Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE on the iPhone?

AwelbournAwelbourn Member Posts: 13

I have been playing the Traveller-AR beta, but I would still like to be able to hook up to EVE from my iPhone.  I heard there were 'plans'  in the works, but I have never heard anything more than that on the subject.

Comments

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Right now I can use an app on my iPad to remote into my desktop and  play my PC games. Thats as close as I can get. 

• AwelbournAwelbourn Member Posts: 13

Whats the name of that app, sounds pretty sweet!

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

"Plans" *cough*. :P

The closest you get is remote desktop. Don't expect the best framerate, though - depending on your connection.

I used remote desktop to update my market orders etc. when not connected to wireless. But even when connected, it's not the best.

Edit: Just search your respective markets for remote desktop or VNC to find the apps.

Edit #2: See this too

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:

Will have to check them out, thanks for the help!

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I just play Outer Empires on my iPhone, its a 2D space sandbox MMO in a single shard universe with player run economy, full PvP with death penalty and associated territorial and political squabbles. Its been around for a couple of years and is $4 a month

I tried out Outer Empires, and if you enjoyed that then Traveller-AR (link) will be a great step up from that, I am kind of addicted to the EVE Experience right now though, which is why I am wanting to find a way to play it on the move as well as at home. 

EVE is on a much vaster scale in terms of progression and building an empire at the moment, but Traveller has even more star systems. 

• CasualGamerCasualGamer Member Posts: 55

For those with Android devices they might want to check out: Vendetta Online: http://www.vendetta-online.com/

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

The amount of tear for ships lost under something like that would be olympic.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Originally posted by Awelbourn

Whats the name of that app, sounds pretty sweet!

Sorry for the delay I have been working in my guilds website for TOR and they  just let me out, and I am their guild leader LOL. It is called Splashtop.

I wish the Eve Online board game or the Eve Online card game would make it tot he iPad. Or maybe even see Sec Wars on the ipad thats suppossed to be a mini game in the cantinas.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

I'll recommend Outer Empires as well... simple but cool concept and can be played on the mobile iOS. And oc plan to get going in EvE by the Fall. I looked at traveller but the AR does not appeal to me. I also checked out Vendetta Online and I'd say it's a good game though the 1st person perspective of the ship is not my fav (if I am not confusing it with another game). These sandbox sci-fi mmos are a breath of fresh air from fantasy themepark I've previously enjoyed.