Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do so many people post about poor graphics?

RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Even if you do fix the optimization problems with the graphics, you still have a rather bland game with really poor game mechanics.

So I just don't understand why everyone seems to be so focused on the graphics.

Personally I like the cartoony style of graphics - it's everything else I don't like that forced me to uninstall the game.

- I hate the intro area's to the game - boring and uninspired and rather pointless.

- The pve is absolutely some of the worst mob AI I've ever seen in a game - they basically sit their waiting to die. Boss mobs? Uninspired, boring fights. Mudslide is the only one that really is a challenge.

- UI - is clunky and unwieldly.

- Character Custumization at start up - very bland and uninspired.

- PVP - personally I like stuns, slows, knockdowns, etc... with immunity timers it adds a tactical element to pvp fights. Dev's seem to not like them, so pvp becomes dps out as quickly as possible trumps all.

- Healer wards are silly - forcing you to stand in one particular area, be immobile or lose the wards benefits.

- RVR - waste of time poorly implemented. Make you stand under a light pole while timer switches over to your side and you have to do it 3 seperate times for most zones. BORING!

Now you can disagree with me and tell me why wards are a great idea, or that it's not the worst pve - you've played games with even worse pve and how you have some great pvp fights and so much fun.... blah, blah, blah, but the truth is no one is playing this game.

So I can't be that far off in my opinions.

Love or hate the graphics, even if you fixed the graphics there's is a host of other problems that make this a very lacklustre boring repetitve game to play.

I'd say on the fun scale it ranks 2 out of 5. 

Comments

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Originally posted by zigmund

- I hate the intro area's to the game - boring and uninspired and rather pointless.

Have you been to Northshire Abbey?

- The pve is absolutely some of the worst mob AI I've ever seen in a game - they basically sit their waiting to die. Boss mobs? Uninspired, boring fights. Mudslide is the only one that really is a challenge.

I honestly cannot recall the last MMO I played where once a MOB was agro'd they did anything but whack on your until it was their turn to be whacked back.

WoW you chose face, hair, and a skin color.

- PVP - personally I like stuns, slows, knockdowns, etc... with immunity timers it adds a tactical element to pvp fights. Dev's seem to not like them, so pvp becomes dps out as quickly as possible trumps all.

- Healer wards are silly - forcing you to stand in one particular area, be immobile or lose the wards benefits.

Seems like the tactical element you were looking for, you just don't like this one. Besides, Shaman totems anyone?

- RVR - waste of time poorly implemented. Make you stand under a light pole while timer switches over to your side and you have to do it 3 seperate times for most zones. BORING!

Arathi Basin? Heck, this was the entire design of Hellfire Penninsula.

Now I understand that you don't care for the game and that's alright. But since a lot of its design is taken directly from World of Warcraft, and we know their numbers. I am going to postulate that atleast a few other people will like the game. I think they are going to do just fine. DOOOOOOOMMMM!! Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Warzod

Originally posted by zigmund

Have you been to Northshire Abbey?

I honestly cannot recall the last MMO I played where once a MOB was agro'd they did anything but whack on your until it was their turn to be whacked back.

WoW you chose face, hair, and a skin color.

Seems like the tactical element you were looking for, you just don't like this one. Besides, Shaman totems anyone?

Arathi Basin? Heck, this was the entire design of Hellfire Penninsula.

Now I understand that you don't care for the game and that's alright. But since a lot of its design is taken directly from World of Warcraft, and we know their numbers. I am going to postulate that atleast a few other people will like the game. I think they are going to do just fine. DOOOOOOOMMMM!! Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Way to compare it to WoW as if it's a good thing. WoW does these things, and it's successful, so this is a good game?

Yeah, you and every MMO developer out there right now seems to think so too.

• DreigonIdrieDreigonIdrie Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by zymurgeist

The game is completely schizophrenic. They built a PvP game business model entirely around PvE leveling. There current efforts are aimed an increasing the length of an already painful and joyless leveling process. This is why the game is failing. Fix everything else in the game and people will still stay away in droves.

Yep, and their players who were with them from the start told them this. We told them we need the content you promised in your interviews. We told them we were there to pvp  not to prolong pve. We told them your game is dying because you are listening to a small majority of rabid fanboi carebear posters instead of the other 95 percent of your population. But they chose not to listen, and you see the results. Honestly I expected more of of Sean "Ashen" and shadowbane crew.