Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if SWtoR fails?

Comments

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by Malickie

He cared enough to feel he needed to pay 150 for a CE, look at his SWTOR post history (before the CE/Pre-order announcment), I can't help but LOL.

I'm not attacking the guy, I just want to bring his history to light, as it is highly ironic and gives reason to just ignore him from now on.

Greedy over inflated ego company says fuck you to their fans by charging Halo 3 like prices to their CE?  Hey, i been stressed out all week long wandering how I am gonna come up with the money to get this thing... and I have no idea how well this game is even gonna do...  It could possibly be a failure is all I'm saying... Certain to fail? No probably not, could fail.. yes it is very possible.

This company allowed all the praise and awards to go to it's head and then decided to drop the bombshell, you better be rich if you want it , CE box on us all.. That is what caught me by surprised and it has sent me into a rage ever since.

Then a freakin cool/rich kids club "Vip lounge" to rub it in.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

If it fails, you play something else.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by sungodra

Originally posted by Malickie

He cared enough to feel he needed to pay 150 for a CE, look at his SWTOR post history (before the CE/Pre-order announcment), I can't help but LOL.

I'm not attacking the guy, I just want to bring his history to light, as it is highly ironic and gives reason to just ignore him from now on.

Greedy over inflated ego company says fuck you to their fans by charging Halo 3 like prices to their CE?  Hey, i been stressed out all week long wandering how I am gonna come up with the money to get this thing... and I have no idea how well this game is even gonna do...  It could possibly be a failure is all I'm saying... Certain to fail? No probably not, could fail.. yes it is very possible.

This company allowed all the praise and awards to go to it's head and then decided to drop the bombshell, you better be rich if you want it , CE box on us all.. That is what caught me by surprised and it has sent me into a rage ever since.

Then a freakin cool/rich kids club "Vip lounge" to rub it in.

you had what.....four years to come up with $150??

I'm not "rich", but $150 is about one good evening's entertainment to me. It's not really a big deal, unless you're unemployed or working for minimum wage with kids to feed.

• AgileeAgilee Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Furor

All you people have a crystal ball huh?  Well i'm psychic so top that, and my telepathy is telling me that TOR is gonna fail and it's its gonna fail hard.

And i'll be right there laughing when the walls come crashing down.

All this overhyping, this ridiculous 150 dollar CE (that some people are claiming is the standard for MMO CE's ... name which MMO CE was 150 dollars plz thank you, stop adding to this by claiming it is the standard when it is not all you are doing is opening the doors for future companies to pull this same bullsheit)  All the lies about 500 planets or "worlds" in 2025  , it is all doomed to failure because guess what? The game is gonna suck. End of story.

People said exact the same thing to blizzard before world of warcraft was released. Look at wow now. In fact they even wrote off blizzard's mmorpg World of warcraft. They said world of warcraft would fail too back then.

well guess what? This aint world of warcraft... or err wait is it???? Bah i'm confused  I guess it is a version of World of Warcraft because it will play exactly like that game.

Hows Rift?

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

sungodra yea sure ce is step $150, however its selling out quick. So bioware did something right. You dont have to buy CE, it a personal choice. There is a standard version you can buy for $60.

Dont bash bioware because you think bioware is ripping people off with $150 ce,people like us think its woreth the price tag bioware is asking for.

Malroth, hes mad because the CE is $150 and he cant afford it and CE is selling out quickly. im guessing deserate attempt to bring bioware down??

Well if the CE doesn't sell out by the 3rd I'm making a trip down to the local gamestop to drop 20 dollars or w/e it costs to secure the pre-order....  They should have had a digital CE like most companies that does not sell out, that you can buy when you have the money and not have to worry about rushing around to different stores to find the damn thing before it sells out.....   These people are determined to make everything difficult.

Originally posted by Agilee

All you people have a crystal ball huh?  Well i'm psychic so top that, and my telepathy is telling me that TOR is gonna fail and it's its gonna fail hard.

And i'll be right there laughing when the walls come crashing down.

All this overhyping, this ridiculous 150 dollar CE (that some people are claiming is the standard for MMO CE's ... name which MMO CE was 150 dollars plz thank you, stop adding to this by claiming it is the standard when it is not all you are doing is opening the doors for future companies to pull this same bullsheit)  All the lies about 500 planets or "worlds" in 2025  , it is all doomed to failure because guess what? The game is gonna suck. End of story.

People said exact the same thing to blizzard before world of warcraft was released. Look at wow now. In fact they even wrote off blizzard's mmorpg World of warcraft. They said world of warcraft would fail too back then.

well guess what? This aint world of warcraft... or err wait is it???? Bah i'm confused  I guess it is a version of World of Warcraft because it will play exactly like that game.

Hows Rift?

I don't know I haven't subbed them for about 4-5 months...

Dammmn  Dezzeell somebody got....

