Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starvault Q1 Financial Results - OUCH

2»

Comments

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Originally posted by kastrix

Well, i guess they have atleast 500 more subs than last time atleast since their last goal was 1500 to break even. I hope they will be able to pull of profit soon enough but as long as the money loss isn't to big it sould be ok. As they are probaly bringing in alot of money to, a loan sould not be out of reach ecpecally since the company is stationed here in sweden. Also you have to remember that it's in its usuall that companies go back on money the first years. Think of twitter witch have like 400 million? people and is still not doing profit, and i think facebook just started earing while projects like xbox have not earned a single dime (in whole) since it's start over 10 years ago.

I dont think we have to worry about MO beaing shut down. They said that less than 1% of mmorpg gamers knew about Mo since they havn't done any marketing for it.

Hopefully henriks dad have some more money to spare ;)

Also 20 000 people apperently have tryed the free trial. that is a good number and that could be from where the people talking about a growing poplulation have noticed from.

"During March / April 2011, we completed a rights issue. Through the offering we were about 3.6 million before transaction costs. Thus we were able to repay previous loans contracted to build in 2011 on a sound financial base. In addition, we calculate the capital have for Star Vaults operation until a positive cash flow is achieved. Server and broadband capabilities are already designed to be scaled up in the pace of Mortal Online is growing. With our current cost structure, the Board expects that an additional approximately 1000 players to achieve break-even, a goal that we hope to achieve during the second quarter of 2011."

So they have bacially it's looks better than late last year when they  truly where near financiall breakdown in the company. 

same goes for darkfall (they barely advertised) MO and Darkfall really need to get their games on steam if  mo would go on steam now that 1000 more people is a joke and easily reachable if they all will stay and enjoy their game is ofc unknown

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

^ Maybe they will add MO on steam alittle bit after the expansion, just get some bugs sorted out etc.

Anyone have a link too those vids with basshunter waving a black dildo around complaining about server downtime? id love too see those, sounds funny.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

http://www.youtube.com/user/MortalOnlineVideos - There ya go!

Hmm, havent the rumour about the rich dad (being a pilot, or golf pro or whatever it was) been rejected long time ago? As in, there is no rich dad - the fundings is from investors!?

And I agree on: The ones that cant do, critisize! If you do not dare to try something different, there will be no groundbreaking games for us to play! =)

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Originally posted by wmada2k

Hmm, havent the rumour about the rich dad (being a pilot, or golf pro or whatever it was) been rejected long time ago? As in, there is no rich dad - the fundings is from investors!?

And I agree on: The ones that cant do, critisize! If you do not dare to try something different, there will be no groundbreaking games for us to play! =)

Explain to me what they are doing that is really different.  Having no real loot?  No sandbox tools?  Or all the stuff that they "borrowed" from UO and badly implemented? 

And why did you link a video of Basshunter playing MO that is on the Official MO youtube page?  I do not understand what that has to do with your paragraph.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Originally posted by Moreplex

Explain to me what they are doing that is really different.  Having no real loot?  No sandbox tools?  Or all the stuff that they "borrowed" from UO and badly implemented? 

And why did you link a video of Basshunter playing MO that is on the Official MO youtube page?  I do not understand what that has to do with your paragraph.

The poster above him asked for a link.

Sorry that there's no epic lewtz in MO... well, I'm not, because if I wanted a loot-based game I'd be playing one.  I much prefer weasels and bush pigs NOT drop currency and level-appropriate weapons.  As for sandbox tools, there's plenty.  Housing, open-ending crafting, taming, mounts, open pvp, level-less and open-ended character development just to name a few.

lemme guess, that's not enough?   Or they're 'broken' for one vague reason or another?  Give me a break.

Originally posted by funkmastaD

Sorry that there's no epic lewtz in MO... well, I'm not, because if I wanted a loot-based game I'd be playing one.  I much prefer weasels and bush pigs NOT drop currency and level-appropriate weapons.  As for sandbox tools, there's plenty.  Housing, open-ending crafting, taming, mounts, open pvp, level-less and open-ended character development just to name a few.

lemme guess, that's not enough?   Or they're 'broken' for one vague reason or another?  Give me a break.

You must skim through most people's posts.  I never said I wanted EPIC LOOTS.  I did say that if I kill a huminoid and said huminoid is wearing armor and weapons it should drop something it is wearing.  I never said I wanted a bush pig dropping gold, they do ot have pockets.  Housing does not work or do you not agree with the loads of subscribers that post to that effect in the actual forums??  There is limitless crafting yes I agree but everyone uses the same stuff.   I did not tame much because I kept losing pets on node lines so I gave up on it.  Open pvp is open pvp how is that a sandbox tool?

