Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D & D: Daggerdale - First critic review gives it a 50% (2.5 out of 5)

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

The Gamers Hub just posted their review of Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale and they were not impressed. Too bad I was really looking forward to this one. Probably still get it tho!

http://thegamershub.net/2011/05/dungeons-dragons-daggerdale-review/

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

A friend and I got this and have been playing it. I like it. I hate mines for dungeons and we are still in there, but it plays ok. Yeah there are some bugs where the mobs just stand there and don't attack. I like the loot drops. Feels like I'm playing Dungeon Runners again minus the comedy.

For as much as it costs I think it is worth it. Thanks for posting the link.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

it just feels like a barebones games... theres really nothing exciting about the classes or the combat. The controls need to be tightened up too, imo.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I was going to buy it until I found out classes are gender locked which is a no no for me.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Originally posted by bloodaxes

I was going to buy it until I found out classes are gender locked which is a no no for me.

I had some interest in it until I learned that you just select a character instead of making your own. IMO, this was just a very dumb move.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

Originally posted by bloodaxes

I had some interest in it until I learned that you just select a character instead of making your own. IMO, this was just a very dumb move.

I agree. I thought DnD was all about customizing your own character, even if it was something silly.  I like coop, but meh. 

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Originally posted by Sevenwind

A friend and I got this and have been playing it. I like it. I hate mines for dungeons and we are still in there, but it plays ok. Yeah there are some bugs where the mobs just stand there and don't attack. I like the loot drops. Feels like I'm playing Dungeon Runners again minus the comedy.

What sort of score would you give it out of 10 let's say? I was looking at this the other day and thinking of getting it. Is there any stupid anti-piracy feature? I am looking for a dungeon crawl right now, though I guess I could always just continue playing TL. A D&D dungeon crawl makes my mouth water though for some reason.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by MurlockDance

What sort of score would you give it out of 10 let's say? I was looking at this the other day and thinking of getting it. Is there any stupid anti-piracy feature? I am looking for a dungeon crawl right now, though I guess I could always just continue playing TL. A D&D dungeon crawl makes my mouth water though for some reason.

Probably a 5 out of 10. If you die on a quest you have to start the entire quest over and work your way back through that mess. That was frustrating to do. Also some mobs just stood there atleast for me. I say get the demo and see how you like it. I played it on xbox. I don't know if there is a PC demo.

Goodluck I hope you enjoy it if you try it. Gog.com does sell a lot of the old D&D games if you're looking for a good D&D dungeon crawl.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Wow... the class choices are almost like 5 steps backward... I guess thems the limitations of a downloaded game...

Kinda reminds me of the old Basic DnD box set, where races are also classes; you can't be a dwarven fighter, a dwarf is just a dwarf.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Probably a 5 out of 10. If you die on a quest you have to start the entire quest over and work your way back through that mess. That was frustrating to do. Also some mobs just stood there atleast for me. I say get the demo and see how you like it. I played it on xbox. I don't know if there is a PC demo.

Goodluck I hope you enjoy it if you try it. Gog.com does sell a lot of the old D&D games if you're looking for a good D&D dungeon crawl.

Thanks! I will have a look at that site. Guess I'll give this one a miss.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.