Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bioware is like blizzard here is why.

I remember when people made fun of blizzard who had never made any mmorpg in their life.

MMoplayers back then said wow would fail,  and that blizzard had no experience  in the mmo industry and such.

Bioware is similiar in this position. Dont make fun of a quality of the company until its released.

Sure bioware had never made mmorpg, thats what the mmoplayers said back before wow was born.

So dont judge the book by its cover.

Look what wow has became over the years, and people thinks blizzard woudl fail in the mmorpg industry back then.

Comments

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

those of you skeptics, ill say give bioware a chance its BIOWARE (they know what their doing).

Back before world of warcraft was born, there were skeptics too. They didnt think world of warcraft was extremely successful.

In fact there were mmorpgers back then dismissed blizzard's WOW.

• malfury1malfury1 Member Posts: 19

All your sentences are saying the same thing over and over. And tell me, why do you care what other people think?

• jjjk29jjjk29 Member Posts: 295

Don't worry about the community on this site.  This site hardly represents a small fraction of the genre players.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I was there and people werent saying that at all.  People were saying blizzard were brilliant and their warcraft IP would make a great mmorpg.  Dont make stuff up.

• jjjk29jjjk29 Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by svann

I was there and people werent saying that at all.  People were saying blizzard were brilliant and their warcraft IP would make a great mmorpg.  Dont make stuff up.

I also remember the hate it got during launch and how they had to give out free time because of how bad launch was.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Ditto.  I was around then as well and never saw much negativity at ALL regarding WoW or Blizzard.  People were calling them brilliant, just like you said.  Not sure where this guy was that he heard such polar opposites.  ???

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Originally posted by jjjk29

Don't worry about the community on this site.  This site hardly represents a small fraction of the genre players.

This. 

I think both Blizzard and Bioware are great companies. It is a pretty safe bet that most people who respect those two companies for their previous games are willing to go out on a limb and look at any of their future products with optomism. 

Originally posted by jjjk29

I also remember the hate it got during launch and how they had to give out free time because of how bad launch was.

This just shows how far people will go based on a companies reputation. If that happened with anyone else beside Blizzard, people will flat out give up on them. (As they have in the past)  It makes you wonder if Bioware will have the same result.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by just1opinion

Ditto.  I was around then as well and never saw much negativity at ALL regarding WoW or Blizzard.  People were calling them brilliant, just like you said.  Not sure where this guy was that he heard such polar opposites.  ???

Third.

I remember that time well, and all I was hearing was how great it was. The only negative things I heard from ANYONE was the wait times to log in and play. At that time the most opposition I saw to the game were players wondering whether they should give up EQ2 or not for WoW, lol.

• hellshankshellshanks Member Posts: 144

Personally, I think Devs need to make somthing other than an MMO, before they make an MMO. Because They all look cookie-cutter, and when you have artists who make art for different genres, Coders who code something other than "pressing one casts zomgblast" ECT ECT. Your company develops a diversity, which they can bring into the MMO industry, so we don't have 10000 of the same game. 

I think in some form that a ton of MMOs fail to meet expectations because the company behind them is not a company with a history. Besides Blizzard and Bioware, the MMO genre has not had any big names developing games. They have all been exclusively MMORPG developers. (Most of them developed one game prior at the most)

I understand these companies tend to hire from other companies of people who do have experience, but the reality of it is that the culture of the company can have a great affect on the outcome of the game. When people have not worked together before it can create conflicts and problems that are not there with a company that has an enviroment where people have worked together for a long time. Companies like Blizzard and Bioware have a long history with different titles. Even if you took another company that has not created as stellar a lineup of titles (UbiSoft for example) they have a stronger potential at a big hit then a company who has not worked together before.

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

im glad you all agree with me , all im saying in this thread is DONT underestimate Bioware.

MMorpg players  didnt think Blizzard can be successful in mmorpg with world of warcraft either back then. Look at wow now.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

All except for the end game gear grind manotony, I hope Bioware will be half as good as Blizzard. I am not a huge WoW fan, but you cannot argue that WoW is a highly polished game.

Originally posted by bigsmiff

All except for the end game gear grind manotony, I hope Bioware will be half as good as Blizzard. I am not a huge WoW fan, but you cannot argue that WoW is a highly polished game.

Judging by the 11 million people who like the gear grind, I would say that those types of games are far from the minority. 

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Furor

im glad you all agree with me , all im saying in this thread is DONT underestimate Bioware.

MMorpg players  didnt think Blizzard can be successful in mmorpg with world of warcraft either back then. Look at wow now.