• cuad1780cuad1780 Member Posts: 54

I haven't really looked up a whole lot of info on ToR, but I'd like to know one thing: how will end-game items work out? As in, will all Jedi's be using the same lightsaber? I mean, there can't be much customization with lightsabers(different shapes, added jewels like in WoW, etc). Just wanna know, anyone have any idea? :D

especially since that other topic about how ToR will be able to have so many more worlds by 2025... I wouldn't be too thrilled to just replace 1 saber with another, after another, for a different color or something lol.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

SWG was a shitty MMO and it still lasted 8 years. I think anything with a Star Wars title will do at least as well, and anytime a game makes a profit... well you can throw the word 'fail' around as much as you want, and I'm sure the BW / EA execs will nod and agree as they count their millions of dollars.

Originally posted by cuad1780

I haven't really looked up a whole lot of info on ToR, but I'd like to know one thing: how will end-game items work out? As in, will all Jedi's be using the same lightsaber? I mean, there can't be much customization with lightsabers(different shapes, added jewels like in WoW, etc). Just wanna know, anyone have any idea? :D

especially since that other topic about how ToR will be able to have so many more worlds by 2025... I wouldn't be too thrilled to just replace 1 saber with another, after another, for a different color or something lol.

Bioware's being really tight-lipped about "end game" content.

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

I don't know why... we're paying for the game, we should know what we are getting.... If it isn't because of story reasons, than it is because of nefarious reasons.

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

i watched the bioware Q & A session

there is operation points ewnd game content raids, and also the developer said they will implement pvp gears at end game as well as pve end game gears.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

It will fail, simply put.

Why?

Because everyone consideres World of Warcraft the "standard" now... and no game will ever do that again.  Not even the new project "Titan" Blizzard is working on.

WoW hit the industry at the exact right time, and has burned people out since its release.

• cuad1780cuad1780 Member Posts: 54

I don't know why... we're paying for the game, we should know what we are getting.... If it isn't because of story reasons, than it is because of nefarious reasons.

Definitely. I remember when I was pumped about Rift coming out and they had trailers and plenty of gameplay vids of maxed out characters to at least see what you could look like. Need more info about gameplay :-(

Actually, even those of us who HAVE sucessfully pre-ordered havn't paid for anything yet.

And this is Bioware we're talking about...it almost certainly IS for "story reasons".

Definitely. I remember when I was pumped about Rift coming out and they had trailers and plenty of gameplay vids of maxed out characters to at least see what you could look like. Need more info about gameplay :-(

This is a Bioware game, focusing on story. You're basically asking to skip to the end of the movie/book.

It's not likely to happen.

Edit: further more, where is your sense of adventure?? Why do people expect everything handed to them on a platter these days??

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Its made by bioware and even though they have slipped a bit in their past couple of projects i believe TOR will be a fun game for most players and will last for at least a month or six before lack of end game content causes burn out..

For many wow players TOR may become a permenant replacement for WoW if bioware can get the end game in place and good enough to satisfy the leet dude guilds...

As for me im quite jaded against a few publishers and EA is one of them so i have to force myself to buy anything they represent and if TOR wasnt being made by bioware i wouldnt even have considered it, however if a game can keep me playing for 1 week its a good solo game and if it can keep me playing 1 month its a good group game but if it can keep me playing 3 months group/raid/solo it is very likely a great game...

I forgot to mention the game has to get past day one first, and about 80% fail right there...

Playing GW2..

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

And if it isn't because of 'nefarious reasons'... it's because of leprechaun reasons. Wow, making assuming statements is totally easy if you don't have to back it up with an argument or evidence!

So here's the deal: You haven't paid for anything yet. At most you've pre-ordered a game. The NDA will lift before you're ever charged the full price of the game, and if the end game content doesn't thrill you, feel free to cancel the order. In fact, go ahead and cancel now. I've seen your posts, and there's nothing but hate and anger and suspicion. If you do ever end up playing I know you're going to hate the game no matter what's delivered. So why bother?

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Actually, even those of us who HAVE sucessfully pre-ordered havn't paid for anything yet.

And this is Bioware we're talking about...it almost certainly IS for "story reasons".

For story reasons is no reason not to tell us what kind of content it is. If I had know rift was going to pull the plug on 10 man raids 2 weeks before release, or that leveling in rifts was going to be nerfed into the ground in the transition from beta to release I wouldn't have pre-ordered (and im no not  likely to ever pre-order again). On the flip side, for some people, less that 25 man raids is not acceptable. All they want is good endgame content. Why would they pre-order?

I don't blame them for allowing us to pre-order early .. but I do blame myself for buying into it (Rift). 

Really though I would have played Rift anyway. It was fun for 2-3 months and worth the box price .. just arguing a point :) because more information would be appreciated. I probably wont ever pre-order again though.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Zefire

And if Swtor fails then what games are u going to look forward to.I think ill stick with diablo 3 and maybe tera.

