Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

talent trees are so nerdy

spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

and I don't mean this as a slur on anyone- they just really are:

Here we go:

Communion:

Your auras increase your party and raid's damage dealt by 3%, and your own damage is increased by an additional 2% at all times. In addition, your Judgement causes Replenishment.

Replenishment - Grants up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 1% of their maximum mana per 10 sec. Lasts for 15 sec.

huh?

Gives the caster a chance to deal additional Holy damage equal to 7% of normal weapon damage. Lasts 30 sec.

Oh no not 7%!

Selfless Healer:

Reduces the cooldown of Word of Glory by 5 sec. In addition, when you heal others with your Word of Glory, it increases the effectiveness of the heal by 25% and increases your damage done by 2% per charge of Holy Power for 10 sec.
Say again?

I might invent one like this:

When looking north increases your holy light by 32.1%, decreases your parry ability by 16% and increases your attack power by 287. When you have your back to the enemy your seal of command procs for 4.5% more damage.

I hope I'm hired.

Comments

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269

Your point is?

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Isn't... the entire.... game... nerdy?

Isn't this website nerdy?

Isn't posting on the forums here "nerdy"?

If you're a contributor to this site in any fashion, I'm sorry... but you're a nerd.

That said.  WoW gives a lot of people a lot of fun.  So even though I personally don't like it, I respect it for that.

• LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153

The point is clear as water...

New talen trees are nerdy, absurd, dumbed down and almost the same in most cases...

But, but, but he attacked me when I was low life! 

Yes, HE DID, why you cant do the same to him? 

Uf that will take me a lot of time... 

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

was going to post my sheer irony that I'm posting on a mmorpg forum on the internet. :D

But yeah for gods sake who turned WoW into a bloody accountants game.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I don't think talent trees are nerdy enough...

I prefer the nerdier way you buy feats in DDO instead.

But I want to go further and let you buy all your skills for points so not all characters of the same class are so similar, yeah, I know that is the point of talent trees as well but they are not even close to advanced enough. 

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

WoW's talent trees are not nearly nerd enough. Rift is closer, but I'm looking for full on nerdness. The homogenization of the talent trees in WoW was one of the (many) major reasons I left and will never go back.

Amen Loke666. Preach it.

Joined - July 2004

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

oi oi, I said the original post I wasn't slurring anyone. I just think it's a little bit nerdy(as a definition) that is the need for ridiculous stat details. It may as well be Eve Online!

This as I'm on a trial I'd say is one of the aspects that alienates me, as a casual player, from the game. I'm not sure I'm the only one. I'm thinking of making quite a good suggestion on the forum. (not removing this stats- but making perhaps a sort of recommended route)

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

If you want nerdy go play Anarchy Online or look up a transversal velocity chart for EVE.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• EscargonEscargon Member Posts: 78

I dont get it but the new talent trees are made for kids anyway, you cant pick any wrong talent anymore rofl.

Yawn

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

Originally posted by spades07

oi oi, I said the original post I wasn't slurring anyone. I just think it's a little bit nerdy(as a definition) that is the need for ridiculous stat details. It may as well be Eve Online!

This as I'm on a trial I'd say is one of the aspects that alienates me, as a casual player, from the game. I'm not sure I'm the only one. I'm thinking of making quite a good suggestion on the forum. (not removing this stats- but making perhaps a sort of recommended route)

If you think _this_ is nerdy and even mention EvE Online in the same train of thought, you Sir have no idea what would be coming for you when you actually _did_ play EvE Online xD

As for WoWs talent trees, they're actually dumbed down, and far less number crunching than before. And that says a lot since WoW was never about lots and lots of numbers...

M

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Originally posted by spades07

was going to post my sheer irony that I'm posting on a mmorpg forum on the internet. :D

But yeah for gods sake who turned WoW into a bloody accountants game.

have you played eve online?