Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why you should NOT order the collector's edition!

lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

First, remember that by buying something that is overpriced, you encourage the price to raise / stay high.

We all figured out their collector's edition was overpriced and way overrated, they are not even describing the whole thing well, just one big fat photo for all the items. Now shoot the money!

Boycott the colector's edition! First, if nobody buy's it, they will lower the price. Seccond, who cares about whatever's in there? The figurine doesn't make it any better really, let's be honest!

DON'T buy the collector's edition, it's wayy too expensive, plus they don't explain if what you're paying for is actually useful?

Who the hell knows what the special store will be there for and who cares!

Don't let them MIND CONTROL you!

Comments

• RevivialRevivial Member Posts: 194

Will be easy not to buy it, it seems to be sold out everywhere.

"I swear -- by my life and my love for it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
    - John Galt

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I think the CE's are already sold out.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Yea, it's sold out on the EA Store, Amazon, and running low at Gamestop so I'm sure your U.S. suppliers are rapidly dwindling so it won't be so much of a choice soon enough.  You won't be ABLE to get a hold of more CE unless Bioware CHOOSES to resupply you.  Low supply equals HIGH demand.

• Originally posted by lunatis

First, remember that by buying something that is overpriced, you encourage the price to raise / stay high.

We all figured out their collector's edition was overpriced and way overrated, they are not even describing the whole thing well, just one big fat photo for all the items. Now shoot the money!

Boycott the colector's edition! First, if nobody buy's it, they will lower the price. Seccond, who cares about whatever's in there? The figurine doesn't make it any better really, let's be honest!

DON'T buy the collector's edition, it's wayy too expensive, plus they don't explain if what you're paying for is actually useful?

during a q&a a little while ago, they said its most cosmetic items.  there are some armor and weapons but their power and stats are equal to ones you can get in the world, they just look different

edit:would link the video but its not up yet

7:17p: JO: We are not giving people an advantage, can get similar powered items in the game without purchasing the collectors. RV: The vendor is more like a VIP Lounge.

http://darthhater.com/2011/07/21/sdcc-2011-swtor-day1-panel-live-blog/

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by lunatis

coming from the guy trying to tell other people what to buy because he doesnt think its worth it, really get over yorself.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by Revivial

Really? 

Because if they make collector's a serious advantage vs regular box, it's like saying the game has a cash shop you know, but you just pay up front.

Therefore, if they don't make the items worthy, you're all paying for nothing. Then what's the point of doing so?

Hell think about it, there won't be no +500% damage laser...

All of the people here whine about the cash shop then go and pay 100$ more for a game to get some pet robot!

They are MIND CONTROLING you!

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

I agree with you, but people area gona be people....

• MrMonolitasMrMonolitas Member UncommonPosts: 263

Dont listen to him! He wants all for himself! Nah just kidding i would never buy stupid collectors edition. Its just silly

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

this thread isnt working lol..

so many people have already bought it

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181

I'm more interested in what the monthjly sub will be. Juding by the prices, I am thinking they are going to go higher than 15 a month in which case I don't think I will sub.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

The Collector's edition actually has great value if you look at it.

The Statue alone would retail for $80. That alone makes it a better deal than the digital deluxe version.

The fact is and this is a fact. It's already sold out on Origin which means that it can't be too expensive. Something is only too expensive if the market won't bear the cost.

• LiltawenLiltawen Member UncommonPosts: 245

There are way too many Star Wars speculators that will buy it- they don't care about MMOs or driving prices up or anything; if it's Star Wars they'll buy it just because it's there.

• paintchipspaintchips Member UncommonPosts: 107

How many CE's did they have available to begin with?

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

again, coming from the guy trying to tell other people what to buy because he doesnt think its worth it, really, get over yourself and stop acting like your opinion of the CEs worth is somehow more valid than anyone elses, get a clue.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• DarVashielDarVashiel Member UncommonPosts: 80

The way I see it people can make up there own minds. They don't need anyone telling them what they should or shouldn't do.

Yes I preordered the CE I made my own mind up, and I feel it was worth it...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Yeah I know what you mean,

I am competely against buying a car and think that public transportation is a better deal but people keep buying cars.

I'm also not into having a family and think that exploring one's own interests and desires might lead to a happier life but people keep having families.

I also believe that doing with "less" and taking on less debt will actually free people up to do more of the things they want to do but on a more simple yet manageable level, but still, people keep taking taking on more and more in their job and lives...

I think there is better music out there other than pop music yet people really like it...

I don't know what to say, everything I value and think worthwhile is not necessarily valued by others. it's as if they have adopted their own criteria for what will make them happy and then will have to live with those consequences only to learn more about themselves in the process.

It's as if we all have choices and those choices lead to other choices and we can then reflect upon our happiness based upon what we choose. Deciding if we made a good decision or reflecting on how that decision didn't bring us what we wanted.

sort of like choosing our own destiny is better for ourselves in the long run. crazy world. image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

I bought two copies of the CE.  One for me and one for my son.  :-)  Gamestop and Best Buy are still selling them!

Guess we were mind controlled into buying something we felt is worth the money.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by tank017

Because they say they are sold out doesn't mean anything. They legaly could have had only 1 or 2 in stock, sold them, and then be getting like 1000 more tomorow just to create a hype like they did with the iPhones. Low supplies, more desire!

AKA "I need to get one before they run out of stock again!"

• MrMonolitasMrMonolitas Member UncommonPosts: 263

why this game is so hyped? I dont understand it.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by albers

Star Wars + Bioware = Hype

• RaoraRaora Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by albers

yet you take time out of your day to come here and post

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Because they say they are sold out doesn't mean anything. They legaly could have had only 1 or 2 in stock, sold them, and then be getting like 1000 more tomorow just to create a hype like they did with the iPhones. Low supplies, more desire!

Whether thats the case or not,people are going to clamour for their copy like rabid animals..

whether its today or tomorrow,makes no difference.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

That's very true.

And that's how it works. And if people want to make the decision to buy they will buy. Or, if people don't they won't.

They still don't follow my maxim on how to live even though I INSIST it's the better way to be.

they "blew it up man... they blew it up..."

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Really? 

Because if they make collector's a serious advantage vs regular box, it's like saying the game has a cash shop you know, but you just pay up front.

Therefore, if they don't make the items worthy, you're all paying for nothing. Then what's the point of doing so?

Hell think about it, there won't be no +500% damage laser...

All of the people here whine about the cash shop then go and pay 100$ more for a game to get some pet robot!

Heheh the CE's are almost all sold out, and you are just bweing a Drama queen. 100% fail

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

A couple things.

the CEs aren't sold out, they are listed as such because they aren't ready for ordering yet, there will be plenty available.

secondly, don't criticize others for posting their exasperation at what's going on in a game they think it's overhyped, it's perfectly valid.

This discussion has been closed.