Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lf Spaceship game.

NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

Super bored with all my current mmo games, so I was wondering if anyone knew any good non Eve/rts games out there.

It doesn't have to be a mmo. Just as long as it fits some of following.

- ability to refit ships

- leveling system

-challenging

-good amount of content

- "ok" graphics (something that looks like it was made after 2004)

- Different classes of ships (cruiser, capital, scout, fighter, bomber so on)

--------------

Thanks for the help

Oh if any1 has played SPAZ, then please tell me how you would rate it.

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

pirate galaxy is a cool game!

eve

• NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

I really want to try the healer role in this game. I'm worried about the controls and how the ships look.

• imahayheadimahayhead Member UncommonPosts: 33

Why do you not want to play Eve? Everything you want and more is in Eve and you will not find more content than that in any other space game or pretty much in all of the MMORPG games.

• NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by imahayhead

Why do you not want to play Eve? Everything you want and more is in Eve and you will not find more content than that in any other space game or pretty much in all of the MMORPG games.

I really can't really put it in words..., but I feel like I have to look and search for the fun factor in EvE. You can't just jump into something like a battleground and just get into the action. It might be just too many little things that turn me off. Like the skill system and the time it takes to get to the position you need to be to play the ship you want. For instance, I love healing, but I dislike four logistics ships. I think carriers can support and heal too, but won't it take me 9 months to get that far?

The high risk factor sorta drives me away from pvp. My goal in any mmo is to build up my character as much as I can. If there was a great pve element in this game, then I would stick to that until I was ready for pvp months later. It's been 2 years since I last played, but last time I remember the pve wasn't great.

Maybe my years of hard core raiding in the fantesy mmo's have soften me up too much >.<, but I really need a game that I can get into the role /playstyle that I want asap and build up(level) my abilties in the same role.

If I don't find anything that I like, then maybe I'll give EvE another go, but this would be like the 4th attempt to get hooked on to this game.

• rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

Black Prophecy fits the bill pretty well. It takes a long time before you even start to see different ship types but it has a lot of customization when it comes to fitting your ship your way. Every part changes a little something about the way you play your ship.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/info_en.php

This may be what you are looking for. Be ready for a crazy learning curve though. The game is massive though