Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardcore PvP

lac1994lac1994 Member Posts: 25

Does anyone know what the best PvP MMO is? I mean like #*%^ing ruthless PvP. Like PvE is for $#&sies, we all know that. Like so hardcore that if anyone mentions Runescape everyone begins laughing so hard their noses start bleeding. 

IDGAF if its F2P or P2P, [mod edit]

Good luck,

Master of Masters.

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Probably lol (league of legend)

?
  • lac1994lac1994 Member Posts: 25

Woah bro, It sounds like you got abused by your uncle.

• MoriteMorite Member UncommonPosts: 36

Best PvP MMO?

That would be Darkfall Online, the harshest world, FPS Mechanics, Full Loot.

No Safe Zones in the whole game, everyone can kill everybody. There is no game that compares to the adrenaline rush that Darkfall can produce.

There is a deal for it currently.

Do the free trial and buy it here:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DFOEU/darkfall-online

You get 6 weeks of playing for 12 € including the game.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Mortal Online has a pretty heavy focus on free-for-all PvP, also with full loot.

It has a free trial.

http://www.mortalonline.com/

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I would say Darkfall, but I feel obligated to add another. Darkfall has good mechanics (combo of first person and third person combat) you can actually dodge attacks etc. etc. Problem is the population is too low and there is no effective skill cap. So you can have 1 person that can take out 5 or 10. If the population were higher, this might not be as big a drawback. I think a lot of people don't like the full loot. I dont give a crap, i find that makes it more fun. And really once you've played a while you've got so much in the bank it is not as harsh as it sounds.

So another I'd recommend is Warhammer. There is no real death penalty, almost more like an FPS non-mmo so that is not hardcore.* BUT there you can actually PvP all the time, population is a lot higher. I don't think I've ever gone more than 5 minutes without fighting someone in Warhammer. Compared to Darkfall where I can wander around for days and not see anyone if there are no clan wars going on.

*But you do get sent across the map sometimes and out of a time sensitive fight. (as compared to darkfall where I might get killed and sent a short way away and take 10 seconds to requip - depending on where the fight is).

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124

Darkfall SUCKED!!! why would you even recommend that peica crap to someone?

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Darkfall, hands down the best pvp mmo out there.

• CzelawCzelaw Member UncommonPosts: 173

Is the OP for real? sounds like a poor lil kid to me for shure. Take your training pants off and play Darkfall.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Psychologically.....that is the strangest post I have ever seen.  I'm really not certain that this person should be playing games that contain killing of ANY sort, much less PvP, however....

I have to agree with the folks who said Darkfall.  It was more than I could take. I only stayed a week.  So...either I'm a real wuss (QUITE probable) or it's a great PvP game, or....BOTH.  The people saying it's shit have probably not played it in a long time. I didn't play for a long time, but I did play pretty recently.

Now....go....play.....responsibly.  Do not immerse yourself to the point that you really think you're a hero and that blood and guts are your ticket to fame, mmkay?

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• DarrgenDarrgen Member UncommonPosts: 65

There are no real good pvp mmos atm, darkfall is absolute trash. In fact I'd say the best one sadly is WoW. I'm sure people will be in an uproar because I said that but I've played Most all the recent games at a high level and wow is the only one that is developed enough. Arena is the only sort of competition I get for pvp of all mmos.  And this is coming from an old school Dark age of camelot player(population died, and game was basically abandoned by developers) who would love to see dark age of camelot modernized with better controls etc. I had multiple rank 11s and I also played warhammer where I tried my hardest to get 6v6 and 6vzerg to catch on but the community was terrible and 6v6 was far too one sided where my group basically could not lose because of our setup and understanding compared to the rest.  I'm not stuck with WoW arena to satisfy my pvp competitiveness because quite frankly it's the only game that has high enough level players to be a challenge.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

To a Brutal Unforgiven to a douchebag "for the lolz" pvp.

1) Tibia

2) EVE

3)Entropia Universe

4)Darkfall

5) Lineage2

6) AOC (deathwish server)

Unless your a W#$$ who only play for gfx :p

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Originally posted by Darrgen

There are no real good pvp mmos atm, darkfall is absolute trash. In fact I'd say the best one sadly is WoW. I'm sure people will be in an uproar because I said that but I've played Most all the recent games at a high level and wow is the only one that is developed enough. Arena is the only sort of competition I get for pvp of all mmos.  And this is coming from an old school Dark age of camelot player(population died, and game was basically abandoned by developers) who would love to see dark age of camelot modernized with better controls etc. I had multiple rank 11s and I also played warhammer where I tried my hardest to get 6v6 and 6vzerg to catch on but the community was terrible and 6v6 was far too one sided where my group basically could not lose because of our setup and understanding compared to the rest.  I'm not stuck with WoW arena to satisfy my pvp competitiveness because quite frankly it's the only game that has high enough level players to be a challenge.

