Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vindictus: EU Site Appears

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

European fans of Nexon's Vindictus will be happy to learn that a teaser site specific to the region has debuted. Vindictus is scheduled to be released in Europe later this fall. To celebrate the new site, the dev team has released a new trailer.

Today NEXON Europe launches a brand new teaser website for the much anticipated free-to-play Action MMORPG Vindictus Europe, which will be released in Europe this autumn. Besides letting you in on the game’s dark and haunting story and the varied set of heroes, the website introduces a gameplay trailer that gives you a deeper insight on the upcoming online sensation. Furthermore you’re invited to join the Facebook fan page and sign up for the Vindictus Europe newsletter to receive free real-time up-to-date notifications regarding the game’s updates. This way, you will never miss any exclusive insights to this year’s MMORPG hit.

Check out the new Vindictus EU site.

Thanks to Piasek for the tip.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Does Nexon really think that Europeans can't read American English or that European gaming sites don't report news on American released MMOs?

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by bobfish

Does Nexon really think that Europeans can't read American English or that European gaming sites don't report news on American released MMOs?

It would certainly seem that way. What's even better is when companies like Nexon announce that a European version is available... and then it's only available in German and/or French.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• GamerlamerGamerlamer Member Posts: 7

About time it is released in the EU. Be interested to finally get a chance to play it.

• morbitangelmorbitangel Member UncommonPosts: 70

to little to late but thats just my opinion.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Originally posted by morbitangel

too little too late but thats just my opinion.

Exactly.

• GamerlamerGamerlamer Member Posts: 7

to little to late but thats just my opinion.

True. There are other games that will be released later this year that should also grab my attention. I'm not sure Vindictus will now. If it was released over here when the American one was I might have got 'hooked', but I don't think so now.

Guess we will see.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

They really know how to make friends, eh?

/sarcasm off

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

Well...game can't be translated in "one month" . They have added German translatios and like they said before ( at least one additional language ) so it can be more then one.

So english / german/ maybe french.

As i am from Europe im glad to see it here. A bit to late...but still.

• surstromingsurstroming Member UncommonPosts: 151

yup were starting with only 2 characters ofc, just like open beta in the US, god help us if they still have the fatigue/token system

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by daemon

too little too late but thats just my opinion.

Exactly.

Good to see that there's sort of hive-mind amongst gamers. Came here expecting to write exacgt same thing.

-------------------------------

Vindictus Launches.

EU is IP blocked

EU rages

NEXON: *trollface*

Years pass

-------------------

Rusty Hearts Launches

Eu is IP blocked.

EU rages

PWE: *trollface*

PWE removes IP block in half a hour after the rage.

Everyone is happy.

----------------------------------

Learn from PWE, failxon.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

With the amount of time this has taken, and the way other Nexon products in the EU are managed (always miles behind the US equivalents in terms of updates), I wont be showing any support to this.

• gobikgobik Member Posts: 19

PWE banned  poorer part of Europe, they IP block them after closed beta.

• RhypoRhypo Member UncommonPosts: 23

How can they expect to get a good number of players when they release the game a year after? Most people have already moved on or are playing through VPN's on the US version.

Most people will be like this: log in, play for 1-2 days say "yeah it's nice, but (insert new amazing mmo here) is about to launch/launched", quit.

• robprinsrobprins Member UncommonPosts: 16

let them block out just the germans and french then next time so that the rest of europe can enjoy the game in english since they wont moan about it not being in their language.

• ThorHalThorHal Member Posts: 89

Originally posted by robprins

let them block out just the germans and french then next time so that the rest of europe can enjoy the game in english since they wont moan about it not being in their language.

While I agree on the french part, germans learn english in schools starting at the age of 10. I don't understand the concept of larger game companies to localize their games in german. The majority of the german gamers are very fluent in english.

What I think Nexon does is this:

1. License *enter game* only for certain parts of the world, those that usually pay the most.

2. wait a few years

3. License *game from above* for the second best paying part in the world.

4. Giggle about saving money from buying the second license because the game is getting old.

5. ????

6. Profit.

Developers are still gamers at heart, nothing has changed here, its those greedy, maximum profit publishers that are invading our so loved "world". Not to actually creativly entertain us, no, just to make another dime out of us.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Like many other people have stated, there are going to be new MMO's being released soon. Yeah i was willing to spend my money in the cash shop but that was near enough a year ago now.. Such a shame really but i'm never touching Nexon EU ever again.

And if they do go though with that Facebook vote, well kiss the game goodbye. XE mode is laughable that i could play the game with my tongue.. image

• tsukasa950tsukasa950 Member Posts: 3

lol once there was such a thing as world wide web xD now its more like play in ur own country wonder how long till it will turn back to solo games -_- its like we dont have any friends from across the pond we might like to play with and nexon gave up on them years ago

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Was looking forward to try this game, but since reading that at first it was US /Canada only I have moved on and found other games.

To little to late. I wont be playing this one now.

• andreika111andreika111 Member UncommonPosts: 88

assholes, releasing the game a year after its released

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Too little too late, europeans are boooooored of the slow nexon europe.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

So all I've heard is the outcry about needing a European version.  Well, it's coming...and now nothing but more complaints?  

• TerminatusTerminatus Member Posts: 104

"..the upcoming online sensation..."

Sorry, but 1+ year after release is not an "upcomming sensation"... it's more like "gradual frustration".

Sorry MMOtoGo, but Nexon has treated us like a stray dog for too long, and after some time of kicking, the dog won't be any happy or eager to get back to it...

I have an exclusive trailer for them...

*In the gloom of poor lighting a hand is seen slowly but surelly going closer and closer to a red flashy button labeled "IP Ban on Nexon", a drumroll is heard and the image fades to black*

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

So all I've heard is the outcry about needing a European version.  Well, it's coming...and now nothing but more complaints?  

It has been about a year since we have heard anything from Nexon EU, the only way we got info was from Facebook (which i don't use)  stopped being updated in August '10. All we got was a "Coming soon" web page.

For me personally as i cannot speak for everyone, is not the fact it's been so long, it's the lack of communication. If they took the time to at least give one update per 2 months, i wouldn't of minded. But like i said before i'm glad that EU "will" get a chance to play but for me.. There are new MMO's which i'm more interested in now.

• D1neXD1neX Member Posts: 7

nexon always was a fail company , and will stay a fail company ... now they make a big news for EU Vindictus ... now when already better games are waiting to come out ... most of EU players plays already Vindictus via Proxy ... such a fail ... who cares about the IP Blocks ... when i wanna play a game from US i just use a Proxy and play it ... so w/e enjoy this

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

I think the player outrage that happened when Vindictus launched in NA delayed the whole thing. Lots of things had to change and has changed compared to the Korean version to adapt to the NA market (mainly the cash shop) and Nexon are still experimenting although I think they finally found the right formula. I think that's why they delayed the whole thing for EU (Since EU is dealing with NA, it's dependant of Nexon America). Chances are EU will be catching up with the NA version in terms of content within the first 4-6 months too like they did with Mabinogi.

Still doesn't excuse the lack of communication from Nexon EU, and this is only speculation, but I don't think I'm wrong. Vindictus EU *was* supposed to launch last year afterall. The announcement of the EU Launch seems to coincide with the last update to Vindictus, the new addition to the cash shop which is a "Gem" system that increases XP/Drop/AP to replace the Token System (dungeon "weekly" limit) that was removed in June. I could be wrong however, but I guess we'll see when it launches in EU.