Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ff xiv

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

can someone please explain to me why it takes hours for a small download on this game..i,ve been doing the update now for 7 hrs and i,m at 77% and also what am i uploading because i ahve been stuck at that percentage for ages while uploading..wtf is that and why so long plz.

Comments

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

The standard downloader is performing horribly. If you can, use a seperate torrent client to download the patches.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Does anyone have any good info on how to do this?

All die, so die well.

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272

i forget where, but when you run the updater it puts torrent files in one of the ffxiv folders.  do a search for .torrent or something, but once you find that folder just open the torrent files in utorrent or whatever you use.

• raamozraamoz Member UncommonPosts: 114

DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIVdownloadsffxiv48eca647metainfo

That's where the torrent files are, just open it in a torrent program like uTorrent and download it with that.

The latest patch is named: D2011.07.20.0000.torrent

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I had this same problem.  I used uTorrent to download it in ~10 seconds, it took the updater about 30 minutes to get to 2.2% lol.

• sirulrichsirulrich Member Posts: 1

i had same problim tell i started useing bit host with in 30min im at 18.9%

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

That is another reason i will not play this mess of a game. two collector edition down the drain .. they need to fix the crap patcher and alot of ingame stuff.   mostly the patcher i will not torrent patchs to a mmo was going to be AAA game.