Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A month of welcome backs

Over the last month I've had a month of free game play from 3 previous mmos I've played Warhammer ,World of Warcraft and Rift . Its been fun seeing what they are like now (well with RIFT it had'nt been that long ago).

Warhammer Online seams to be much the same to me now . The servers although few seam to be reasonably well populated in the evenings although its pretty impossible to get into a scr from 30-39 but fine once you hit level 40 . The community seams pretty friendly too which impressed me . A lot of times when a games less popular you seam to get a sort of comradery in the game . The /special was still bugged even after two years but quite nice for my squig herder as shifting to squig armor allows you to do it continuously then back to goblin form stops it . Quite a lot of fun short term but can't see much reason  to subscribe to it .

Rift sadly does'nt run well on my PC even on low settings . There does seam to be some drop off but not masses (well I did see it on a welcome back like all the games but people told me it was still pretty busy ) . The problem is here although I've only played it 5 weeks total and not intensive play I've advanced two character pretty far into the game and to me the game world seams to be a little small although what there is of it is packed with content  . I could see myself playing it on an irregular basis if my pc allowed me to play it more smoothly . Going down to 10 fps in the citys really isn't great .

World of Warcraft reminded me of all the reasons I used to love it but fell out of love with it . Its still very polished and theres still some fun to be had but after a while you start noticing the cracks in the roof again . I think the things I have the biggest problem with are access to the bgs from anywhere (with xp) and the cross server looking for a group tool . I did some questing and I must admit WoW still has an amazingly well designed game world but its empty . On pve servers thats fair enough but on pvp ones its a shame not to see any real kind of world pvp . Leveling through doing dungeons is absurdly fast and the community seams to be in one mad rush to get as many characters to level 85 as possible without investing any time in them . Fortunatly I was still in my old guild so it was good to chat to some old friends . But its not just the big things that have made WoW so easy its the little things as well for instance the run speed while dead is extremley fast now and you get access to all flight paths without visiting them which again robs the player of the need to explore . The game has become very raid ,arena and battlegound centric and less of game world . The community is still pretty horrible . I think those of us that played in the first two -three years saw the best of what WoW had to offer . Nice to go back for nostalgias sake though . Its a bit like getting back with ex you've not seen in years its fun untill you remember her personality disorder and why you left her in the first place . (I think we've all had one of those over the years lol)

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

Over the last month I've had a month of free game play from 3 previous mmos I've played Warhammer ,World of Warcraft and Rift . Its been fun seeing what they are like now (well with RIFT it had'nt been that long ago).

Warhammer Online seams to be much the same to me now . The servers although few seam to be reasonably well populated in the evenings although its pretty impossible to get into a scr from 30-39 but fine once you hit level 40 . The community seams pretty friendly too which impressed me . A lot of times when a games less popular you seam to get a sort of comradery in the game . The /special was still bugged even after two years but quite nice for my squig herder as shifting to squig armor allows you to do it continuously then back to goblin form stops it . Quite a lot of fun short term but can't see much reason  to subscribe to it .

Rift sadly does'nt run well on my PC even on low settings . There does seam to be some drop off but not masses (well I did see it on a welcome back like all the games but people told me it was still pretty busy ) . The problem is here although I've only played it 5 weeks total and not intensive play I've advanced two character pretty far into the game and to me the game world seams to be a little small although what there is of it is packed with content  . I could see myself playing it on an irregular basis if my pc allowed me to play it more smoothly . Going down to 10 fps in the citys really isn't great .

World of Warcraft reminded me of all the reasons I used to love it but fell out of love with it . Its still very polished and theres still some fun to be had but after a while you start noticing the cracks in the roof again . I think the things I have the biggest problem with are access to the bgs from anywhere (with xp) and the cross server looking for a group tool . I did some questing and I must admit WoW still has an amazingly well designed game world but its empty . On pve servers thats fair enough but on pvp ones its a shame not to see any real kind of world pvp . Leveling through doing dungeons is absurdly fast and the community seams to be in one mad rush to get as many characters to level 85 as possible without investing any time in them . Fortunatly I was still in my old guild so it was good to chat to some old friends . But its not just the big things that have made WoW so easy its the little things as well for instance the run speed while dead is extremley fast now and you get access to all flight paths without visiting them which again robs the player of the need to explore . The game has become very raid ,arena and battlegound centric and less of game world . The community is still pretty horrible . I think those of us that played in the first two -three years saw the best of what WoW had to offer . Nice to go back for nostalgias sake though . Its a bit like getting back with ex you've not seen in years its fun untill you remember her personality disorder and why you left her in the first place . (I think we've all had one of those over the years lol)

what is this WoW game you speak of? cant be World of Warcraft

Philosophy of MMO Game Design