Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cure me of WoW sickness! Lf sandbox-ish.

2»

Comments

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

When you try a new mmorpg you must aproach it forgetting all you know about previous mmorpgs, is teh best way to enjoy every of them.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

dude if your likeing sandbox type pvp where you build or help build you own castles / towns with shops and such wait..just wait for ArchAge ..looks very promising 

the phone thingy is an app for your phone..you can sell things / keep up with stuff while away from the game..just tell your maid to do / keep trac of shops or up keep when you cant find time to play...but its still unclear if it can alert you if someone breahes the castle walls or if guards find someone in you town / castle that isnt sopose to be there...for the 1st time in a long time in excited and eager to play

• AetherwalkerAetherwalker Member Posts: 38

If you don't mind compromising on graphics, give Wurm Online a try.

"Take my love, take my land,
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free,
    You can't take the sky from me.
    Take me out to the black,
    Tell them I ain't comin' back.
    Burn the land and boil the sea,
    You can't take the sky from me.
    There's no place I can be,
    Since I found Serenity.
    But you can't take the sky from me... "

• Kon85Kon85 Member Posts: 88

I don't care much about graphics no, I do care about style and animations though. Never heard of Wurm! Let me look into that! Thanks:)

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I'm in this same boat.  WoW has grown overly tiresome for me.  While I like the core ideas behind WoW's gamplay, more or less every "WoW-clone" I've ever tried has proven to be inferior to WoW in one way or the other, so I tire of dealing with their issues and simply move back to WoW.  I tell myself that maybe the ticket is to find a game that's completely different from WoW or a sandbox if you will, yet the only sandbox that ever grabbed my attention (pre-NGE SWG) has been gone for years now.  As a casual player, I've always seen EVE as needlessly complex and far too time consuming and games like Mortal Online and Darkfall are really nothing more than online FPS games with character progression.  Wurm and Xyson both place too much emphasis on terraforming and building thus causing me not to regard them in a very positive light either.  We best not even get into Earthrise.

Really the closest thing to my dream of a sandbox that's a good blent of complexity balanced with simplicity would still be Ultima Online, which coincidently is more or less what pre-NGE SWG was modeled after.  In the end, I guess you could give UO a shot.  If nothing else, it'll help you realize whether or not you're a closet graphics whore.

• 2can2can Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Aetherwalker

If you don't mind compromising on graphics, give Wurm Online a try.

wurm is amazing if you come into it with the right attitude and a friend or two

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

IMO Age of Conan is the best MMO out. I been in AoC on and off since launch, and it is in it's best state now. All other MMOs feel like kids games to me.

The new fresh start hardcore PVP server has been a riot. 1 character max per account on that server. Make your mark or go down in shame!

I am a fan of Conan lore and always been happy that the stories in AoC follow nicely to the lore.

Combat is by far more fun for me then other MMOs I have played (many others tried).

It's not perfect, but it is going in the right direction

Yeah, I thought about playing Ultima Online(no, dont care about graphics; actually, it looks nice-style wise). But UO fans say i shouldnt bother since the game has changed so much(bad way).

Wurm I checked out, stuff I've seen and read seems nice indeed...might try this one if I don't get more tips.

AoC I played at launch and at the end of last year, I liked the combat and style of the game, but I couldnt get passed the day/night cycle stuff and basically I found the starting area dull and taking ages:( Maybe I'm just a bad AoC player, who knows:) Can you give some more info on that new pvp realm? Is that like the old UO servers were? Full PVP loot etc? I like that.

Edit: Thanks all, I look into all the games you recommend me. Much appreciated!

• chikinhokchikinhok Member Posts: 3

i love the idea of minecraft too, and i also like multiplayer.  I strongly suggest looking into the minecraft multiplayer mod community.  there are hundreds of servers with hundreds of different rule sets.  You'll probably find one you really like.

• ShubawksShubawks Member UncommonPosts: 6

Look up Prime Online. You might be entertained.

• HoneyBluntsHoneyBlunts Member Posts: 14

You could try a UO emulated server if you want to play UO before all of the lame AoS stuff came out. Check out the In Por Ylem 2 server, it just came out earlier this year and has a pretty decent amount of people playing. It's free and worth a shot. Heres the website  http://www.inporylem.com.

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

try Xsyon its just like minecraft and it is 100% player driven-crafting..their is 0 quests-0 missions just a open world u can change. u can craft-build-terraform-pvp if thats ur thing (though pops a bit low atm). 4 seasons and if u kill all 5k animals ingame then their is none left..u can run resources out (after a month tree regrow). But sounds like Xsyon will be up ur ally.

Tried Xyson already, loved the concept and the things promised, but it was just that. Promised. Its not ingame:S So basically it feels pretty un-finised now. I might LOVE Xyson in a year when things are implemented.

I love Minecraft, but it only fills my "mmo" need for an hour tops...It needs more UMPF for it to replace WoW.

Damn...I wish Archage would come out, that is exactly what I am looking for!