Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Has Gone Gold

firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Square Enix has announced that its game Deus Ex: Human Revolution has gone gold, a critical step in the manufacturing process. That means the game is ready for mass production, where it will be reproduced, packaged, and shipped to retailers. Then consumers can purchase copies of the game when it is officially released August 23.

“We couldn’t be more excited that Deus Ex: Human Revolution has gone gold and will soon be in the hands of expectant gamers,” said Stephane D'Astous, general manager of Eidos-Montreal. “As the first release for Eidos-Montreal, it’s impossible to express how extremely proud we are of the final product and all of the hard work that went into its creation.”

In going gold, Deus Ex: Human Revolution joins the ranks of some of the most critically acclaimed games in human history. BioShock, Grand Theft Auto IV, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion are just a few of the games that have gone gold.

There's no word yet on the status of the game manuals, but it's likely that they have been edited and are heading to the printer at this point in time.

For more information on Deus Ex, check out our latest preview.

Comments

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Euh.. nice marketing..butum,  by going gold they mean they done their job and finished the game ..you know ..so people can play it,thats what they mean here..

going gold used to mean a certain sale amount so how about the "joins the ranks of some of the most critically acclaimed games in human history" 

in their words every single game ever made and released has gone gold and is part of this "critically acclaimed games in human history"  group ... funy stuff marketing..

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Originally posted by Eladi

Euh.. nice marketing..butum,  by going gold they mean they done their job and finished the game ..you know ..so people can play it,thats what they mean here..

going gold used to mean a certain sale amount so how about the "joins the ranks of some of the most critically acclaimed games in human history" 

in their words every single game ever made and released has gone gold and is part of this "critically acclaimed games in human history"  group ... funy stuff marketing..

MANY gaming studios use the term going gold the same way, not just them. Nowadays it does mean the game is complete and ready for distribution.

Anywho, I'm excited for the game although not sure my computer will be able to handle it.

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by firefly2003

Square Enix has announced that its game Deus Ex: Human Revolution has gone gold...That means the game is ready for mass production, where it will be reproduced, packaged, and shipped to retailers...In going gold, Deus Ex: Human Revolution joins the ranks of some of the most critically acclaimed games in human history. BioShock, Grand Theft Auto IV, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion are just a few of the games that have gone gold.

I'm a bit confused about the 'going gold' status.

But I'm still totally looking forward to this release.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

When does this stop? When will you stand up and fight!

I think it is going to deliver.Now it just needs to transform into a co-rpg like Guild Wars.image

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

In going gold, Deus Ex: Human Revolution joins the ranks of some of the most critically acclaimed games in human history. BioShock, Grand Theft Auto IV, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion are just a few of the games that have gone gold.

Every game ever released in existance "went Gold" by their definition of the term .Games like Daikatana. Oh, and E.T. on the Atari console which actually KILLED gaming for almost a decade afterwards went gold also.

A game being "finished" don't mean squat.

That being said, and having played the leaked beta, DE: HR is gonna pwn.

Originally posted by Xexv

Square Enix has announced that its game Deus Ex: Human Revolution has gone gold...That means the game is ready for mass production, where it will be reproduced, packaged, and shipped to retailers...In going gold, Deus Ex: Human Revolution joins the ranks of some of the most critically acclaimed games in human history. BioShock, Grand Theft Auto IV, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion are just a few of the games that have gone gold.

I'm a bit confused about the 'going gold' status.

But I'm still totally looking forward to this release.

That's what they're attempting to do, confuse you. "Going gold" simply means the game is ready to be burned to a disk and shipped.

"Going gold" used to mean selling a shitload of copies.

They're trying to combine the two in the dumbest PR blurb  I've ever seen.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Um, going gold has meant 'ready to ship' for as long as I can remember in the software industry.  In the -music- industry, going gold means selling a certain amount of copies.  You don't say a game went platinum.

• EtherniaEthernia Member Posts: 104

Umm..

Lol.