Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enlighten a Non-Player

NixishNixish Member UncommonPosts: 185

Hello! Was just wondering, as a non-player, though interested, what changes will the new expansion bring to current players? Ive been reading an overwhelming feeling of betrayel amongst the playerbase. As someone who is interested in trying the game, will I be effected by the upcoming changes?

I have only recently become interested in the game, so I'm sorry if it looks like I'm oblivious- I am.

Comments

• NixishNixish Member UncommonPosts: 185

I read that dwarves are becoming a rogue class? I thought they were crafters and gatherers. I feel as if I'm interpreting these incorrectly.

I might jus ask a fellow player for a trial pass, if that is available.

• MrMonolitasMrMonolitas Member UncommonPosts: 263

Hm expansion looks big. I used to play this game since c2 and let me tell you i had a lot of fun but then mighty update came with kamaels and everything changed... they started to put SHIT into the game making it worse... Yeah there are lots of things to do in the game, but it lost its charm... Its sad because l2 will never be the same... Lets hope that l3 will be more like c5 or c6

Anyway sorry for offtopic :D

Originally posted by albers

Hm expansion looks big. I used to play this game since c2 and let me tell you i had a lot of fun but then mighty update came with kamaels and everything changed... they started to put SHIT into the game making it worse... Yeah there are lots of things to do in the game, but it lost its charm... Its sad because l2 will never be the same... Lets hope that l3 will be more like c5 or c6

Would you suggest that change is not a good thing in this game and to stay away?

Originally posted by Nixish

Would you suggest that change is not a good thing in this game and to stay away?

Well you could put it that way. I didint like what they have done with the game but its my opinion, they changed alot of things so i had hard time adopting and thats why i left. Anyway you shouldnt be worried about these things if you want to try this game. They made it more noowbie friendly tho :)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I read that dwarves are becoming a rogue class? I thought they were crafters and gatherers. I feel as if I'm interpreting these incorrectly.

Dwarfs (I'm one) will not all go rogue. The gatherers (bounty hunters or spoilers) go rogue, while the warsmiths stay warriors. One change though is that all dwarfs will be able to craft though (I'm still wondering what will make the warsmith more interesting then over bounty hunters aside from becoming a clan buffer).

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I was there before Kameal and I am still there afther Kameal so what SHIT did they put in the game that made it worse?

Originally posted by Reizla

Dwarfs (I'm one) will not all go rogue. The gatherers (bounty hunters or spoilers) go rogue, while the warsmiths stay warriors. One change though is that all dwarfs will be able to craft though (I'm still wondering what will make the warsmith more interesting then over bounty hunters aside from becoming a clan buffer).

Does that mean the gathering classes will have a harder time farming? I'm still unsure as to what this change does.

Originally posted by Mannish

I was there before Kameal and I am still there afther Kameal so what SHIT did they put in the game that made it worse?

Well you arent me right? You love kamaels i dont and so on. Anyway, the worst part was wolves... But i will be back to this game sometime to check it oor maybe they will release l3. I loved this game and i just cant completely throw it away. 

Does that mean the gathering classes will have a harder time farming? I'm still unsure as to what this change does.

I think the gathering classes will have an easier time farming, and crafting, after GoD is released. Personally I think the curent crafter class (warsmith / maestro) will have a hard time with all the changes coming. From a classic crafter we'll go to crafter (up to S-grade since R-grade can be made by al classes, only dwarfs make better quality) to clanbufer (overlord at this moment). It makes me wonder if I'd keep playing my maistro as main or that I'll reroll completely. I mean I started as crafter and I don't want to end up as a buffer class...

I think the gathering classes will have an easier time farming, and crafting, after GoD is released. Personally I think the curent crafter class (warsmith / maestro) will have a hard time with all the changes coming. From a classic crafter we'll go to crafter (up to S-grade since R-grade can be made by al classes, only dwarfs make better quality) to clanbufer (overlord at this moment). It makes me wonder if I'd keep playing my maistro as main or that I'll reroll completely. I mean I started as crafter and I don't want to end up as a buffer class...

I find the gathering and econonomy of mmos facinating, so if I aquire a recruit a friend trial, I'd try a gathering dwarf for sure. Id also be inclined to make a second character and try either straight up damage or healing. What classes would you suggest for either two?

Thanks for your input by the way.

I find the gathering and econonomy of mmos facinating, so if I aquire a recruit a friend trial, I'd try a gathering dwarf for sure. Id also be inclined to make a second character and try either straight up damage or healing. What classes would you suggest for either two?

Thanks for your input by the way.

The bounty hunters (gatherers) are a nice bunch to play now. You can either play them in tiehr original setup as warrior in heavy and use blunt / pole (pole is good for AoE combat and AoE spoiling/gathering), or play them as rogue using light armor & dagger(s).

A 2nd char could be a healer then since a bounty hunter in light armor with dagger(s) is almost a pude DD class (I've seen them in action in Giant's Cave [80+] and they rock there). The 2nd class depends if you take one or 2 accounts. If you take only one, I'd say make it a bishop (pure healer), if you take 2 accounts, get a hybrid healer/buffer ike warcryer or (dark)elf elder.

The bounty hunters (gatherers) are a nice bunch to play now. You can either play them in tiehr original setup as warrior in heavy and use blunt / pole (pole is good for AoE combat and AoE spoiling/gathering), or play them as rogue using light armor & dagger(s).

A 2nd char could be a healer then since a bounty hunter in light armor with dagger(s) is almost a pude DD class (I've seen them in action in Giant's Cave [80+] and they rock there). The 2nd class depends if you take one or 2 accounts. If you take only one, I'd say make it a bishop (pure healer), if you take 2 accounts, get a hybrid healer/buffer ike warcryer or (dark)elf elder.

I'm becoming quite excited! Are you able to send out US recruit a friend invites or EU only?

I should probably make a new thread so it is less confusing, but I wouldnt want to clutter the forums.

My scavenger is now 22. I was wondering if i should grind lower level mobs in order to farm crafting materials or not bother because I'm not going WS.

The ammount of information is overwhelming to take in so quickly!