Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM's supporting AQ

DreCat11DreCat11 Member Posts: 33

SS went on a raid to destory AQ's Keep and the GMS killed of the SS without warning or questioning, claiming they exploited inside the keep, that being said here is the video

There was a forum post in MO about his and was deleted instalty.

This is all linked to Russians vids where he claimed that they were corrupt.

Now we see this!

What you think!

EDIT: here is Russians channel: more videos of unexplainable GM corruption

Comments

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

I've heard stories like this before, particularly during the early days of Darkfall. The sad thing is that the game itself is hardly worth playing, that after hearing something like this (again, if it's true) it leaves little reason for someone like me, who is admired in sandbox MMO's, to ever resubscribe.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• RussiannRussiann Member Posts: 24

Well I made an account,

Suprised? I aint, this has been going on since Relaese, how do i know? well I'll show you proof in my next video to come!

Dont play MO till they get rid of the Mod team, they need to do major changes in MO,

Game is fallin apart, Bugs, exploits, etc

Game is bad, It was better in closed beta (alpha stage which it still is) but anyway

Check out my vids if you havent seen the corruption of MO

http://www.youtube.com/russianmafiaa

Well, stay tuned for a explosive video coming soon!

Thanks,

Russian

• ezduzitezduzit Member Posts: 112

I'm not an MO player but I hope the entire MMO community comes to your defense and support this thread. If it could happen in this game, it could happen to others. I hope this goes viral. 

If you can get someone to interivew those MO GM's like this guy did to an SWG GM, I call it mission accomplished. 

Fight on bros. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UXM_BLAQg

• ezduzitezduzit Member Posts: 112

And tell it like it is like this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03r6f-K7kS0&feature=related

• RussiannRussiann Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by ezduzit

And tell it like it is like this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03r6f-K7kS0&feature=related

Well the problem is Mortal Online isnt worth to even be talked about... its a Paid Beta Game with bugs and expoilts, and a population of 200.

Sad but true

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by Icemasta

Originally posted by Lawlmonster

I've heard stories like this before, particularly during the early days of Darkfall. The sad thing is that the game itself is hardly worth playing, that after hearing something like this (again, if it's true) it leaves little reason for someone like me, who is admired in sandbox MMO's, to ever resubscribe.

I mean the way they acted in the first place was pretty infuriating, slaying all the players that were in the keep without any proof of exploits (which was their argument at the time).

Then we later found out that a GM was fiddling around with Keep's door and broke it, when we came it, the door wasn't locked and we ran in, no warning or anything, suddenly peopel are getting slain.

The called up a chat on IRC, changed the rules on the forums for the game half-way through the discussions and basically said "We meant it that way even though it wasn't written that way". They refused to reimburse our stuff.

So basically no players broke any rules, the whole thing happened in the first place because a GM fucked up a door and then went  trigger happy and killed everyone and THEN basically said to everyone "Oh shi-, my bad, over-reacted, now move along or you get banned."

BTW, this type of shit has happened before and they never reacted that way, only because it's AQ. This is eerily similar to how a corrupt GM was backing the BoB alliance.

Having quit to GM corruption myself, I have absolutely no trouble believing that this incident happened like it is described here. You can't just make a story like this up. It fits perfectly to the level of professonialism that I have experienced as a player and customer of MO in the past.

Isn't it about time that someone adds some information about GM corruption to their wikipedia article? It's not like this is the first incident. The Eve article has a section for GM corruption for one or two incidents, the Mortal GMs are doing things like this almost on a daily basis.

Originally posted by Russiann

Well I made an account,

Suprised? I aint, this has been going on since Relaese, how do i know? well I'll show you proof in my next video to come!

Dont play MO till they get rid of the Mod team, they need to do major changes in MO,

Game is fallin apart, Bugs, exploits, etc

Game is bad, It was better in closed beta (alpha stage which it still is) but anyway

Check out my vids if you havent seen the corruption of MO

http://www.youtube.com/russianmafiaa

Well, stay tuned for a explosive video coming soon!

