Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tom Cruise gets squirted

rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

A British TV prankster squirts water from a fake microphone into Tom's face on the red carpet. Instead of freaking out he makes the interviewer seem like the idiot.

Link

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Comments

• FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056

Old news but I did think it was pretty funny

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?

• burningattaburningatta Member Posts: 194
    lol

remember, a very wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

First time that I've seen this. Pretty good show on Tom's part, I got a few good chuckles out of this. :D

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Excellent response by Tom. He didn't just walk away and didn't let any of the goon squad jump in to handle it. He handled it professionally and IMO the right way. Good show.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

How polite and restrained he was. I guess he is not crazy after all.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Tom pwned that dude image

• elbie713elbie713 Member Posts: 2

It just goes to show that certain aspects of the media have no respect for people. Regardless of ones status as a celebrity or not, they shouldn't be subjected to disrespect that way. It was pretty funny, though! ::::02::

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

LOL!

ahaha, that was great, pwned...and in a POLITE manner!

• PhrequencyPhrequency Member Posts: 314

im surprised alot of you didnt flame and go all n00b....

yeah he did do a good job owning that ------------... but if there werent cameras everywhere and it was just him and that stupid crew.... wooooweeeee Mission Impossible 3 hahaha

Main character in Pure Pwnage, Jeremy as himself and Teh Pwnerer...

Free File Hosting at Origin Now - 100 Megabyte Max Upload Per File
    http://www.OriginNow.com
    Well sort of off topic about the tom cruise thing but did anyone watch "the vicious dog attack" video where that crazy lady had that dog that was biting everyone in the penis and vagina? lol

• PhrequencyPhrequency Member Posts: 314

wtf.... where?....

Main character in Pure Pwnage, Jeremy as himself and Teh Pwnerer...

Free File Hosting at Origin Now - 100 Megabyte Max Upload Per File
    http://www.OriginNow.com
    Like when you click on the link at the beggining of this thread and go to the page where "tom cruise gets squirted" then if you search around it will say like other videos or whatever. and then if you find it it will say under vidoes or whatever "vicious dog attack"

• Kite22Kite22 Member Posts: 90
    Now thats funny right there i dont care who you are thats funny-Larry The CableGuy
  • MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Originally posted by Phrequency
    im surprised alot of you didnt flame and go all n00b.... yeah he did do a good job owning that ------------... but if there werent cameras everywhere and it was just him and that stupid crew.... wooooweeeee Mission Impossible 3 hahaha

That would be beggin for a public relations disaster of a lawsuit. I don't know about that.

Not to say that he wouldn't crack under other circumstances but without the cameras my guess is that at worse he'd let the goons take care of it and walk off.

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

Tom Cruise is widely respected in my book. Sure, a lot of actors may donate money to a cause, but they have so much it doesnt matter to them. When an actor like Tom Cruise steps up to the plate its a different story.

There was a news article, not sure when, but Tom Cruise witnessed a car accident and being the polite man he was pulled over to help the lady calm down. After talking with the girl he found out she was broke and had no car insurance. After Tom seeing the hit and run, decided he would pay for the claim on her car through is own pocket.

Now, that may not seem like a lot of money being put out there, but what he did was worth more to me than Sanda Bullock donating 1million a year to some fund.

Celebritism I believe makes some people go crazy and forget they're part of the human race, as if their status puts off death and old age. I believe Tom Cruise to be the saner half of the bunch, which may make him seem crazy in a profession full of assholes and marketing pawns.

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• gunnythokgunnythok Member Posts: 268
    Well handled.  He's one of the few real human beings left in the industry.
  • ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

That was wierd, he held is hand. This reminds me of what security gaurd would do if he caught some little kids stealing or something. "No, don't run away. Come here." Then he gets all honest and soft because he doesn't want to or can't do anything.

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291

Pretty immature on the part of the repoters.  However I am really sick of both him and Katie Holmes.  They need to both get the just shut up award.

All this public displaying of affection everytime they have a camera pointed at them is a little much to stomach.image

• ZedrinythZedrinyth Member Posts: 60
    Did you see the face of the "reporter" when he walked away near the end of the movie? Looked like he was about to cry! Imagine if Tom's reaction would have lost his temper, every single tabloid on the planet would have talked about it... He just avoided a mediatic fiasco. I salute his ability to keep his cool.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117
    PWNED!!1!!!
  • TarlTarl Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Kiamde
    How polite and restrained he was. I guess he is not crazy after all.

Crazy? He gets more attractive and younger women with each marriage... he is a demi god, lol....

• Takai001Takai001 Member Posts: 248

Four guys got arrested from that just because Tom had to cry so much.

Mustache is a cat
    That has to go to the vet
    Do your taxes now

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by Takai001
    Four idiots got arrested from that just because Tom is God.

Fixed.

• elledanelledan Member Posts: 56
    yes thats british comady. try to be funny and get insulted for it.