Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rune Keeper

I love the game but the class aint the same. I am a mage kinda guy but the attack power for Lore Master sucks and there arent any mage classes open for free by the looks of it. So my question is is there a free way to get it or if i pay the fee to be premium will it be unlocked?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Look for a copy of Mines of Moria, you'll get the new classes + a months sub.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

You can only get it in the LOTRO store. Even if you go VIP you'll have to pay in order to get it. However, you CAN get it for free if you grind up enough turbine points by doing deeds, I think.

Also, lore-master is not really a mage.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• kylekbbkylekbb Member Posts: 165

Closest thing without paying and know where i can get a copy?

• AkiyeAkiye Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by kylekbb

I love the game but the class aint the same. I am a mage kinda guy but the attack power for Lore Master sucks and there arent any mage classes open for free by the looks of it. So my question is is there a free way to get it or if i pay the fee to be premium will it be unlocked?

Roll a champion or hunter and do deeds up to around 30 rinse repeat really easy and fast TP's boring mind you but it you want it for free with little work thats the only way i know off. Other than that find Moria xpac for cheap or just buy it from the lotro store. Rune Keeper is worth it it is my favorite class for dps. I think it is only around 7-800 tps for just the class but you are going to need Moria anyways once you get higher so might as well go the Moria xpac route where you get RK Warden quest ups your skrimish soldier levels skrimishs i think a thing or two more.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Well, rune-keeper is the only real magic-using class in LOTRO right now. So there is no "closest thing". It would be awesome to be a wizard like Gandalf, but wizards in Middle-Earth were very rare if I'm not mistaken.

Get a copy of what? Mines of Moria expansion? It's in the store (the button in the lower right corner).

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Yeah it is funny. . when they came out with the version that had the regular game and MoM. . the MoM expansions could be found in stores for $10 or less (would give quests, Warden and Runekeeper).  Now they are on ebay for $35 :)  You might be able to find one in a discount bin or something.  For the $7 I would just buy it though.  The warden class is on sale this Friday I think. . so you could always watch for a sale.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• kylekbbkylekbb Member Posts: 165

Well if you get the xpac you can get all your classes unlocked ,bags and a VIP service or somthing like that. So for 3 more bucks i rather just try and buy that you get more for your dollar. (added) I forgot to ask anyone know where i can find it? If possible id like to buy it some where in rl. I have bad luck trying to do it with credit cards lol.

Also i know a way to make it way faster than what was said ealier but quite frankly its a bit more challngeing in a way.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by Kaerigan

Well, rune-keeper is the only real magic-using class in LOTRO right now. So there is no "closest thing". It would be awesome to be a wizard like Gandalf, but wizards in Middle-Earth were very rare if I'm not mistaken.

Get a copy of what? Mines of Moria expansion? It's in the store (the button in the lower right corner).

You are not mistaken, in "The Lord of the Rings" there are only 5 Istari. They were sent by the Valar to help the people of middle earth. They are actually Maiar which are like Valar but not as powerful.

Three are mentioned in "the lord of the rings" and the other two are mentioned in his shorter stories.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo