Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM's supporting AQ

Comments

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by deathshroud

this is so untrue i just dont know what to say, please quote black opal saying something that was proven to be a lie?

lolwut

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

this is so untrue i just dont know what to say, please quote black opal saying something that was proven to be a lie?

Shall we simply start with this?

Old Today, 18:46

Community Manager

The development team is busy with working on Dawn, and the resources are best spent there instead of arranging for a manufacturing company to start stamping some 10 000 discs that by the time they arrive to the people who want them, will already be well out of date.

For the time being Mortal Online is still being patched often enough that any CD will become obsolete long before it arrives. This is not something we wish to do, as that will lead to disappointment.

Share MO with others

Remember when he said that one year after release they couldn't send the discs to their customers that were waiting over a year for them?  Because they were too busy.. and didn't want to disappoint the customers.....

Is there ANYONE who believes that to be the truth?   I mean.. even SV made him take that post down quickly and then lock/delete the thread like it never happened.

Anyhow.. whether the community manager is a liar or not is really irrelevant to this thread... what matter is that there is yet ANOTHER instance of poor GM behavior directly influencing a major conflict in the game..

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SaunakillerSaunakiller Member Posts: 57
    ROFLMAO!!! Slapshot you REALLY can't have a life outside your hate to MO. Which normal person saves info like this!?!? Even though your right here, but does any1 in this day and age care about a stupid disc that was way outdated either way? No, except for you then ofc. Funny as hell you are!!! *talks like Yoda*
  • KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

I was following this game for a long time before it was released but I still haven't tried it. Smart move on my part. I hate hearing this kind of shit.

• DreCat11DreCat11 Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Saunakiller

ROFLMAO!!! Slapshot you REALLY can't have a life outside your hate to MO. Which normal person saves info like this!?!? Even though your right here, but does any1 in this day and age care about a stupid disc that was way outdated either way? No, except for you then ofc. Funny as hell you are!!! *talks like Yoda*

So your telling me the EXTRA 30 dallors I paid for the box verison is wasted? Who cares about 30 dallors?

If you dont, then i dont mind taking 30 dollar's from you. They promised and failed failed again and again.

They cheated their own players and you expect everyone to be happy?

Plus with all this shit going on in game, with dupes, exploits, and GM corruption.

We mad cause we supported this game and GOT SCAMMED

simple as that

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

No, I am not going back, this is the same stuff that went down 5 months ago when my clan was a part of an attack. Walls were put up and it was discovered that the GM who was a member of the other clan was doing it. Nothing new here.

My main complaint is the GM's keep saying they are sorry but repay nothing. Any know how hard it is to get  50 dudes online at the same time and motivated, organized, armed and out the door for an attack? No way, my love for MO is gone and nothing will help it return. Fool me once, same on you. FOOL  me twice......

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

When are people gonna learn the game lacks any of the proper tools to do anything like having a siege.  That is why you have GMs that really do not know what they hell they are doing from week to week.  One week it is ok to log out in chaos keep one week it isnt alowed in AQ keep.  here is a good response from someone in the poll for having a catapult on top of a keep and I can not agree more.

Such a broken game... It's amazing how you guys keep tolerating such broken stuff... SV is lucky to have such a dedicated fanbase.

Anyway, on the topic, clearly, it should be allowed and there should clearly be counters (such as destroying the door). Key word being "should".

It reminds me of when there was scandals because people would shoot arrows through palisade slits...

Didn't Henrik himself said he was planning to let players build somekind of defensive weapons on walls or something like that a couple months ago?

Anyway, this war just shows how broken the game is and how it cruelly lacks proper war, siege and territory capture mechanics. Not to mention that it doesn't support large battles.

Go through all the bullet points of the "features" they have in game, and in some way or another it is a place holder, bugged to hell, not working as intended,  bugged to hell, or disabled. 

Originally posted by DreCat11

So your telling me the EXTRA 30 dallors I paid for the box verison is wasted? Who cares about 30 dallors?

If you dont, then i dont mind taking 30 dollar's from you. They promised and failed failed again and again.

Plus with all this shit going on in game, with dupes, exploits, and GM corruption.

simple as that

You didn't pay any extra for it. You paid for the game and was suppose to get the cd disc in a lame ass box. You got the game through DL, since the disc was out of date anyhow. And if you hate the game so much, why want a stupid disc? I don't say that it was right done by SV, but to stire up a storm over that stupid disc is just stupid. Who gives... And bringing that old thing up as a argument and having saved the quote on your computer for times like these makes Slapshot a hilarious character. Even if he's "right". And I've read back on alot of his 2000 comments or so on MO. The guy is obsessed with kicking on SV and MO on a bad spot. Even when they lay down after having stupid GMs doing their bidding. That Discord guy has to go, and Slapshot needs a new hobby...