I can agree with you that most of the tools are broken but not for vague reasons.  That is my opinion from playing and from reading the official forums it is the concensus that most of the tools are broken or placeholders.  You must argue alot with people on the offical forums as well telling them that everything works fine there is nothing to see here move along, move along.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

You must skim through most people's posts.  I never said I wanted EPIC LOOTS.  I did say that if I kill a huminoid and said huminoid is wearing armor and weapons it should drop something it is wearing.  I never said I wanted a bush pig dropping gold, they do ot have pockets.  Housing does not work or do you not agree with the loads of subscribers that post to that effect in the actual forums??  There is limitless crafting yes I agree but everyone uses the same stuff.   I did not tame much because I kept losing pets on node lines so I gave up on it.  Open pvp is open pvp how is that a sandbox tool?

I can agree with you that most of the tools are broken but not for vague reasons.  That is my opinion from playing and from reading the official forums it is the concensus that most of the tools are broken or placeholders.  You must argue alot with people on the offical forums as well telling them that everything works fine there is nothing to see here move along, move along.

{mod edit}

Lousy excuse. Sandbox would be to have several ways for one to obtain equipement.

If an orc wielding a sword and wearing an armor gets killed by me, I should be able to loot his gear. Its one way to obtain gear.

finding a crafter is another, stealing from somebody or buying from a store, is yet another.

Sad truth is MO has only 4 humanoid mobs if I'm not mistaking : Skeleton, Sator, Orcs and Ratmen...pretty shallow, and they don't even drop anything...

Originally posted by raff01

{mod edit}

Lousy excuse. Sandbox would be to have several ways for one to obtain equipement.

If an orc wielding a sword and wearing an armor gets killed by me, I should be able to loot his gear. Its one way to obtain gear.

finding a crafter is another, stealing from somebody or buying from a store, is yet another.

Sad truth is MO has only 4 humanoid mobs if I'm not mistaking : Skeleton, Sator, Orcs and Ratmen...pretty shallow, and they don't even drop anything...

Exactly I couldn't of said it better.  If I do not play a thief I can only buy gear from players.  I am sorry I played UO for years so I am used to being able to get the most basic of gear multiple ways, thats the best thing a sandbox does.  As I said in a previous thread I tried to do it MO's way.  I hunted gathered meat and bone and most of the time it took at least 30 mins to sell it to get money to buy gear.  I should have the option of killing a huminoid mob and taking basic gear from it.  I am not asking for the Uber I win Axe.  Just something better than a starter sword.  But the player drvien econ you speak of is very disabled by not having the most basic of sandbox tools to make it go.  As it is now in the game the economy is "selling meat!"  "buying a sword!!"  I am sorry but it is 2011.  Older games have done basic social tools better.

Back on subject.  It is funny some people do not know how to read the report.  On the official forums people think they made money.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Let's keep this on topic, please.  Thanks, guys.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

http://www.aktietorget.se/QuotesInstrument.aspx?InstrumentID=SE0002149369&Language=2&Graph=6

Stock keeps plunging. Its now at a new all time low 0,26 SEK....I'm not a financial analyst but I'm not sure how far along they can keep this company running with a stock falling so close to 00.

Just curious, if the stock reaches zero, can it go into negative values? what are the consequences?

• w4ffl3w4ffl3 Member Posts: 36

http://www.aktietorget.se/QuotesInstrument.aspx?InstrumentID=SE0002149369&Language=2&Graph=6

Stock keeps plunging. Its now at a new all time low 0,26 SEK....I'm not a financial analyst but I'm not sure how far along they can keep this company running with a stock falling so close to 00.

Just curious, if the stock reaches zero, can it go into negative values? what are the consequences?

No, it won't go to zero (or negative)... the stock price represents the price that people are willing to pay for a share of the company--so unless someone would be willing to pay someone else to take the stock off their hands...

With a stock that's plunging like this, it gets to be more important to look at the percentages than the actual value lost.  The fact that it went from .30 to .26 is a much bigger deal than if it were going from 1.5 to 1.46.

