Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ToR's Release Date Announcement

The biggest question of all still remains. "When?"

NO ONE has a release date, does it matter at this point? Will the release date determine if the pre-order is worth it?

What if they announced the release date later today:

Release Date: August 14th..... 2012

Comments

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869

Originally posted by yodablaze

NO ONE has a release date, does it matter at this point? Will the release date determine if the pre-order is worth it?

While there has not been a specific date announced yet, they have announced that the release window is now "Holiday 2011" in the press release regarding beta weekends. That makes it pretty safe to assume November - December.

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

Knowing how these Star Wars fanatics are, I wouldn't be surprised if they released it on May the Fourth, 2012.

But since the pre-order codes apparently expire on Dec. 31 this year, I'd guess it'll be released before then.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by Celcius

While there has not been a specific date announced yet, they have announced that the release window is now "Holiday 2011" in the press release regarding beta weekends. That makes it pretty safe to assume November - December.

I'm going with november because of the beta weekend in september which is basically a sneak preview weekend would be slightly before the actual games release. Least if it works anything like the movies do.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Originally posted by StormwindX

Knowing how these Star Wars fanatics are, I wouldn't be surprised if they released it on May the Fourth, 2012.

But since the pre-order codes apparently expire on Dec. 31 this year, I'd guess it'll be released before then.

My reciept (which may be different from yours) says dec 31 2012...so /shrug

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• merieke82merieke82 Member Posts: 165

11/22/2011

You heard it here first.

• silentkillahsilentkillah Member UncommonPosts: 55

Your Reciept, is only the date as a placeholder and nothing more. It would be wrong to release a gameon new years eve.

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

Originally posted by whilan

Originally posted by StormwindX

My reciept (which may be different from yours) says dec 31 2012...so /shrug

Maybe I've misread the pre-order site... I read it saying Dec. 31 2011.

Originally posted by silentkillah

Your Reciept, is only the date as a placeholder and nothing more. It would be wrong to release a gameon new years eve.

Oh i in no way expect it to come out that late in 2012, i'd be pretty surprised if it missed 2011 the way it's going.  Though anything is possible but it seems they are hitting for end of this year (holiday session) because of the beta weekend (which is a sneakpeak for some) and the above with the holiday thing

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

When does SWG shut down? December 15th? I wouldn't be surprised if the next Star Wars MMO was planned to come online shortly there after, like within a few days or weeks following.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

October because not many are saying October.

• merieke82merieke82 Member Posts: 165

Originally posted by Lawlmonster

When does SWG shut down? December 15th? I wouldn't be surprised if the next Star Wars MMO was planned to come online shortly there after, like within a few days or weeks following.

A publisher like EA would want to capitalize on holiday sales. I think they'll target after 11/11 (after Skyrim) but before the end of Nov.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Because of the announced "Open Beta" weekends in September, which is nothing but stress testing and promotional events (as per the history of MMO development) my vote is on a early to mid October release.

You don't want to tease with open beta events then make people wait another two months.

They'll do what Trion did.

Beta weekends in September, few weeks off, release early/mid October.

EA wouldn't want both BF3 and TOR released in the same month, especially due to competition with Skyrim in November as well.

• XarroXarro Member Posts: 1

From what I've read elsewhere, the date to be announced at SDCC is November 25. Anyhow, we'll know for sure this weekend.

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

My bet is in November 2011.

No bitchers.

• yodablazeyodablaze Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by Rinna

My bet is in November 2011.

Longest 4 months ever...

Late November sounds right. Right after Skyrim's launch and right before the holiday rush.

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

August 2 image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• yodablazeyodablaze Member Posts: 234

What if the release date was pushed to 2012? Would you still pre-order? Does the release date even matter or are the pre-orders done on safe assumptions? We know how mmos can be delayed and pushed back. What if they release a release date knowing in advance that they will only push the game back into first quarter 2012?

I mean it could happen. I'm still looking for a definite date AND a sense of confidence they will meet their mark.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

What if the release date was pushed to 2012? Would you still pre-order? Does the release date even matter or are the pre-orders done on safe assumptions? We know how mmos can be delayed and pushed back. What if they release a release date knowing in advance that they will only push the game back into first quarter 2012?

I mean it could happen. I'm still looking for a definite date AND a sense of confidence they will meet their mark.

That's not going to happen my pre order receipt says holiday 2011.  I think were locked in to October-December somewhere in there.

Not only that there is this one company making keyboards, mice, and headset that integrates with the game, their product is being released in November.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by heerobya

Because of the announced "Open Beta" weekends in September, which is nothing but stress testing and promotional events (as per the history of MMO development) my vote is on a early to mid October release.

You don't want to tease with open beta events then make people wait another two months.

EA wouldn't want both BF3 and TOR released in the same month, especially due to competition with Skyrim in November as well.

My guess would be similiar. 

Early access starting end of September with an October 4 release date.

• nmalthusnmalthus Member CommonPosts: 98

The leaked release date claims to be Nov 25th.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

if you ask gamestop, they will tell you "teh publisha told us itz oktoba zieh 16th!"

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247

There was a leaked document from one of the websites about WHEN codes would be sent to customers, and it said they would be sent in 3 phases, each phase ending on a particular date. October 27th was the last day of phase 3, with codes being sent on the 28th. It stands to reason that they would only stop the phases at the point when they couldn't technically take preorders anymore, which could mean that October 28th is the actual release date. It's also possible that's the date Early Access starts, and this is merely limiting the ability of people to preorder after the start of Early Access. That would mean a release date no later than November 4th.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by reillan

There was a leaked document from one of the websites about WHEN codes would be sent to customers, and it said they would be sent in 3 phases, each phase ending on a particular date. October 27th was the last day of phase 3, with codes being sent on the 28th. It stands to reason that they would only stop the phases at the point when they couldn't technically take preorders anymore, which could mean that October 28th is the actual release date. It's also possible that's the date Early Access starts, and this is merely limiting the ability of people to preorder after the start of Early Access. That would mean a release date no later than November 4th.

The problem with that "leaked document" was that it made no sense.

People that pre-ordered already have their codes and have regstered the game.

The first date was August something not July 2x.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Atlan99

Originally posted by heerobya

My guess would be similiar. 

Early access starting end of September with an October 4 release date.

I thought Trion did those little limited things follow by a short period of basicly 24/7.. then had early release.   I guess I don't really remember.

I think "gone gold" will be announced during Sept weekends.   I also expected a 1 or 2 week of 24/7 period.. followed by early release.  

I'm not sure why Oct 4th is a guess date.   Is there something signifigant about it?   (just curious mostly because I don't have an actual date for my guess just relative month.  but I don't follow many of the marketing dates.)

I would actually not be suprised if the game goes live in Oct but I am thinking more mid to late...   There are other reasons (imo) to not release the game in Nov and Dec is just to long from the pre-order.

The one thing that threw me off with the CE leak and the fact the picture actually was "legit" were the discs.   Quite a while ago I worked on a gaming magazine and sold ad space mostly.   It was common to have a box fed-ex'd to us and then we sent it to another place to have the box cover turned into an ad picture (this was as I say quite a while ago lol).

I never saw "mocked up" discs at least back then (I mean obviously they don't have to have a gold client or any data on them it could just be discs with the art done).   Usually by the time you have those you've got a gold client and have started to do disc replication... and that doesn't happen until very close to live.   Obvioulsy you need time to get that product out through distrubution so various retailers have it.

I know things change so I guess it really doesn't mean anything.   Anyway after the Sept beta weekends end.. I don't see an extended time period between then and launch.. so I would agree with Oct in general.