Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StarWars TOR:Seems like we have a release date by mistake!

Watch the video and then concentrate at 4:17

Novemba

Comments

• marowitmarowit Member UncommonPosts: 268

Very nice find, maybe it will come out sooner so the game is released before the pheripherals

REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS AND REGRET THEY HAVE PASSED.

• AetherwalkerAetherwalker Member Posts: 38

If it comes out in November like he said then I have a dilemma. SW:TOR or TESV:Skyrim?

"Take my love, take my land,
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free,
    You can't take the sky from me.
    Take me out to the black,
    Tell them I ain't comin' back.
    Burn the land and boil the sea,
    You can't take the sky from me.
    There's no place I can be,
    Since I found Serenity.
    But you can't take the sky from me... "

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Wow. November would be a home run for TOR if it's any good at all. It would hit during the Holiday season, and some how MMORPGs never seem to manage that, and there's nothing really exciting releasing then to compete as far as MMORPGs that I know of.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by Aetherwalker

If it comes out in November like he said then I have a dilemma. SW:TOR or TESV:Skyrim?

I will be playing both.

Hell, I still play Oblivion after all these years.....modded to the ends of the Earth and back.

There is NO WAY that I will miss either of these titles.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by Aetherwalker

He didnt say the game will come out in November, just that the periphials will. However, I would speculate release of the game a month before or later.

I still put my money on September due to the release of the Complete blu-ray saga of Star Wars. Get them both at the same time, means more money for George Lucas in a shorter period of time.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

"Coming out with the game, hopefuly, later this year"

hopefuly - he has no idea from what I gathered.

"They are coming out, hopefuly, November"

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

November sounds accurate based on all other information that is floating around the web. Don't get me wrong I am very excited about the game and I really want it to come out in September. However if you look at it from marketing perspective, if you release in September by the time the holidays come about people had a fair amount of time with the game and now there will be a lot of new and shiny on the market like BF3, Skyrim, MW3 and potentially D3 (imo that is what Bioware is really concerned about).

A some gamers do have a larger budget and can afford to pay for 3 - 4 games in a holiday season. However for a lot of people it will be one pick and that is it. That pick will probably center around something that will last longer (on average) than a longer game which (in most cases) is an MMORPG.

• LyulfeLyulfe Member Posts: 213

I see it being in October myself, don't want to have any self competition between the game and the BRs. Especially if you're charging $150 for a CE.

• TarotMageTarotMage Member Posts: 126

ME3 got pushed back to March 2012. Not sure if BioWare needs more time for QC or it doesn't want to compete with other titles that were being released around the same time frame.

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. - Marie Curie

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Pre-orders are in stores now so the wait is almost over. I imagine we'll have the release date this week seeing as employees have been leaking the pre-order details.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Yeah november is a bad timing.

I will personaly play skyrim while waiting for swtor reviewsI cant stand buying an mmo and fail me again like ffxiv,rift etc

• rathalas22rathalas22 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Thats old news. You can easily say September as well since some sites had it listed as such and were forced to take them down.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Yeah, this news came out at E3, so it is slightly old news. It does seem to be a strong evidence that the release date will be November, on the other hand it's very possible the guy was simply mistaken.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I don't know about any rumors about the release date, but I just pre-ordered it from Amazon.com and it says the release date will be 31 DEC

I self identify as a monkey.

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    I don't know about any rumors about the release date, but I just pre-ordered it from Amazon.com and it says the release date will be 31 DEC

There is no way they will put pre-orders out 5 months before release date. There would have to be some unforeseen disaster to put it back that late now that pre-orders are out.

Normally pre-orders are out roughly 2 months before release.

• fcazaresfcazares Member Posts: 190

It's a placeholder on Amazon.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by Zefire

Watch the video and then concentrate at 4:17

Novemba

I buy November, the reason why is I just did my pre order.  On my pre order receipt it says the following.