Originally posted by Moreplex

When are people gonna learn the game lacks any of the proper tools to do anything like having a siege.  That is why you have GMs that really do not know what they hell they are doing from week to week.  One week it is ok to log out in chaos keep one week it isnt alowed in AQ keep.  here is a good response from someone in the poll for having a catapult on top of a keep and I can not agree more.

Such a broken game... It's amazing how you guys keep tolerating such broken stuff... SV is lucky to have such a dedicated fanbase.

Anyway, on the topic, clearly, it should be allowed and there should clearly be counters (such as destroying the door). Key word being "should".

It reminds me of when there was scandals because people would shoot arrows through palisade slits...

Didn't Henrik himself said he was planning to let players build somekind of defensive weapons on walls or something like that a couple months ago?

Anyway, this war just shows how broken the game is and how it cruelly lacks proper war, siege and territory capture mechanics. Not to mention that it doesn't support large battles.

Go through all the bullet points of the "features" they have in game, and in some way or another it is a place holder, bugged to hell, not working as intended,  bugged to hell, or disabled. 

I am glad I copy and pasted this it was deleted pretty quick.

You didn't pay any extra for it. You paid for the game and was suppose to get the cd disc in a lame ass box. You got the game through DL, since the disc was out of date anyhow. And if you hate the game so much, why want a stupid disc? I don't say that it was right done by SV, but to stire up a storm over that stupid disc is just stupid. Who gives... And bringing that old thing up as a argument and having saved the quote on your computer for times like these makes Slapshot a hilarious character. Even if he's "right". And I've read back on alot of his 2000 comments or so on MO. The guy is obsessed with kicking on SV and MO on a bad spot. Even when they lay down after having stupid GMs doing their bidding. That Discord guy has to go, and Slapshot needs a new hobby...

1st for the record that disc cost $30 more than the digital copy (guestimate.. can't be bothered to look it up).  So yeah, if they wanted to refund the difference between the disc version and digital that would be great, but they haven't.

2nd Umm...  I hate to break it to you and ruin your impression here, but it's not "saved on my computer".  It's this newfangled technology they just came out with called "forum search button".   In this case: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4174934#4174934

Anyhow, now that I have explained the seemingly magical way I found the post.. let's get back to the topic at hand since the quote was only brought up in response to a challenge to find previous lies by the CM

PS: Is Boras Sweden close to Malmo?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

That Discord guy has to go, and Slapshot needs a new hobby...

As opposed to you.. posting on the same website, the same forums, the same thread. Sounds like you should leave his hobby alone. It's fun for him (and me, personally).

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by osmunda

"It also appeared that a member of the attacking force had managed to logout inside of the keep and open the door."

He is not saying that someone did log out inside the keep, he saying that it appeared that way (i.e. Discord assumed that it was an exploit, not an error that  he had introduced himself.)

I've been playing MO again for the last few weeks, for anyone else who plays you get it ,  for those who don't ... its a never ending struggle against bugs and exploits.

The only thing in all of this that pisses me off is this isn't the first time the whole " someone glitched into my keep, logged out then opened the door" bit has been documented. The same exploit that Discord reacted so strongly to was witnessed by Gm's at earlier keep attacks, assests were lost and NOTHING was done.

Under the above premise, even if Discord did thought that SS was exploiting ( Video seems pretty cut and dry) , why the flip flop? People have been glitching into keeps and opening the doors since I got back ... and not one response from a GM.

/shrug -- You can only bash your head against a wall for so long, this fiasco aside .... the bugs and lack of support for large conflict is killing the game.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

the disc does work so what is the point of this arguemnt? we asked the gms to watch the siege carefully they knew nobody could have possibly gotten into the keep throguh any means other than exploiting because they were watching the keep at the time. they however didnt realise that when 1 of the gms had been checking the players logged out within the keep it had unlocked the keep doors which resulted in ss getting in with them thinknig exploit.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• DreCat11DreCat11 Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by DreCat11

simple as that

Ummm lets see a digital copy was 30 dollars less than the box, hmmmmmmmmm i didnt pay extra at all

your math makes perfect sence, i got the game but paid 30 dallors more for a box with a cd and other shit and i didnt get it but its okay i only paid 30 dallors more,maybe with your math SV hasnt done anything wrong.

get my point

the DISC WORKS. If you didnt get the disc contact sv.

The point is the game lacks the proper tools and is so broken that if you want to have a fight with more than 5 people you need to have a GM around.  And when you have that GM around be prepaired for him to make a retarded call.  I have never ever played a game where you had to contact a GM during a siege to make sure the other side was not cheating.

