Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS3 Platform

DawgdocDawgdoc Member UncommonPosts: 41

How is the population of this game on the PS3 platform?

Any difference between the PvP and non PvP servers for PS3?

How is the content? Any different PS3 vs PC?

Im in between games and thinking about trying this out. Would you recommend it, or recommend to stay away?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

i'd like to know all those  things also.

But i guess the PS3 community dont have the habbit to visit this kind of forums....

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Last time i played this game the population on ps3 was decent the server's was't on low but i don't know about now and there was a good bit of poeple around in every area and ti was very active

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

As of E3 (last week), SOE said the populations were "too close to say".

Massively: Which platform -- PC or PS3 -- houses the majority of DCUO's players?

Mark Anderson: It's generally too close to say. Traditionally, we lean a little on the side of the PS3, but the difference is pretty marginal.

(link)

However, PS3 players seem to be the happier of the 2 groups, so perhaps Mark Anderson was speaking in terms of subs or boxes sold, not customers retained?!

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

If i buy a game disc from UK will i  be able to play in the US server also ?

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193

all the server pop is low everyday, after update 3 it hard freezes a ton no one chat much cause the chat box is like this big

[________________________]   with super small font.

beside that it jus like the pc, if and a big IF they ever get around to fixin the above and the other bugs tho it would be a ok game. image

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Well if PS3 and PC population are close, than god forbid DCUO is failing a lot, I just started my 45 days free time from the SOE hack incident thing, and created characters on the ZERO hour server, played for 2 days, and have only seen 4 people in total......

I'm not sure if there are channels or whatever that separtes the different level ranges, but the population is practically dead...

Also as far as I know, there are no difference in content between PS3 and PC, but I could be wrong.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

I play on the PS3 and most of the players don't visit forums of any type they just play.  Populations vary per server so it is hard to gauge how full a server is.  Most get on get in a group and do their daily routine without the interaction of other players such as shouting in the Watchtower or Hall of Doom.

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• xsidurax22xsidurax22 Member Posts: 21

I play on The Killing Joke on PS3 and it's quite active.  The thing is, when you roll a new character, you play in new character areas with weak mobs.  That was fine when the game was new, but now, most players are working on grinding for high-end equipment in raids and hard alerts, which are instanced.  So at any given time, most active players appear to be absent from the game.

My advice is play on TKJ (the most popular PVP server).  You might not run into many players at first in noob areas of the world.  Once you get into higher end content (which only takes a week or so) you will be able to interact with the main population of the game.  Having said that, there are certain non-instanced "hot-spots" where PVPers tend to play / prey on enemies.  So you can still find action.

It's too bad that a new player's first impression is that the server is dead, when in reality, it is quite active in instances and more advanced areas.  It would be great if there was more open world content to keep players in the non-instanced world, but development tends to lean towards adding more instanced raids and alerts.

If you're trying to decide to go PS3 or PC, I would advise going PS3.  The controls work better and it seems to be more popular on the PS3.  The only downsides of the PS3 version are slower loading and brutally slow updates every other month or so.