Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Me and 2 roommates looking for fun rpg

RimRocka09RimRocka09 Member Posts: 1

I have been looking online for countless hours trying to find a new rpg that me and my 2 roomies can play. Just looking for something fun to progress throughout the game with a small group.  Open to anything good. Ideas? Please!

Comments

• darlok6666darlok6666 Member Posts: 211

Might list preference and intrests though, like pvp, pve, crafting, fantasy vs sci-fi or modern, themepark MMO ect ect.

SWTOR is coming out at the end of the year so you might wait for that, Lord of the Rings Online is free with limited content that you can earn points to purchase more of and with 3 of you ya'll can do small fellowships (3 size party) or DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) which has the same free to play system.  But if your D&D fans then NWN/NWN2 PWs might be more to your liking if you gety into roleplaying.

With SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ArcheAge coming out soon I'd just find a F2P game for a bit to tide ya'll over.

Age of Conan went F2P a while back I heard, decent nough game.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Vanguard

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Yes Vanguard, I think it's one of the best mmo's out. It's made for two or more players you really have to work togeather even in open world.

• DrafellDrafell Member Posts: 588

Go the the GameList, pick a random game and try it out for a few hours or days.

You will have some awesomely bad experiences, and you will also have some amazingly fun times. The key part is being able to enjoy the games together - it doesn't really matter what you play.

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Tbh, the only relatively unknown quality mmo I've played in a long time is WW2 Online: Battleground Europe.

It is stable and non-buggy, the customer support is reliable, the GMs play the game but only as normal soldiers and they're friendly people (never seen anyone getting banned, friendly community anyway), and the gameplay is a blast if you're into strategic war games. I'm suggesting you this because with 2 roommates, it's probably even more awesome.

700mb download with a free trial. (Cause I'm cheap atm, I just played 3 trials in a row. Hence I'm writing this posting to make up for that. ;D)

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by RimRocka09

I have been looking online for countless hours trying to find a new rpg that me and my 2 roomies can play. Just looking for something fun to progress throughout the game with a small group.  Open to anything good. Ideas? Please!

Everquest 2 is perfect for small grouping by choice. Vanguard is perfect for small grouping due to lack of population. Depends if you want more of an EQ1 (less handrails) or EQ2 (more handrails) experience. I think small grouping is more possible in EQ2 though. 

• Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

Well just about any MMO can be fun as a group, you didn't exactly make any specific requests so it's hard to recommend one though. IMO the best ones to group in are Vanguard: SOH, Dragon Nest, DDO, Haven & Hearth, and WoW>.>

But, if it doesn't have to be an MMO, you could always go with Baldur's Gate 1&2, NWN 1&2, Terraria, or any number of Diablo clones.

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.