purchased the equipment to take down the main gate.

WSX camps the gate location for 3 days to replace the gate as our own.

WSX purchased the equipment to take down everything within the palisades.

WSX spends a whole day taking all of the houses down, and a lot of gold.

WSX has to wait and replace one of the gates accidentally destroyed during our demolition. Camp the gate for 3 days again until we can replace.

WSX Replaces the gate and rebuilds all of the palisade walls.

After replacing the gate and rebuilding all of the walls, we realize that the gate is bugged and although it is locked, some of us can still go in.

We call a GM immediately who tries with me for over an hour to figure it out but couldn't get anywhere with it and he had to leave. The GM says he will continue to work on the problem, and also asks me to submit an in game support for it, which I did (which of course now means the whole server knows the gate doesn't work).

WSX now cannot safely build inside the palisade because the gate is bugged, so we wait until the gate is fixed before building what we wanted in there.

During the time we were waiting for the gate to be fixed, nobody contested the area at all. As a matter of fact, on these forums themselves it was stated that this other said guild had no interest in the palisade at all and didn't care about it as shown here:

Originally Posted by Thirst 

"Indeed... And i doubt it was a fake attack :/ Also, we couldnt have cared less about Mermopolis, why do you think we cared for it?"

While WSX was waiting for the gate to be fixed, asset destruction was turned off due to some bugs with it.

After asset destruction was turned off, some people went into our palisades through the bugged gates and started building within our palisades. 

We contacted a GM who came and said that they couldn't do anything to help because there was already a ticket in about the palisade through the other GM so this GM couldn't interfere in any way. So we were forced to let them continue to build since asset destruction was turned off and we couldn't destroy the houses.

When we were finally able to reach the first GM about the situation, they already had 1 house built and 1 under construction. After some time discussing it with the GM a statement was finally made that while asset destruction was turned off, nobody could build within palisade walls that were owned by an enemy without permission from the owner of the palisades and the owner of the territory, and that the houses that were already placed would be removed.

Now with the belief that they will fix the bugged gates, WSX decides to go ahead and place the planned houses within the palisades. This should not be a problem since WSX owns both palisades gates and the territory the palisade is in.

During our building of the 3rd house we find out that the GM s are reviewing the situation.

Today the GMs removed all houses within our palisades, including ours, and says no other houses could be built in OUR palisades while asset destruction is turned off so that the other guild could have the chance to fight for this palisade that they had no interest in before asset destruction was turned off.

This, in my opinion was a very bad judgment. Yes we can replace these houses when asset destruction is turned back on, but we shouldn't have to fight for the right to place in our own palisade that we already fought over, spent a lot of time and gold to win control of.

I understand that SV has a very small team, and I am completely willing to work with the bugs in the game, and even somewhat with some exploiting as its stuff found in every game. I understand that it will take a smaller team longer to fix these things.. and that's okay with me, I really love the vision of MO and had high hopes of what it would be. What I cannot work with is how time and time again, the honorable people of the community seem to get stepped on with no repercussions to the people taking advantage of these situations.

I have sat back and watched friend's houses get exploited into, all of their stuff taken, and nothing done about it... nothing returned to the owner, and no bans. This was the last straw for me. This is ruining the community and soon there will be no honorable people left in the community. I refuse to cheat, use broken game mechanics, hack, exploit, or take advantage of loopholes in the game. I will never be able to win in this game without doing any of that.

A note to the people using these things to their advantage to get ahead: You may not care, but you are ruining the game. MO will not survive much longer if the player base keeps getting pushed out because of these things then you won't have the game to play either. Now, if you care about and enjoy the game.. you should rethink what you are doing by pushing everyone out. If you don't care about the game, you should move on and find another game.

This situation has caused 10 unsubs within just the last hour since the decision was made, and that's before the rest of the guild even finds out what the decision was. At this point, its not about the palisade, but about the principal of how the community is being treated here.

Farewell

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

It's a shame to see my old guild who's been loyal to MO for so long to be abused by poor GM decisions. I'm shocked they still have a division playing that broken game.

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

From a very poed player.  Putting it here since I am sure it will be deleted soon.

default The Barrow conversation in the members section

Posting this here as I have cancelled my sub. This relates to the threadhttp://www.mortalonline.com/forums/6...ml#post1187170

Well done SV. Continual pandering to the RPKs has resulted in untold subs being lost over the last year, a barrage of them leaving right this week. And then we all sit around and wonder why 50% of the active population are in RPK clans. Everyone else has left! I guess we should've known when we were told most Devs were PKs in Ultimate Online. You lot have no idea what the hell is needed and I am not talking about unbalanced PvP or whatever these same RPK idiots want to bitch about every week.

This ridiculous about face was done to calm the MERCs down who were threatening to quit if they can't take advantage of a situation AGAIN. Pretty clear you would rather have griefers and exploiters in your game than the honest players. What you should have figured out by now RPKs don't quit while they can exploit or abuse stupid mechanics. It is why they are here, to fuck with people, it is the most destructive portion of the population and you want to help them?! The rest of us that are here to actually play the game has to endure.

How many times have people exploited into keeps and houses? How many times do you say "we can't do anything about it"? Yet here you go... shame the poor whiny, little RPK kids can't fuck people over again so let us change the rules.

