Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft headed to Brazil ?

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

It is desperation time and we need to expand quickly!

Link: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/22/world-of-warcraft-coming-to-brazil/

Comments

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Link: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/22/world-of-warcraft-coming-to-brazil/

Can't believe they didn't market there already. Well anyway, with all the oil riches Brazil is getting ready to rake in now is as good a time as any.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

this again? " desperation " time, only surprise they didnt do it earlier.. but it was in the works for ages now, ( br localization ) so nothing new or different..

• VulskoVulsko Member Posts: 80

br? br? br?

algeum br?

tu madre es mierda!

The terms I know. X_X

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

They should release all the expansions in the base game for this marked. The game would pretty much be such a giant amount of concentrated content that for people to be exposed to it for the first time, would... it would take them a very very very long time to see all the sights and crannies, for someone who has never played it before, and don't know anything about it.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

According to the leaked release shedual this was planned a long time ago;

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Yes but I bet it will be a trimmed down version, and in fact considering this is Brazil, it could turn out to be completely bare.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by Vulsko

br? br? br?

algeum br?

tu madre es mierda!

The terms I know. X_X

"tu madre es mierda"  you'll never read/hear it from a Brasilian... sorry but we speak portuguese not spanish...

Blizz dont need to be desperate to release WoW here. They are doing this because they belive in the Brasilian market. As they did with Starcraft 2 (full voiced and text in brasilian portuguese). They are doing a smart move, a REALLY smart move. No other mmorpg now will be able to compete with WoW in my country. They'll be selling the game and the subscription with prices ajusted to our reallity. You pay 15  USD  to play WoW, we'll pay 15 BRL (reais),  1 dolar = 1.5 reais +-  ,  a very fair price.

I'm not a WoW player but i'm just happy blizz is doing this, our game market will grow tons because of it... i have no doubt about it.