Listen to any youtube video during a siege GMS are called most of the time.  This game is 14 months past release.  Lets not kid ourselves it is a paid Alpha.

more than 25 people in a fight and problems start to arise, thats true. But having a gm aronud was only necesary due to the buggy houses and keeps currently.

more than 25 people in a fight and problems start to arise, thats true. But having a gm aronud was only necesary due to the buggy houses and keeps currently.

The houses and Keeps have been Buggy since they were introduced what is new?

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by Icemasta

Still doesn't change the fact that it was badly handled.

No argument there. Even from Black Opal's account of events, it sounds like they think it was badly handled. As to the statement about GM's not intervening in the game in the future, they probably just shouldn't have said it.  Sometimes, that type of rapid response is needed. (Not this time though)

Just some critics of MO seem to argue the worst possible case for every situation.

When even an admission of error/fault is met with accusations that it's just a cover for corruption, why should a developer be open about any problems?

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

A Game Master that kills players within a game world.. is abusing his power to the Nth degree.

Teleporting, rooting..etc. To put them in purgetory while they discuss the situation is common. But to arbitrailly start killing players for any reason isd a massive abuse of power. Any CEO, or Dev member that allows suchna thing has lost touch on reality.

Secondly, who cares what was going on (glitch, or not). If someone continues to do so (& is already notified that is is considered an exploit) then there is NOTHING to argue with when u get a 20 day ban, for knowingly abusing an exploit. You don't have to kill players, you have to make them respect your developers wishes.

That said, MOrtal Online (under Henrik) is an utter joke. FOr all the complaining people do, they still won't leran a simple leasson...  Stop paying them. If everyone just unsubbed.. within DAYS henrik would be removed.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

I've said it before and I'll say it again. MO, the biggest scam to hit the MMO market since Dark & Light...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

the DISC WORKS. If you didnt get the disc contact sv.

No.. it doesn't.   It just defaults to a complete download of the digital version.  People who bought the disc were sold the game client AND ALL PRE-RELEASE UPDATES freely shipped on disc to them.  Instead they got a beta disc 7 months before launch with a promise that the real discs would be sent out at launch (remember, we were told that's the reason there was room for 2 in the disc holder).   Once again though, that is irrelevant to this thread.  As you can see from the post I copied above, the Community Manager confirmed that the discs were promised but said SV just couldn't get the new ones made because they were "busy" and didn't want to "disappoint" their customers.   Sorry, but one year after release with no discs makes those comments an outright lie, which is what someone asked for proof of.  If you would like to continue discussion of the discs feel free to do some in another thread.

As has been said before, if this were an issolated incident some might give SV the benefit of the doubt.  It's not... there is a clear pattern of GM interference and favoritism.  

Again:

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

1st for the record that disc cost $30 more than the digital copy (guestimate.. can't be bothered to look it up).  So yeah, if they wanted to refund the difference between the disc version and digital that would be great, but they haven't.

2nd Umm...  I hate to break it to you and ruin your impression here, but it's not "saved on my computer".  It's this newfangled technology they just came out with called "forum search button".   In this case: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4174934#4174934

Anyhow, now that I have explained the seemingly magical way I found the post.. let's get back to the topic at hand since the quote was only brought up in response to a challenge to find previous lies by the CM

Perhaps then, compared to the digital copy now, but not compared to how it was back then, when you also got access to different BETA blocks. Secondly, you just forum search "lies told Black Opal" and got that quote that was deleted from the MO forums like you said. And you've been adicted to discredtiting SV and MO for your whole MMORPG career. It's a sick hobby you have. Trying to tell me this ain't true? If I don't like a game etc I move on and never look back. What you are doing is borderline obsessive...
    And since your so good on forum searching, can't you look up how "close" Boras is to Malmo. What that has to do we anything is beyond me...

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Perhaps then, compared to the digital copy now, but not compared to how it was back then, when you also got access to different BETA blocks. Secondly, you just forum search "lies told Black Opal" and got that quote that was deleted from the MO forums like you said. And you've been adicted to discredtiting SV and MO for your whole MMORPG career. It's a sick hobby you have. Trying to tell me this ain't true? If I don't like a game etc I move on and never look back. What you are doing is borderline obsessive... And since your so good on forum searching, can't you look up how "close" Boras is to Malmo. What that has to do we anything is beyond me...

If people like Slapshot did not exsist then there would be only fanboys saying " The patch was great, there are no bugs, this is the best game ever."  and there would be  alot of people buying the lies then the game and getting pissed off.

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by Moreplex

If people like Slapshot did not exsist then there would be only fanboys saying " The patch was great, there are no bugs, this is the best game ever."  and there would be  alot of people buying the lies then the game and getting pissed off.

I would say we have about 25 minutes until a fanboy comes in and shouts "BUT SV COULD MAKE THE GAME BETTER WITH THE MONEY FROM THOSE PEOPLE!!!!"