Product Name:STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Deluxe Edition (Pre-Ordered)

Estimated Release Date: Targeting Holiday 2011

OK so Holidays are  Halloween  Oct 31,  Thanksgiving 11/24 for the US  I think the guys from Canada have it earlier. Christmas 12/25.

So I would be somewhere around Thanksgiving, and my receipt does say targeting Holiday 2011.   So there that's my thoughts.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by parrotpholk

I think November is a mistake.  There is a lot coming out late fall to compete for gaming dollars.  BF3, Uncharted 3, ME3. CoD, TES among others. Possibly D3 and maybe even GW2.  I think an end of summer/ September release would serve it best or delay to beginning of year.  Although initial sales may (notice I said may) be weaker in November due to all the competition around that time and thus may make release a less painful experience. 

And on a side note...If the CE is 150 then people would be insane to pay it.   The ingame items though nice are not that nice.

I completely agree!

Waiting until November could be a mistake. There are simply too many highly anticipated releases this year around that time, the list you have above is absent one of the bigger ones I think, Halo 4. But...not my $150 million on the line.

• bepolitebepolite Member Posts: 53

since im waiting for sandybridge-e (together with the x79 boards that have pcie3.0 available) to build a new rig

im fine with DEC31. Doubt my current rig can handle the game

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,873

Originally posted by TUX426

I think November is a mistake.  There is a lot coming out late fall to compete for gaming dollars.  BF3, Uncharted 3, ME3. CoD, TES among others. Possibly D3 and maybe even GW2.  I think an end of summer/ September release would serve it best or delay to beginning of year.  Although initial sales may (notice I said may) be weaker in November due to all the competition around that time and thus may make release a less painful experience. 

And on a side note...If the CE is 150 then people would be insane to pay it.   The ingame items though nice are not that nice.

I completely agree!

Waiting until November could be a mistake. There are simply too many highly anticipated releases this year around that time, the list you have above is absent one of the bigger ones I think, Halo 4. But...not my $150 million on the line.

ME3 is not coming out until March. Halo 4 will also not be out until almost 2013. Guild Wars 2 is 2012 (or later). MMORPG release windows are not as affected by other games as some probably assume they would. I have no doubt that anyone who is going to play SWTOR at launch is going to play it regardless of the other games coming out. It may lose some sales based on the fact that MMOs are not exactly great presents...since you are basically giving a gift out that has a price tag on it! Releasing it in November also targets a bigger market on the other hand, simply because people spend the most money around then. 

People will buy the CE. It sold out within a few hours on EA's site and I have no doubt it will start selling out in other places soon as well. For the amount of stuff in the CE it is worth it to the hardcore fan. (what CE is aimed at)

• Short-StrawShort-Straw Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by Celcius

Originally posted by TUX426

I completely agree!

ME3 is not coming out until March. Halo 4 will also not be out until almost 2013. Guild Wars 2 is 2012 (or later). MMORPG release windows are not as affected by other games as some probably assume they would. I have no doubt that anyone who is going to play SWTOR at launch is going to play it regardless of the other games coming out. It may lose some sales based on the fact that MMOs are not exactly great presents...since you are basically giving a gift out that has a price tag on it! Releasing it in November also targets a bigger market on the other hand, simply because people spend the most money around then. 

People will buy the CE. It sold out within a few hours on EA's site and I have no doubt it will start selling out in other places soon as well. For the amount of stuff in the CE it is worth it to the hardcore fan. (what CE is aimed at)

Funny, was just thinking, as I was logging in, that I might give this a pass since we're getting closer to GW2. Also, the economy being what it is right now, anything near the holidays may backfire since people are stretching their cash already. Going to be hard spending an extra $60 to $150 when Grandma needs a new sweater. If we see a realease before mid Oct., I'm in, after that who knows.

As far as $150 for the CE, way too much for me. Probably would have bought 2 (married) up to $100 but, screw that. Maybe if it had a gaming mouse.