Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: Get Your GamersFirst Account - Before August 1st

The team at Fallen Earth is making the full transition over to GamersFirst and it's all coming to a head on August 1st, as Fallen Earth becomes one with the GamersFirst publishing platform. Players will have to sign up for a GamersFirst Account and merge their new account with their Fallen Earth account, "Voltron Style"

* You will need a GamersFirst account to log in to Fallen Earth (which is no big deal, because we give them away for free so you should make one now)

* You will need to merge your Fallen Earth account with your G1 account Voltron-style to keep all your characters, reward points, and account history intact. This process will be available on August 1st. To active subscribers who complete this process by August 5th, we'll be handing out some free G1 Credits as our way of saying thank you for undertaking the transition! Which will be useful because...

* The Fallen Earth website is getting an eXtreme makeover! The Fallen Earth Store will now be integrated with the GamersFirst marketplace. From this point on you'll be able to use G1 Credits to purchase Fallen Earth Store items.

Read more at the Official Fallen Earth website.

Comments

• LorkLork Member Posts: 338
    Another one bites the dust. Good concept, poorly executed.
  • Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

who cares. I'm done with FE after G1 felt the need to dumb the game down.

What a waste.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

I think you mean "after August 1st," not "before August 1st." The system won't be available until August 1st.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

Whenever you have to merge with a gaming portal that is not a good idea.  I expect things to go further downhill from here.  It adds an air of desparation and makes a game "cheap".......as in inferior. 

I've been to gamersfirst.  The games they host are not the best so I wouldn't want to be included with them.

• motersmoters Member UncommonPosts: 73

Gamers first isnt good at all very sub par games oh well fallen earth was good now probley a fail game.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Bleh. Goodbye world of Fallen Earth.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

It can't be that bad, give it a chance, I know i will log in as soon as it becomes F2P, dont if that will be after the merge or some time later thou.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by alakram

It can't be that bad, give it a chance, I know i will log in as soon as it becomes F2P, dont if that will be after the merge or some time later thou.

I don't need to "give it a chance"....I just unsubbed last week.

The recent "NGE" (because that IS what it was) completely stripped down the game and made it worse than boring.

RIP another awesome game in an effort to attract the low-brow.

• LorkLork Member Posts: 338

The recent "NGE" (because that IS what it was) completely stripped down the game and made it worse than boring.

RIP another awesome game in an effort to attract the low-brow.

L.O.L. Great post. That pretty much sums up Fallen Earth.

+1 Interwebs

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Man, I've had some RL stuff going on - moving house, new job - and when I saw the ruckus on the forums around the time Alpha dropped I said I wouldn't log in for a bit til they fixed it up.

Idly wondering if it's fixed, but I haven't logged in yet.

Don't get me wrong, I've played FE for nearly two years now and  loved it (flaws and all), but I think it's weird that I haven't checked it out yet.

I'm going to blame working 13 hour shifts, and hope that's all it is.

• tshack88tshack88 Member Posts: 48

So G1 has control now eh?  Well they'll probably let all the hackers come in and do what they want, make it pay2win, and start releasing patches that do the opposite of what the community asks.  All that damn company cares about is extra money in their pockets.  They don't pay enough attention to the people that actually matter; their users.

• DunkareDunkare Member Posts: 33

its still a great game!

its different than before and the alpha patch was buggy, yes. but i and many others are still enjoying it. most of the rage quitters are pvpers who refuse to accept change. its true the new combat system needs balancing and a lot of fine tuning, but its still better than the old one.

and dont doom f2p if you dont know the details. nothing is going to change for subscribers. there will be no must-have-or-cant-play items like in runes of magic, there will be no $60 permanent equipment like in apb. its going to be nothing but an unlimited trial for free. then you can choose if youd like to play for free with trial restrictions, pay for items that remove those restrictions for a limited time or go full subscriber. cant see anything bad about that.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

any game that isn't following the tried and true LOTRO model is doomed to failure, i just hope they make it just as fun as i am finding lotro to be right now.

• TimacekTimacek Member UncommonPosts: 182

simple emergency heal

FE should take sandbox course

1. make repaired thing lost max durability. (swg model)

2. make karma system and open pvp (uo model)

3. start working on housing/renting houses model, on herding horses, growing crops, guild politics,player vendors  etc etc.

since crafting is rather ok in the FE the killing of it is the indestructible items basicaly shuting fown the economy as well.