Oh I'm not underestimating Bioware.  I'm just not impressed by what I have seen so far.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

i hardly take anything from these forums seriously. This forum doesn't even represent 1% of the subscriber base. Look at WoW board, its filled with qq topics but WoW is still the king of video games with 10 mil+ people logging in everyday to gear grind. I also gurantee you that the guys who are creating this *i don't like this game or GW 2 is the next wow* topics are the first ones who pre ordered it.

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I dunno after how depthless ME2 and Da2 was I have little faith in bioware anymore, and from what I heard sw:tor is just another world of warcraft clone in the making, same boring combat, same boring linear quest grind, I bet it won't even have faction vs faction pvp with land control, which is something SW: ToR should have considering the 2 factions that are involved, would give a use to raid gear too, bascally you pve raid to get the best gear to pvp in if you choose to pvp, but have enough carrot-on-a-stick for the ex-wowtards. Compared to wow, where raid gear serves no purpose at all.

Bioware will get a ton of sales though from blind and silly SW/Bioware fanboys, they could probally wrap a piece of feces in a box and as long as it has bioware or SW on it people would buy it even if they knew nothing about the boxes contents. Oh and yes, fanboys actually can be that rabid, some guy in japan bought 5000 copies of some single by a idol he liked, 5000 of the SAME song.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

EDIT:

Weird my post was meant for another thread. But I'll give this one a shot np.

I agree, Bioware has no realistic chance of launching another darkfall or mortal online. That is just not an option. Will it be solo based with multiplayer added? Very likely, but that is the trend for MMOs. Most ppl on this forum fail to see that and dream of a time of forced grouping, hardcore grinds and sandbox. I hope they do get a top notch titel some time in the future and maybe this forum will be a nicer place =P

Also from what I remember of the launch of WoW ppl werent exactly saying blizzard was fail, but there was idd alot of free playtime handed out due to server issues mostly.

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

no no no...the real reason why Bioware is like Blizzard is because both companies name start with a B, duh!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by ormstunga

My expectations are resonable. 150$ is nowhere near a fortune, for me. Unlike you, I like starwars alot and I see myself playing this game for many years unless it is really subpar (read: darkfall, mortal online etc. no offense to ppl enjoying said games! but they are not top notch titels) and I dont see how that can seriously happen with Bioware producing it. Will it be WoW in space? With a few new features that's actually good enough for me. I'm not expecting an MMO revolution or the next coming of christ. I'm still buying the CE tho.

As far as I can tell the only "new" feature it has so far is the voiced class storylines, other than that it offers nothing really new, least thats my assumption from videos i've seen. Looks very wow-ish and generic to me. Then again if I can get in to try the game and its not like this, i'll end up eating my words.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

Originally posted by Siveria

Originally posted by ormstunga

My expectations are resonable. 150$ is nowhere near a fortune, for me. Unlike you, I like starwars alot and I see myself playing this game for many years unless it is really subpar (read: darkfall, mortal online etc. no offense to ppl enjoying said games! but they are not top notch titels) and I dont see how that can seriously happen with Bioware producing it. Will it be WoW in space? With a few new features that's actually good enough for me. I'm not expecting an MMO revolution or the next coming of christ. I'm still buying the CE tho.

As far as I can tell the only "new" feature it has so far is the voiced class storylines, other than that it offers nothing really new, least thats my assumption from videos i've seen. Looks very wow-ish and generic to me. Then again if I can get in to try the game and its not like this, i'll end up eating my words.

Yes sorry this post was meant for another thread, dunno what happened.

But anyways, I meant smaller features like housing, companions etc nothing groundbreaking or genre first at all but just small things that add some flavor.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

were not making fun of Bioware for having never made an MMO, were making fun of them because they blew half a billion dollars on voice overs instead of the 80% of other standard MMO features.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Even more funny is you people who keep repeating the half billion dollar lie that was debunked many months ago.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by just1opinion

Third.

I remember that time well, and all I was hearing was how great it was. The only negative things I heard from ANYONE was the wait times to log in and play. At that time the most opposition I saw to the game were players wondering whether they should give up EQ2 or not for WoW, lol.

Funny, I guess memory is selective because I wasn't even an MMO player at the time and I recall that Blizzard was indeed criticized in just such a way and in quite a few other ways as well, altho I think what Blizzard endured was nothing compared to all the critcism Bioware has had to endure.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by ktanner3

Even more funny is you people who keep repeating the half billion dollar lie that was debunked many months ago.

Heh, I'll second that. Some people just hate to let go of a good lie, and the more outrageous the lie is the more they want to cling to it.