Thanks,

Russian

Kreyon = Greyon? The GM alt Greyon who doesn't mind going afk with several hundred gold in his inventory? The GM alt Greyon who gets stolen stuff back from GMs?

Good times.

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

This has happened over and over and over again in MO when are people going to learn player gms are not going to work in a game like this.  First why was a GM messing with the door in the first place.  Second why did he instantly just start killing people without proof of an exploit.  MO has to be the first game where GMS show up during raids and make snap decisions and kill players. 

WHY DO PEOPLE PAY FOR THIS CRAP????!!?!?

And shit isn't gonna happen to AQ they are the biggest guild in the game right now so they have a lot of political weight with SV, all they have to do is threaten they all mass quit and Henrik will bend to them he has done it before with big guilds. 

Like I said to Death the other day Players need to stop coddeling Henriks nutz for the crap he does or puts out and hold his feet to the fire.

The video is pretty damning!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaa47UlxMAA

Just threaten to have all of SS quit maybe they will do something then.

• Cyde77Cyde77 Member UncommonPosts: 101

this is not a result of gm corruption, this is a mixture of bugs and misunderstandings that have led to this

AQ were certain that the gms were in our enemy's pocket, and now they do one thing in our favour and you all claim they are corrupt in our favour. i was there for the entirety of that situation i know exactly what happened and there was no corruption involved. it was a major fuck up and what it comes down to is keeps are broken

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Originally posted by Cyde77

this is not a result of gm corruption, this is a mixture of bugs and misunderstandings that have led to this

AQ were certain that the gms were in our enemy's pocket, and now they do one thing in our favour and you all claim they are corrupt in our favour. i was there for the entirety of that situation i know exactly what happened and there was no corruption involved. it was a major fuck up and what it comes down to is keeps are broken

Corruption, idiocy, who cares.  How long ago was it said GMS would not interfere in fights.  But they still have anyways.  A gm should never kill people in a game.  If the gm was so worried about something bad going on they should of teleported said individials to a secure location and questioned them.  Even in UO back in the day they had a jail if something fishy was going on they would teleport you there question you and tele you back after it was done.  They would not kill you outright losing gear.   Gear takes time to get and time is money.  Actually I have never played a game where an actual GM could show up and kill everyone, because the other side said they are cheating.  That is pretty stupid in my book.

Cyde everything is broken in MO so what is the point?

• DreCat11DreCat11 Member Posts: 33

Fuck up? LoL

so you are saying that the GMS killed of SS with no excus or questioning a fuck up?

and wont give there shit back.

Where other guilds must have proof of something to get a GM to do anything.

But not for AQ ;)

See the diffrence.

Think about it

I kno Cyde you will defend your guild, but sometimes you gonna wake up and smell the roses.

Cyde is a AQ so figures why he would defend his guild.

Originally posted by Moreplex

Corruption, idiocy, who cares.  How long ago was it said GMS would not interfere in fights.  But they still have anyways.  A gm should never kill people in a game.  If the gm was so worried about something bad going on they should of teleported said individials to a secure location and questioned them.  Even in UO back in the day they had a jail if something fishy was going on they would teleport you there question you and tele you back after it was done.  They would not kill you outright losing gear.   Gear takes time to get and time is money.  Actually I have never played a game where an actual GM could show up and kill everyone, because the other side said they are cheating.  That is pretty stupid in my book.

I agree there was definately no reason for them to kill any of you, you should have been teleported out of the keep because the keep is broken.

And Drecat/Russian/whoever you are Im not defending AQ Im trying to defend the GMs and the game because this has created such a shitstorm. I personally am tired of the game but that doesnt mean i want something being blown out of proportion to the point where people feel like quitting over it. I think people overreacted. They got in the keep when they shouldnt, and you should have been teleported out and given an explanation. It wasnt dealt with brilliantly but I think everyone's making way too much of a fuss

I don't care if you call it a "favour" or "corruption", tbh..

And I already know what happened from watching that video, unless you got something significant to add of course?