My suspicion is that the major shareholders probably see the writing on the wall much more than we do (due to being more closely familiar with SV's finances), and the fact that it keeps plummeting means that they dont' have any faith in star vault's ability to stay in business

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by w4ffl3

No, it won't go to zero (or negative)... the stock price represents the price that people are willing to pay for a share of the company--so unless someone would be willing to pay someone else to take the stock off their hands...

With a stock that's plunging like this, it gets to be more important to look at the percentages than the actual value lost.  The fact that it went from .30 to .26 is a much bigger deal than if it were going from 1.5 to 1.46.

My suspicion is that the major shareholders probably see the writing on the wall much more than we do (due to being more closely familiar with SV's finances), and the fact that it keeps plummeting means that they dont' have any faith in star vault's ability to stay in business

Actually you are wrong.  What you need to look at is volume of sales when you see changes in share price for a company this small.  There are some days when no shares are sold at all.  If you can find someone that is willing to sell you one share for .0001 cents and someone then buys that share for .0001 cents then as long as no one else bought shares that day you could theoretically make SV stocks look like they crashed to zero even though only 1 share was exchanged that day.  

People have been saying StarVault was going to go out of business since before the beta.  Mortal Online has been going strong for nearly a year now and it's not going anywhere.  

Has anyone thought that possibly StarVault want's to show a loss for tax reasons?  I don't see Henrik selling trading in his Lexus to fund his company any time soon.  

If you read the stock report carefully you will notice that there are actually more subscribers this quarter then there were last quarter.  Confirming our belief that the population of Nave is actually increasing.  

Anyways we all know that shareprice of a company do not directly corespond to the quality of the product it produces.  Maybe this thead belongs on a pennystock forum, and not an internet gaming forum.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Originally posted by username509

Actually you are wrong.  What you need to look at is volume of sales when you see changes in share price for a company this small.  There are some days when no shares are sold at all.  If you can find someone that is willing to sell you one share for .0001 cents and someone then buys that share for .0001 cents then as long as no one else bought shares that day you could theoretically make SV stocks look like they crashed to zero even though only 1 share was exchanged that day.  

People have been saying StarVault was going to go out of business since before the beta.  Mortal Online has been going strong for nearly a year now and it's not going anywhere.  

Has anyone thought that possibly StarVault want's to show a loss for tax reasons?  I don't see Henrik selling trading in his Lexus to fund his company any time soon.  

If you read the stock report carefully you will notice that there are actually more subscribers this quarter then there were last quarter.  Confirming our belief that the population of Nave is actually increasing.  

Anyways we all know that shareprice of a company do not directly corespond to the quality of the product it produces.  Maybe this thead belongs on a pennystock forum, and not an internet gaming forum.  

Going strong??  I guess thats why they have shown a loss for a straight year and hald to downsize the staff to about half.  I have read the stock report carfully I do not know if you have because it says in black and white the subs virtually have not changed from last quarter to this quarter.  Unless there is a hidden section I do not know about that you can point me to. 

• w4ffl3w4ffl3 Member Posts: 36

Please show me exactly where the report says this.  Because this tells me it is unchanging:

"The number of monthly payments during the first quarter of 2011, virtually unchanged compared to the fourth quarter of 2010."

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Actually you are wrong.  What you need to look at is volume of sales when you see changes in share price for a company this small.  There are some days when no shares are sold at all.  If you can find someone that is willing to sell you one share for .0001 cents and someone then buys that share for .0001 cents then as long as no one else bought shares that day you could theoretically make SV stocks look like they crashed to zero even though only 1 share was exchanged that day.  .  

Not just volume of sales though.  You must look at volume offered.  Yesterday there were over 1,000,000 shares offered for under .36 SEK.   Just think about that.  more than 1,000,000 shares available for LESS than the price the new stock was issued at just a few weeks ago.  No one was willing to buy.. even at that discounted price...   Remember.. some of these stock holders may have bought in when the stock was 4.00 SEK.. that's >90% loss... and even at that price no one wants it.

Remember when Henrick was promising 25% growh in subs just 2 quarterly reports back?    Ouch...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

I do not want to miss anything in the stock report.  I am still waiting for you to show me the underlined parts in the report I missed.

I do not want to miss anything in the stock report.  I am still waiting for you to show me the underlined parts in the report I missed.

He won't. He is making up those statements and is just trolling. I mean comon, "Mortal Online has been going strong for nearly a year" ...This is like saying Japan had a good year 2011 thus far...

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please don't necro old threads. Feel free to link to them in new threads on the same topic. Locking this.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.