Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• ProphecyMOProphecyMO Member Posts: 7

I saw this yesterday.  What pissed me off about it was the GM teleporting people to horse spawns because they couldn't find any horses.  That is %100 wrong in my book.

One of the many reason I left the game was the lack of professionalism with the player gms.  I was in the 13/Proph alliance.  And I can not even count how many times the GMs would do favors for 13.  I was a pretty notorious thief and whenever I would page a gm I would never get a reply.  I would have to have someone from my guild page a gm for me so I could get unstuck or fix whatever bug was effecting me.

Players in a full loot sandbox as GMS will never work.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by ProphecyMO

I saw this yesterday.  What pissed me off about it was the GM teleporting people to horse spawns because they couldn't find any horses.  That is %100 wrong in my book.

Kinda kills the "sandbox"..."hardcore" thing doesnt it?  

I win!!! LOL@U

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by ProphecyMO

I was a pretty notorious thief and whenever I would page a gm I would never get a reply.  I would have to have someone from my guild page a gm for me so I could get unstuck or fix whtever bug was effecting me.

I was a hardcore thief too. They banned me for nothing and removed items from my bank. :D

• SaorlanSaorlan Member Posts: 289

The game is far from perfect but....

It is a hell of a lot better than playing a wow clone.And offers far more exciting stuff.

Some GMs are not professional ? Sure, it is going to happen. Easy fixed though.

Still one amazing game compared to the shit EQ clones out there.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Saorlan
    The game is far from perfect but....It is a hell of a lot better than playing a wow clone.And offers far more exciting stuff.Some GMs are not professional ? Sure, it is going to happen. Easy fixed though. Still one amazing game compared to the shit EQ clones out there.

What's amazing is how loyal people are to such a poorly written game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ProphecyMOProphecyMO Member Posts: 7

It is a hell of a lot better than playing a wow clone.And offers far more exciting stuff.

EQ clone?

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Yea cause it does all of us good to keep subscribing to broken horrible games just because they are different :-p

But on topic.. It is kind of sad , not many games have GMS that can interact on this level.. They were probably just trying to help what community is still left and keep them happy.  

I mean, if you ask for help from a stranger, you never know what his/her idea of help is 

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

I don't see this as a logical argument at all.

It's like saying, well this meatloaf isn't that good, but it's a LOT better than a shit sandwich.

The thing with WOW is that it's a different game, meant for different players, that allows you different things. Want to know something else funny? The game actually WORKS. The code isn't written by people who have never programmed before, the patches go in pretty smoothly, and thousands of people can play online at the same time with no worries or major problems.

The saddest thing about it, that if you take the uberweapons out of WOW, the game requires infinitely more skill in PvP than MO does. That's the saddest thing about MO, that it can't even create a PvP environment that surpasses WOW in terms of competitiveness.

I suppose though, that with MO you have these other obstacles to overcome, like launching the game, rubberbanding, teleporting, disappearing, floating, and countless bugs. So in that sense, MO is a lot more challenging.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Mortal online would have more players if the wiped the servers, nixed the GMs and punished any guild or person who cheats with a pink slip.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    That way.. individual could play on fair footing.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• NixishNixish Member UncommonPosts: 185

Originally posted by Phelcher

Mortal online would have more players if the wiped the servers, nixed the GMs and punished any guild or person who cheats with a pink slip.

Its honestly far too late for that. Not a single person I know who has tried the game will ever go back, regardless of how well they fix it. The lack of profesional direction and authority with the developers/gms caused quite a bit of distrust with the company.

Not to mention, the second coming of Darkfall should be out long before any revamp of MO takes shape. I usually dont talk in extremes, but MO is completely done for.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Yeah but you alienate your loyal base and still not guarantee of adding new players. Server wipes/restarts are a last resort kinda tool and even then I wouldn't recomend it...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

I sincerely dislike the theme park and wow clone games, but I'd rather play in one of those than in any mmo where the gm's are perpetually corrupted. 

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

What a joke. Haha.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

Let´s see if i get this right.

People are freaking out because the gm had a nice gesture with a player, a gesture that aint long term gamebreaking in any fashion and that even if it had ended successfully, it would not have wrongly shaped the game in any real way.

O...k.....

I wish more gm´s were like that.

Rawr.

• NixishNixish Member UncommonPosts: 185

Originally posted by Latella

People are freaking out because the gm had a nice gesture with a player, a gesture that aint long term gamebreaking in any fashion and that even if it had ended successfully, it would not have wrongly shaped the game in any real way.

O...k.....

GMs are supposed to be in place to help you with technical problems. They should not be there to help you advance your character by ANY means. What is the difference between using a GM in this fashion and using a cheat code in a console game?

Originally posted by kakasaki

Yeah but you alienate your loyal base and still not guarantee of adding new players. Server wipes/restarts are a last resort kinda tool and even then I wouldn't recomend it...