Originally posted by Cyde77 It wasnt dealt with brilliantly

:D

• DreCat11DreCat11 Member Posts: 33

LOL,

Defend the GM's all you want, we kno how corrupt they are, you are defending them cause they are in your favor ;), thats the only reason right? why get rid of GMs that are helpin our guild, instead you would rather defend them, We rather get rid of them and make Mortal Online a somewhat uncorrupoted game.

But why would we be convinced that vladmier had them wrapped around his little finger if we knew they were biased in our favour? they were just trying to rectify the situation.

And yes I do have something to add to what you said but Im not going to because it will just become a widely used exploit because I know that people use everything they can to win wars in this game

For the future:

But why would we be convinced that vladmier had them wrapped around his little finger if we knew they were biased in our favour? they were just trying to rectify the situation.

And yes I do have something to add to what you said but Im not going to because it will just become a widely used exploit because I know that people use everything they can to win wars in this game

For the future:

Cyde. Do you really want to defend the GMs after killing a whole guild and telling them to f*** off when they come to talk about this "incident"? Imagine you're a GM in an MMORPG. What do you think, under what circumstances would you ever find it the best solution to do the same thing and go on a killing spree?

Can you think of a situation? I can't. Either the GMs knew what they were doing or they didn't know. It's one of those options, which one do you prefer?

If they weren't biased in your favour, why are you even defending them anyway? Because .. killing those other guys was awesome and you really think it was a great idea? Yes?

I don't play MO anymore so I don't feel like I should be writing more about this childish, unprofessional ridiculous crap. And by the looks of it, that isn't going to change soon.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

I think you have to look at this in the context that it is NOT an isolated incident and these pop up every month or two.  Especially after the announcement on how GMs would never interfere again...

So much for that.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I think you have to look at this in the context that it is NOT an isolated incident and these pop up every month or two.  Especially after the announcement on how GMs would never interfere again...

So much for that.

Yea, the old thread isn't even 2 months old. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/316861/page/1

In before "everyone sub to 5 accounts to help SV so maybe one day they will hire better GMs" and "their(!) an indy studio".

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

wow if what is stated here is correct (not saying its not) that screams of unprofessionalism and poorly trained CSR's. (GMs are CSR's actually.)

no game should ever have GMs messing with player owned property (bug testing or not, there should be an alpha server dedicated for that) as well no GM should slay any player without just reason (player is stuck or has a bug that requires them to die to correct)

the fact its said the GMs messed with a player own building on a live server and then started killing people... should be grounds for that GM to be fired. 

i have seen paid inhouse and volunteer GM's fired for so much less then creating bugs and killing players on a live public server.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Lemme get this straight. A GM messed with a door that was supposed to be locked. Soon after a raid of people came to the place and got into it becuase of said GM. Then the GM freaked out because of their own mistake, lied and said that they exploited, and killed them all. That sounds like a pretty awesome game. Maybe I'll go resub to go open doors and die.

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

I have to agree with cyde here, this isn't some gm corruption thing, and I really don't think it's as big a deal as all of you are making it, at all.

That's not to say that the gm's don't suck, because it's obvious they do. But It's just a game. I don't even play anymore but from what I gathered, and I may be wrong, a gm broke Aq's door, you guys walked in the broken door, instead of teleporting you all out, they just killed you. You lost gold, and the satisfaction of continuing your little pvp rampage. Corruption? I guess it would have been corruption as well if they just broke the door for you guys and did nothing. But you wouldn't be complaning then huh?

As to why people continue to play this game? Well for one this probably one of the last games of it's breed, and I doubt there will be anything with the same concept  again(or anywhere in the forseable future). People who play know what there getting themselves into and probably have fun for the most part. And if you don't play, and you hate the game so passionately... well I guess you will just continue qqing on forums, idk.

My point is...get over it. It's pixels. If you have fun playing, play. If you don't...well then don't. I didn't like the lack of AI and pve aspects, so instead of just sitting around and hissing at a computer game, i played a different one and had fun. I really don't understand the line of thought here.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Black Opal has published a synopsis of the issue here:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/64770-recent-gm-accusations.html#post1182336

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Even for a good lie, that wall of text is just too long to read it for entertainment purposes.