So you are just asking this from the player prespective?   There is nothing I really would be playing.. just be outdoors more *gasp*  Actually I've been outside a lot anyway, especially during business calls *.*

If the game like.. failed as in at most broke even and died... then I'd be playing the "how fast will EA apply for restructuring protection" game.    I think they will make money on the pre-orders alone.. I was simply speculating for an alternative answer.. that's my AA experience for today.

• TurdinatorTurdinator Member Posts: 210

I wanted to know what u guys think about swtor.

Everyone has seen that the last mmos were full of promises full of advertisment and in the end every last one of those junks failed the mmo player base.If not all them most of the players were dissapointed.

FFxiv was a fail,Dcuo was good but very very sort with lack of content and customization and finally rift was moderate with bad optimiztion in the graphics meaning that aa and af were ultra unoptimized.Moreover the game had a lot of other flaws plus it was very boring and not fun at all.

All these games were promised to their gamers base that we are going to do magic.The result was the opposite.

Now we have bioware that they have made very nice games although da2 was a bit of fail in comparison to dao.

I watched some videos from comic con and some Bioware people were making big promises about swtor and if it was not that enough they said we pushed the release date back because ""we do not realeasing crap"".After hearing this i remembered what other studios had say to the crowd about their game and how badly failed.

What if Bioware is full of fake promises too.Are u ever going to trust them on an mmo or for singleplayer games?

And if Swtor fails then what games are u going to look forward to.I think ill stick with diablo 3 and maybe tera.

If SW:TOR fails, I guess my life will be over.   It is that important to me whether or not people think I'm playing a "cool" game.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Turdinator

I wanted to know what u guys think about swtor.

Everyone has seen that the last mmos were full of promises full of advertisment and in the end every last one of those junks failed the mmo player base.If not all them most of the players were dissapointed.

FFxiv was a fail,Dcuo was good but very very sort with lack of content and customization and finally rift was moderate with bad optimiztion in the graphics meaning that aa and af were ultra unoptimized.Moreover the game had a lot of other flaws plus it was very boring and not fun at all.

All these games were promised to their gamers base that we are going to do magic.The result was the opposite.

Now we have bioware that they have made very nice games although da2 was a bit of fail in comparison to dao.

I watched some videos from comic con and some Bioware people were making big promises about swtor and if it was not that enough they said we pushed the release date back because ""we do not realeasing crap"".After hearing this i remembered what other studios had say to the crowd about their game and how badly failed.

What if Bioware is full of fake promises too.Are u ever going to trust them on an mmo or for singleplayer games?

If SW:TOR fails, I guess my life will be over.   It is that important to me whether or not people think I'm playing a "cool" game.

lol :)

it wont fail, but it might not be the coolest game either. You'll have to live in the middle with the rest of us :)

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

Originally posted by azmundai

For story reasons is no reason not to tell us what kind of content it is. If I had know rift was going to pull the plug on 10 man raids 2 weeks before release, or that leveling in rifts was going to be nerfed into the ground in the transition from beta to release I wouldn't have pre-ordered (and im no not  likely to ever pre-order again). On the flip side, for some people, less that 25 man raids is not acceptable. All they want is good endgame content. Why would they pre-order?

I don't blame them for allowing us to pre-order early .. but I do blame myself for buying into it (Rift). 

Really though I would have played Rift anyway. It was fun for 2-3 months and worth the box price .. just arguing a point :) because more information would be appreciated. I probably wont ever pre-order again though.

well, there ya go. If you NEED to know this stuff before you buy the game, and don't trust Bioware's history of releasing superior games, the answer is simple:

Don't pre-order. Wait until release and more info becomes available.

You don't NEED those pre-order goodies anyway, now do you image

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

No release in Australia/New Zealand for 6-12 months with very likely IP and Credit Card blocking for users in that region who try to play on US servers.

SWTOR just became a major joke.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by TheCrow2k

No release in Australia/New Zealand for 6-12 months with very likely IP and Credit Card blocking for users in that region who try to play on US servers.

SWTOR just became a major joke.

How ya likin' that punchline?? image

.......sorry, I couldn't resist.....I tried, really....I tried.....

Actually more than anything I am sick of hearing about it from the local MMO community. I was already dissapointed by how certain parts of the game were shaping up but I still wanted to get it to play the storylines like I did with Kotor & Kotor2.

If they wait 6-12 months to release here I likely wont be playing unless it releases on sale for cheap like most new games once they reach 6-12 months of age.

I did have to laugh though, EA had a great release of Warhammer online here (except the oceania CD had corrupt files on it), to the point they had to add extra local servers to cope with demand and even then there were queues for the first couple of months. Until of course 3 months later people realised the game was a steaming pile of shit and they were never going to balance it properly.

So from me its a big FU very much to Bioware and EA.