I would have to agree. I have been pvping in wow quite a bit recently, because I can't find another MMO that has pvp that is actually refined. As much as people complain about pvp balancing in a "pve" game, I always played wow as a pvp game. So I can't complain.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Originally posted by Darrgen

LOL WoW, you really have no clue if you say WoW is in any way a PVP game.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

I'm pretty sure that OP is parodying the "OMG NO GAMEZ R HARDCORE ANYMOAR" mentality some of the users on this forum have. At least that's what I think from looking over his posting history...

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• BLrobertsUKBLrobertsUK Member Posts: 8

Hello OP, 

Like others have said, I would suggest Darkfall. The population is a large problem at the moment along with finding a spot to place a house. But other than that, the game is fun fun fun. You can steal other peoples mounts, kill bots (I know everybdoy has always wanted to do that) and other fun things. But again the population is terrible and that coupled with the price is a little silly. If the game was free to play then maybe, yes.

Other than Darkfall I wouldn't suggest anything else. The other games you may consider are either outdated or very old. Or games like Mortal On-line that are in Alpha at best (I know it's released, but it shouldn't be lol)

As for WoW being a PvP game. No, no it's not. Maybe many years ago when you could do open world PvP, or had to fear for gatting ganked while questing. But now it's portal here and portal there and fly here and fly there.  And the Battlegrounds have grown stale. Now if WoW added say 1-2 more battlegrounds per level range, then I would play that again.

Hello sheepies, I'm this HOST of this post! ARRGHH! Well... I've actually played Darkfall and I liked it very much. The only reason why people dont play it is because of the population; it is just garbage, you try and find people and all you come by is.... NOTHING!  I enjoyed the kill that I got killing my own faction making me evil, in other words, I could never enter my city again, legit.

Keep this bull%*$& going,

Master of Masters.

BTW, whoever recommended Tibia, you have a brainal disfunction. Simple as that!

Other than that, you guys kept saying "OMFG DARKFALL BESTEST GEMZ EVARS" - better luck next post,

Master of Masters.

• SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128

Let's keep it civil please.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by lac1994

Hello sheepies, I'm this HOST of this post! ARRGHH! Well... I've actually played Darkfall and I liked it very much. The only reason why people dont play it is because of the population; it is just garbage, you try and find people and all you come by is.... NOTHING!  I enjoyed the kill that I got killing my own faction making me evil, in other words, I could never enter my city again, legit.

Master of Masters.

i have this image of you in my head, and it's hilarious. but yeah. dfo. that's about it really. or eve.

Originally posted by atticusbc

Master of Masters.

i have this image of you in my head, and it's hilarious. but yeah. dfo. that's about it really. or eve.

Bro, I'm like the best forum poster, ever. Like I posted on facepunch at like 5:00 AM, when I was staying up late during summer, and everyone on the entire forum started flipping the hell out. In less than an hour I had hundreds of likes and everyone was posting telling me that I should be mod. Next thing that happends is that I got banned, I get banned on pretty much every forum I enter. I'm trying hard not to get banned on this forum so that is why I blanked out my words, etc. I have this like aura when it hits like 4-5 AM I start tripping out and my eyes go in the back of my head and whatever I write becomes gold, ya dig?

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148

He didnt say "Best" pvp he said most hardcore. WAR and WOW are not and will not be hardcore, ever. Best is an opinion anyway. Hardcore is fact. Darkfall, Mortal Online, and Age of Conan(somewhat) are hardcore and unforgiving. I would agree that Entropia and EVE HAVE hardcore pvp but it isnt centered around it. Ive played all of these games, Darkfall was my favorite. They all have free trials, pick one and go for it. 

On a side note: APB has been pretty damn fun lately. Its basically Cops&Robbers online but fun nonetheless.

Originally posted by atticusbc

Master of Masters.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, I also play EVE, 46M SP.

Originally posted by gkb3469

He didnt say "Best" pvp he said most hardcore. WAR and WOW are not and will not be hardcore, ever. Best is an opinion anyway. Hardcore is fact. Darkfall, Mortal Online, and Age of Conan(somewhat) are hardcore and unforgiving. I would agree that Entropia and EVE HAVE hardcore pvp but it isnt centered around it. Ive played all of these games, Darkfall was my favorite. They all have free trials, pick one and go for it. 

On a side note: APB has been pretty damn fun lately. Its basically Cops&Robbers online but fun nonetheless.

Yeah bro, I'll try out the only game that I haven't played that you've mentioned, Mortal Online. I hope the population is fine and the servers are not laggy. I've played APB since the start of closed beta, the driving sucks male genital, and it will always stay that way.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

The best recommendation for you is Counterstrike. 

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

Runescape.