Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for spaceship game without the PVP

taxguytaxguy Member Posts: 60

I am looking for  a spaceship game similar to EVE or Jumpgate with mining, unlimited ship improvements, trading etc. without having to resort to PVP, which is why I don't like EVE. Any other choices out there?

Comments

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

Escape Velocity Nova?

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

That is pretty easy.... X3 Terran Conflict. Has about all you are looking for but is totally single player. I thought it very very "EVE-like". The Gold Edition is currenlty on Steam.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

Go play a single player game?  Sorry but I can't think of any and personally I love PvP so we don't see eye-to-eye on this matter.

Full Sail University - Game Design

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by Gruug

That is pretty easy.... X3 Terran Conflict. Has about all you are looking for but is totally single player. I thought it very very "EVE-like". The Gold Edition is currenlty on Steam.

On steam, I recommend to OP to pick up the X Superbox for 40 bucks. It includes all the games in the series. 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Star Trek Online maybe?

You can also find Freelancer on ebay cheap.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Don't think there's one of those on the market at the moment, yet.

You could try Star Treck Online (if you dare) or wait a bit for SW TOR and see if their space combat is good enough for you, but, tbh, I think that your best bet is just playing EvE in highsec only. Even though there are some griefers and whatnot even in highsec, pvp is quite easily avoidable if you are playing safe and smart. 

I never felt any pressure in EvE in high sec while doing missions or just traveling(unless in a war), nor was I ever killed for any reason in high sec, not even while hauling (not counting alliance wars here, of course...)

There are lots of peaceful friendly corps in EvE that will gladly take carebears with experience (and without) for some happy-time-highsec fun.

One thing though, don't forget to buy a monocle if you do stay in EvE!

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• taxguytaxguy Member Posts: 60

Actually, I was looking for an MMO and not a stand alone game. I don't mind grouping.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if you run with the high-sec crowd in eve, you won't get your hands into pvp.  when i was in hi-sec i never got pirated or griefed in any fashion, if you REALLY dont want to pvp you can remain in an NPC corporation which cannot even get war-decced.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• taxguytaxguy Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by itchmon

if you run with the high-sec crowd in eve, you won't get your hands into pvp.  when i was in hi-sec i never got pirated or griefed in any fashion, if you REALLY dont want to pvp you can remain in an NPC corporation which cannot even get war-decced.

If I follow your advice, can I still take advantage of all the content of eve such as getting top ships, owning corp etc. by staying in high sec sectors?

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    If by top ships you mean carriers, motherships, dreadnaughts n stuff then no.

but then again why would you even want those >_< your ship cant dock in stations, you cant go to high sec, and you nee people to move around. Oh and iirc your ship stays online even if you log off.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**