Not like theyd have much to loose, the  remaining "loyal" fan base seems to be overly tolerant.

I win!!! LOL@U

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

So when I am playing if something is too hard I should page a gm to teleport me to some mobs or a horse spawn?

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

O...k.....

Irreguardless if the gesture was nice or not  GMs are there for support, not to actually participate in the gameplay.  (Role Playing, Events, etc: excluded).

It might not be ("long term game breaking" ), (thats debatable for the players involved) for you,  but what about the players that lost all their  gear and possible gold?

I bet if that happenned to you, your tune might be more sympathetic or quite possible hostile.

Originally posted by ShortyBible

O...k.....

Irreguardless if the gesture was nice or not  GMs are there for support, not to actually participate in the gameplay.  (Role Playing, Events, etc: excluded).

It might not be ("long term game breaking" ), (thats debatable for the players involved) for you,  but what about the players that lost all their  gear and possible gold?

I bet if that happenned to you, your tune might be more sympathetic or quite possible hostile.

This has happened so many times already, each repeated violation hits a little harder.  It's not like they dont know its wrong!

I win!!! LOL@U

• AllSeeingGuyAllSeeingGuy Member Posts: 143

I joined the councilor program awhile back and let me tell you , its full of preteen kids with 1 adult running the whole thing. As soon as I told Discord who my main was it was downhill from there. They let me play with them for a bit and I listened to them act like little kids switching channels talking about each other like a bunch of WoW kiddies. There was one adult in the group besides myself which he wasn't online much.

I ended up failing my test due to reason uknown. Although Im pretty sure its becuase the kid Xenos was afraid i'd make him look bad as I was blowing through petitions with ease since I known the game for so long.  The reason the councilors are shit is because 90% of them play the game as well, and those same guys keep new guys from coming in an joining them to monopolize on having GM power.

There councilor forum alone had atleast 20+ applicants fail the testing period in like a month when I was in there reading my duties and rules.

Mortal used to be a great game for me and I really hoped to help make it better by being a genuine councelor and turn some of this bad shit I hear in here around. But apparently Discord/MO doesn't want it to look good, they only care to hide there biased counselors.

If you play dumb do exactly what they say and never say a word I guarantee you can get in as a councelor. Ask any questions or ask what they are doing and next thing you know youve failed the training.

MO is ruined... and corrupt as hell

Lol just looked at that other thread where Bobzor77 was leaving and read the bottom part.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/64932-another-goodbye.html

That said from what I've seen the community is getting squeezed out of the forums and irc by restrictive rules and ban happy mods. Not to mention that trying to converse with any member of the "support" staff about it takes time and from what I have seen is in vain 90% of the time.

The mod's remind me of an organization like the Vatican just trying to cover each others backs.

This ^ is exaclty how I felt when I was part of the councelor program.  I guess I wasn't crooked enough for them and asked to many questions.

Originally posted by AllSeeingGuy

I joined the councilor program awhile back and let me tell you , its full of preteen kids with 1 adult running the whole thing. As soon as I told Discord who my main was it was downhill from there. They let me play with them for a bit and I listened to them act like little kids switching channels talking about each other like a bunch of WoW kiddies. There was one adult in the group besides myself which he wasn't online much.

I ended up failing my test due to reason uknown. Although Im pretty sure its becuase the kid Xenos was afraid i'd make him look bad as I was blowing through petitions with ease since I known the game for so long.  The reason the councilors are shit is because 90% of them play the game as well, and those same guys keep new guys from coming in an joining them to monopolize on having GM power.

There councilor forum alone had atleast 20+ applicants fail the testing period in like a month when I was in there reading my duties and rules.

Mortal used to be a great game for me and I really hoped to help make it better by being a genuine councelor and turn some of this bad shit I hear in here around. But apparently Discord/MO doesn't want it to look good, they only care to hide there biased counselors.

If you play dumb do exactly what they say and never say a word I guarantee you can get in as a councelor. Ask any questions or ask what they are doing and next thing you know youve failed the training.

Lol just looked at that other thread where Bobzor77 was leaving and read the bottom part.

That said from what I've seen the community is getting squeezed out of the forums and irc by restrictive rules and ban happy mods. Not to mention that trying to converse with any member of the "support" staff about it takes time and from what I have seen is in vain 90% of the time.

The mod's remind me of an organization like the Vatican just trying to cover each others backs.

This ^ is exaclty how I felt when I was part of the councelor program.  I guess I wasn't crooked enough for them and asked to many questions.

Thanks for the "insider" info, really puts it all into perspective .

I win!!! LOL@U

• RussiannRussiann Member Posts: 24

very interesting, check your pm please

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

I joined the councilor program awhile back...

Did they tell you who their mains were? :D

• AllSeeingGuyAllSeeingGuy Member Posts: 143

Nah, they wouldn't tell me that. But the voices sounded very familar. One guy claimed to be a guild leader and was "going to retire" so he could do the counselor shit instead.