Everyone knows MERC, RAGE, AQ, MYRMS and most other red clans exploit. Everyone knows. If they haven't done so recently they have done so in the past with their leaders consent. Hell, even SS (who are supposedly nice and honest now) exploited and they learnt it from members in AQ - remember that gold duping incident? It is common knowledge. Yet no one ever gets banned.

Delete this post then and ban me for all I care, the fact that they exploit and abuse bugs every chance they get is known by all. And then of course you get Councillors saying to us they won't help us because we exploited into AQ's palisade, a fucking Councillor?! Who the hell do you have in these positions? We've never even been to AQ palisade.

I can't believe I am saying this but I hope this game tanks because you cant learn LESSON FUCKING NUMBER 1!

The RPK players are of no consequence in designing a game. They are the balancing figure. They flock to where they can fuck with people, thus broken game mechanics and bugs actually favour them. They come whether you want them or not. You do not, cannot, build a game around them.

The only people you want to worry about are non-RPKers. There are so many people that want to play full loot and territory control games and don't mind losing their shit, hell they can handle the bugs to a great extent, but if one thing fucks them off it is ass-wipes deliberately taking advantage of game problems. Most people don't want to play like that and then they leave. What makes it worse is that you actually engage with these cunts and actively assist them.

Seriously, go fuck yourselves.

• DraxUlfDraxUlf Member Posts: 2

Moreplex, I registered here just to say 'thank you' to you.  From a personal perspective that was the most fun rant I have ever had, referring to the second one you posted.  I copied the text into a Word document but forget to save and my desktop chose that day to freeze.  After a force-reset I had obviously lost the temporary files.  When a guild-mate asked to see a copy because he had had such a laugh I realised to my dismay what had happened.  I scoured the internet for some solution but to no avail and then by pure chance I stumbled onto this thread.  It is safely saved down now. 

StarVault has frustrated me so badly with their myopic decision making in supporting the least desirable elements in the game.  The lady that posted the first thread is a good example of a good-natured, friendly person with great integrity trying their best to support a conquest sandbox despite all the bugs while having to be subjected to abuse by exploiters and griefers on a daily basis.  Time and time again they have used broken game mechanics to target certain guilds and players in campaigns of such deliberate griefing (Youtube videos and all) that it would get you banned from most other MMOs.  Yet they persevered.  We all know certain Councillors deliberately help those very same clans by, for example, scouting for them and then teleporting PKers to where our lone fighters or harvesters are.  When we need help we are confronted "didn't you exploit here at X, Y, Z".  This is doubly ridiculous as their clan is known for NOT exploiting.  As you can imagine it is devilishly difficult to prove all this.  Bravely they took all that on the chin and soldiered on hoping for a day when the exploits will be fixed until of course the GMs deliberately sided with a known griefing/exploiting group.  That straw broke the camel's back and they left in droves.

Thanks again for the preservation work!

{mod edit}.  But I agree with you.  A game that has full loot pvpv with asset destruction can not have player counclers/gms it is too easy to exploit.  And yes there are so many bugs, exploits, FOTMs put in the game with each patch it is too easy to game the game.  Hell sometimes I bet people are exploiting and do not even know they are.  But I am glad WSX is finally speaking out on it.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by Moreplex

No problem I am here to report on everything that Rohn doesn't report on.

Why is this so important to you why is MOs slipups so important to you?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by Torgrim

{mod edit}.

Might have to do with the fact that they screwed him over and wasted his time. Only guessing of course. Dunno why exactly someone is warning people about fraudulent business on the internet of course..

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

No problem I am here to report on everything that Rohn doesn't report on.

Do you have any tangible positives you'd like to discuss?  Whats your problem with giving people both sides?   Its not like we make this stuff up...image

I win!!! LOL@U

{mod edit}.

Slipups??  lol If what SV does can be called a slip up I guess the Titanic hitting an iceberg was a "slip up".

If I did not share the other side of the coin then you would only have the Tizio's and the Rohn's talking about MO.  And I have literally seen Tizio say a patch was bug free when it was a bug disaster.  And many people would be duped into buying the game instead of the game just having dupes.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

{mod edit}.

If I did not share the other side of the coin then you would only have the Tizio's and the Rohn's talking about MO.  And I have literally seen Tizio say a patch was bug free when it was a bug disaster.  And many people would be duped into buying the game instead of the game just having dupes.

So this interweb crusading is the new cool thing to do, hanging around on the same game forum for months saying the same thing over and over?

Not for me, if i don't like a game i say my piece and move on, I don't make it a fulltime job like some do, kinda waste of time which one could invest in sunshine,friends other new MMOs ect.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Posting alternative sources and the other side of a debate is constructive discussion. Calling out other posters and harassing or baiting them is not. Please stick to the former. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• kallearseskallearses Member Posts: 44

{mod edit}.

So this interweb crusading is the new cool thing to do, hanging around on the same game forum for months saying the same thing over and over?

Not for me, if i don't like a game i say my piece and move on, I don't make it a fulltime job like some do, kinda waste of time which one could invest in sunshine,friends other new MMOs ect.

lol, someone hit the head of a nail? 

at the same time we have to much twins around here dont we?