Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple has MORE cash than the US government !!

CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/07/29/apple.cash.government/index.html?&hpt=hp_c2

I thought this was a joke at first, nope!

"According to the latest statement from the U.S. Treasury, the government had an operating cash balance Wednesday of $73.8 billion. That's still a lot of money, but it's less than what Steve Jobs has lying around. Tech juggernaut Apple had a whopping $76.2 billion in cash and marketable securities at the end of June, according to its last earnings report. "

HAHAHAHA, insane.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

So Apple is a mediocre steward of it's investor's assets as well as telling it's customers they don't know how to hold a phone.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

Can't have that, Goverment should confiscate... err tax it and spread it around...

• VenekorVenekor Member Posts: 62

Originally posted by grunty

So Apple is a mediocre steward of it's investor's assets as well as telling it's customers they don't know how to hold a phone.

That was one guy who put up a video about it dropping signal and then everyone decided on the internet that they held the phone that way. Like every phone drops signal if you hold it in a certain way, my iPhone 4 has never had a problem with it and nore has all the other people I know who have them.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Venekor

Originally posted by grunty

That was one guy who put up a video about it dropping signal and then everyone decided on the internet that they held the phone that way. Like every phone drops signal if you hold it in a certain way, my iPhone 4 has never had a problem with it and nore has all the other people I know who have them.

Apple told everyone they were holding their phones wrong until Consumer Reports investigated and found the lost signal was easily repeatable and removed their Recommended Buy listing for the phone. They also suggested that owners put Duct Tape on the phone to prevent the signal loss. I think that last bit is what made Apple give all iPHone 4 owners a piece of plastic that prevented the problem. Stevo didn't want to see thousands of iPhones wrapped in Duct Tape.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams