Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: UK Pre-Order Hiccup Causing Angst

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a thread on the official Bioware Star Wars: The Old Republic forum, fans in the United Kingdom who preordered the collector's edition of the game from Game.co.uk have yet to receive their early access pre-order codes even several days after the order was placed. This causes an issue as entry of the code is time-sensitive and the earlier it is entered, the earlier players get access to the head start.

The ONLY Retailer to stock CE Online for the UK (Game.co.uk) will not be sending out CE Codes until next Thursday.

As we understand it, the redemption and how early you get access is determined by how quick you input an early access code.

FAQ and other sources state this.

HOWEVER, support and other sources have also stated that CE will get 7 days and Standard 3, no matter when these codes have been redeemed.

I for one think it'd be amazing if people who have paid £130 are put behind people who have paid £30 and end up getting access later.

Read more about of the comments in a wildly popular thread on the Star Wars: The Old Republic forum site.

Thanks, Coolit, for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    EA

(chuckles)
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

People will freak out over the dumbest things.  Even the CE edition will not help when servers are busy when they open the servers.  Personally will wait a month or two if I decide to play this game, at least the server lines will be mostly gone by then.

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

"I for one think it'd be amazing if people who have paid £130 are put behind people who have paid £30 and end up getting access later."

£30.... Ummm from Where? All the UK Pre-Order retailers are £40-£45 for Standard.. Very, very expensive! had best be worth it!

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

I preordered because of the statue and not to loose collectors.

I dont care if i enter days later or even get to the beta.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Theres many EU countries that dont even have any kind of pre-order avaliable yet.

Not even the digital one.  So yeah i agree with Ozmodan.

• SupercollideSupercollide Member Posts: 34

Pre-ordered the CE from Game.co.uk with a hour of the pre-order announcement email.

My code arrived about an hour ago - registered fine for 7 days.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by pl3dge

"I for one think it'd be amazing if people who have paid £130 are put behind people who have paid £30 and end up getting access later."

£30.... Ummm from Where? All the UK Pre-Order retailers are £40-£45 for Standard.. Very, very expensive! had best be worth it!

I pre-ordered the SE last November and got it for £29.99. I upgraded to a CE though but anyone who ordered before the offical pre-order annoucement will have gotten it for £30. 

• ShikomeShikome Member Posts: 1

I emailed GAME about this a while back and got the reply:

"Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that we will be offering a pre-order bonus code for “Star Wars - The Old Republic”.

Any customers who have already preordered any edition online prior by Tuesday 26th July will be receiving their code Wednesday 27th July. After the 28th July, any new preorders will be received on the Thursday after you have placed your order."

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126

Originally posted by pl3dge

£34 on Amazon on first day of pre orders, less if you ordered before..

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by daemon

Theres many EU countries that dont even have any kind of pre-order avaliable yet.

Not even the digital one.  So yeah i agree with Ozmodan.

True, option for them is Amazon. They said that if you can get your hands on a copy, you will be able to play.

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

I pre ordered from Game.co.uk yesturday and got my code today 

• RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195

Originally posted by Zefire

I preordered because of the statue and not to loose collectors.

I dont care if i enter days later or even get to the beta.

You might if someone takes the name(s) you were planning on, the name you are known by in your guild etc.

Game's problems are just with the online CE orders. People going into a store could pick up a pre-order box and put down a deposit, getting the pre-order code there and then. People ordering online from Game were screwed because for some strange reason they wouldn't release the codes. I ordered a couple hours after pre-order went live, and have only received my code this afternoon. Like you, I'm not fussed about getting into the game particularly early, but I really do want to reserve the names I have planned for my characters and I'll be pissed off if someone snipes the name even though it isn't anything 'popular'. Guess we'll see how it all pans out, but Game dropped the ball and people are not happy with them ;)

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by xersent

I pre ordered from Game.co.uk yesturday and got my code today 

Yep they sent the codes out to almost everyone today.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

"And so it went all downhill from there resulting in threats of a Sith led revenge and the total destruction of all the EA servers on planet Earth. Only a card saying 'Love, SWG dev team.' was found."

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by Ozmodan

People will freak out over the dumbest things.  Even the CE edition will not help when servers are busy when they open the servers.  Personally will wait a month or two if I decide to play this game, at least the server lines will be mostly gone by then.

Six months after WoW was release there was still server lines.

• TathkarTathkar Member UncommonPosts: 2

I also got my code today.  Ahead of the imposed Thursday deadline.

• Eta.CarineaEta.Carinea Member Posts: 14

i brought the standard edition, and i fully expect to be put ahead of the people who registered thier keys later, regardless of if they paid 130.00. If the games company thought this was unfair then they should not have made the early access keys available on the standard edition box in the firts place.   

Currently Waiting for Guild Wars 2.

• Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243

I'll be getting the CE! Code will be send by mail within 2 days...

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

got my CE code today ;) from game

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• RevivialRevivial Member Posts: 194

Oh no!  I won't get to play sooner then a large enough portion of the population.  I don't want to play with the common rift raft!

Or

Oh no! I've been waiting years for this game, and i might have to wait a few extra days before i can play! I hate my life!

I dunno, other then that I would take all that comes during a big release like this with patience and wisdom that in the end you'll save yourself a lot of uneffective frustration.

"I swear -- by my life and my love for it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
    - John Galt

• TrixtaTrixta Member Posts: 18

Er this post is wrong.  I got all three codes today

www.doom-guild.co.uk

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I don't even get why early access is an issue in this gamelol...

it's not like your in compeition with anyone for anything.

I will be happy to get in when I get in, no rush no drama.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by vesavius

If you don't get in the first day early access is available you aren't part of the "cool" club.   Don't you want to be cool vesavius?  Plus those in the cool club might also get matching jackets...

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Originally posted by vesavius

If you don't get in the first day early access is available you aren't part of the "cool" club.   Don't you want to be cool vesavius?  Plus those in the cool club might also get matching jackets...

hey! I'm cool!

(in my own head)

• BiffumusBiffumus Member Posts: 19

Just join a new server that gets started at launch when all of the other prelaunch servers are lagged to death.  Then you will be playing right when the server opens and mostly without the issues the prelaunch servers will have.