Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Interview: Dungeons and Underwater Combat

ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/sdcc/2011/dungeons-and-underwater-interview

Cool new interview that talks about a bunch of nice stuff.

Also! A nice lenghty video of a Thief. The player encounters a Dynamic Event right before it begins and proceeds to finish it himself, pretty cool stuff. The dynamic event I speak of occurs around the 7minute mark.

Enjoy.

This is not a game.

Comments

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

are you being sneaky?  the seven minute mark is where he fiddles around with traits...pretty cool stuff.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by grimm6th

are you being sneaky?  the seven minute mark is where he fiddles around with traits...pretty cool stuff.

I was actually, but my plan can never be found out muhahahahahahahahahahahaha...image

This is not a game.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

"Some of them are a random percentage chance, so for example you could be going through the Ascalon Catacombs and you’ll go through it, and you defeat it, and you have a random event where you run into a giant spider boss and you put a torch out in a hall that makes a ghost army that comes out, so you get to experience that stuff.

Another time through, you might be walking down a hall and a wall bursts open and a giant cave troll Kool Aid Mans out of the wall and stands in the middle and comes after you.

The idea is that every time you play this we want to surprise you and present you with stuff like that so it feels like – – I used this analogy a couple of weeks ago but it’s totally true – when I go dungeon running in a D&D game the things that make it a dungeon to me are those random events that are happening"

AWESOME! gets me all gitty :)

• HeadBytorHeadBytor Member UncommonPosts: 93

I actually like the idea of putting different spawns in different levels underwater. i can already feel the excitement as i hit the bottom level