Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF An Adventure of a lifetime.

da1n0nlyda1n0nly Member Posts: 2

Examples: Me and Friends hanging out in freeport (eqoaf) go out grinding, running to brand new places always learning about brand new things/ Me and friends going ganking in Ashenvale for the first time and learning for the first time how to gank and about PVP. (WoW)  Taking down a city and every high level that comes through (xroads),

What i'm talking about is real adventure. The Thrill the.. Damn this is hot and WTF? MINOTAUR? etc.

i can give millions of examples but.. I cannot find the game.. help.. i'm not subbed to anything atm ;/

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

To feel that sense when it comes to PVP, try DAOC. 

To feel that sense when it comes to PVE, you have a few options. I'd personally go with EQ1 on Fippy Darkpaw. 

• da1n0nlyda1n0nly Member Posts: 2

I love those games and I've tried DAOC.. but.. They are too old for me :/ I want something I can stick to for years to come.. not for a year and it closes you know.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Sadly then that means you will likely be playing a game that is less fun simply because it is newer. Also, EQ1 will outlive most of the current mmo's on the market. 

Anyway, I'd try Vanguard. If Vanguard won't work for any reason, then all I could suggest is Rift and then wait for SWTOR, although I would never play the latter two games myself. 

EDIT:

Just to be clear, in my opinion, the newer crop of games don't provide the opportunity for adventure and exploration that you seek, unless you are willing to play an under populated indie game that likely suffers from lack of development or bugs or whatever else. Because the big titles don't offer what you're looking for, and because I'm guessing you're not really interested in the indie games with their lack of mass appeal, is why I suggested the triple A theme parks. 

Just wanted to clarify why I recommended what I recommended. 

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i would second the Vanguard vote, just make sure to find a good active guild for the social aspect and for vet tips. there's more content in that game then you could imagine. and there have been rumors plus at least one official statement that SOE is taking a look at VG again and thinking of giving it some dev love.

i would disagree with SWTOR, im not a hater, i just have a feeling that people are getting so desperate for what you are searching for, that they are putting all their eggs in one basket. and just to show you im not hating on SWTOR, i'll tell you a little secret, all my eggs are in the GW2 basket ;) sad but true.

i had thought ArcheAge would be my game till i learned about 'labor points' and that all servers were going to be FFA PvP. both of which ruin some of the best fun i have in a game, exploring/harvesting and crafting/creating.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• kylekbbkylekbb Member Posts: 165

Well i am with you on looking for that kinda thing myself right now.

And being honest there isnt one till a mmo worth trying comes to play.

Also on the Archage comment you know it hasnt been locallized yet for america. And that is proably going to be dropped of for the us because not many people here can stand it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Would have to recommend Vanguard. Unfortunately small population, but an enormous world with a good variety of things to do from adventuring to diplomacy or crafting.

Plenty of varied environments and secrets to explore and find, a overwhelming amount of dungeons to fight your way through, and great loot/rewards to earn from questing if thats what you want to do. Vanguard is probably the most modern game that has given me a genuine sense of adventure.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i would say dragon quest but since it will be beta in  an hour or so and lot of feature wont be in beta (like pvp)might want to wait

no toon restart tho

• GrandoReaperGrandoReaper Member UncommonPosts: 147

Originally posted by da1n0nly

I love those games and I've tried DAOC.. but.. They are too old for me :/ I want something I can stick to for years to come.. not for a year and it closes you know.

I wouldnt worry about EQ1 Fippy closing down anytime soon it is in high demand right now even after months of release.  I would be more worried about vanguard shutting down than EQ1.  Personally in your quest to find a "life time" in a MMO I would avoid companies like EA whom shut down game servers willy nilly.  Dont listen to the banter of "just wait for X it will be awesome".  A side note, I dont really play it anymore but darkfall had an amazing rush to it.  Just dont cross any veteran paths.