Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Common (or not) MMO features that shall not be in TOR (at least at launch)

Comments

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by fcazares

All 6 Star Wars movies are great movies! Yes, Empire Strikes Back is the best of them all. But they are all great so get over yourselves and your nerdletism and just admit it.

Well to be fair, if you are born after 1994 I can understand you like them as they were indeed aimed at people of that age or younger.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

There were two great star wars movies:

ESB and ANH.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• fcazaresfcazares Member Posts: 190

Originally posted by Deewe

All 6 Star Wars movies are great movies! Yes, Empire Strikes Back is the best of them all. But they are all great so get over yourselves and your nerdletism and just admit it.

Well to be fair, if you are born after 1994 I can understand you like them as they were indeed aimed at people of that age or younger.

Check the profile buddy I was born in 1979. Im not a child, I'm just honest. They are all great movies.

• LeoghanLeoghan Member Posts: 607

Originally posted by waynejr2

There were two great star wars movies:

ESB and ANH.

I tend to agree with this, while I can stomach AotC or most of it, the other two were just meh... 

• fionanshrekfionanshrek Member Posts: 104

Thirty six year old who also enjoyed the second trilogy.  I didn't let my preconceived notions get in the way of my enjoyment which is what I think made lot's of Star Wars fans feel like they didn't like the new trilogy.

Originally posted by fionanshrek

Thirty six year old who also enjoyed the second trilogy.  I didn't let my preconceived notions get in the way of my enjoyment which is what I think made lot's of Star Wars fans feel like they didn't like the new trilogy.

I did check you age just after posting ;)

In the first movie I found it kind of lame to have Anakin being born out of nothing like Jesus Christ. And please don't lecture me on the supposedly and stupid lore behind it.

In the second one and the third one it felt really boring to watch an adolescent (Anakin) complaining all the time and acting like a... stupid adolescent. So much for the supposed great Sith warrior. And also having Obiwan leaving his former friend die from his wounds in the lava wihout even ending his pain... great story bro.

Did I menion the gungans?

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Check the profile buddy I was born in 1979. Im not a child, I'm just honest. They are all great movies.

Sorry, but if you think what's his name (the older one) was believeable, or moderatly acceptable as Darth Vader ... idk what to tell you. 1-3 had only 2 things going for them. Darth Maul and Natalie Portman. I mean did they do more than 1 take on any scene in any of those movies? I highly doubt it. All of the acting especially considering the cast .. was stale, and forced to say the least. I fully expected Aiden to slit his wrists half way through .. such a whiny brat. So obviously aimed at 13 yo boys who don't get invited to the dance .. sorry, but I cannot identify with that and I can't imagine anyone, not even the nerds from the early 70s identifying with that.

The original Star Wars movies were inspirational. The last 3 were made to sell toys.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

Updated the OP.

BTW they somehow confirmed no gear dyes as avoided the question ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Ohlen

Currently your armor looks the way it is. It's got one appearance. So if you find a chest piece, it's always going to look like a chest piece. But we do have unified colors.

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

With al due respect, there are only 3 Star Wars movies.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

funny how it always goes WHAAT i get no racial ability??? and when it gets added all people go WHAAT (race) is pointless now or (race) is to OP!  :) ahhhh the mmo community

• lostkosslostkoss Member Posts: 149

I'm going to be waaaaaaay to busy playing the game when launch comes to worry about...

This list

WoW

Rift

Eve

Biker moustaches

or just about anything else.

Not worried about anything but getting in and starting to play.

Have a sense of humor, no need to get ALL MODDY ! :) A Simpson's quote shouldn't be worth a warning. You are lucky anyone is bothering to read this rag.

Updated the OP

Confirmed: for now gear dyes are out but the good new is they are not closing the door for adding it later on though.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

I spent way, way too much time playing Pazaak in the KOTOR games. In a way, I'm not really glade that it survived the cut for TOR, but that's strictly personal (because I'll be playing a bunch of Pazaak again). Multiplayer mounts sound cool as hell, so hopefully that pans out to be something other than what we've seen in the past with other MMO's.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

In the first movie I found it kind of lame to have Anakin being born out of nothing like Jesus Christ. And please don't lecture me on the supposedly and stupid lore behind it.

In the second one and the third one it felt really boring to watch an adolescent (Anakin) complaining all the time and acting like a... stupid adolescent. So much for the supposed great Sith warrior. And also having Obiwan leaving his former friend die from his wounds in the lava wihout even ending his pain... great story bro.

Luke was any different?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Malickie

Luke was any different?

Now you say... yes much less childish.

@Lawlmonster (nice pseudo btw) I would not be worried Pazaak if not at launch could be and I dare say would be added quite fast. And if I may, you might certainly see other SW minigames landing in TOR too at some point. You shall be addicted to them even more as they would have single and multiplayer mode too.

...you have been warned ;)

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

@Lawlmonster (nice pseudo btw) I would not be worried Pazaak if not at launch could be and I dare say would be added quite fast. And if I may, you might certainly see other SW minigames landing in TOR too at some point. You shall be addicted to them even more as they would have single and multiplayer mode too.

Oh shit! You just blew my mind. Multiplayer Pazaak?!

I'm probably going to need a help group.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Luke was any different?

Now you say... yes much less childish.

I'm not a prequel fan, I haven't even sat through ep3 in it's entirety yet, and probably never will. But I disagree, Maybe not so much in ROTJ, but in ESB and ANH he's a whiny little ****. I guess my overall point is aside from a few actors (which is also the case in the prequels) performances were horrible.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Seems no shared storage between alts. We will have to use the old fashioned painful way: mail

However appearance tabs are now wanted by BioWare

News from the front:

• Tournaments might be in for post launch

• UI Addons are planned for post launch

• No In game voice chat

• Said it's easy to add new (humanoid?) Species post launch

• Space ship interior/exterior customization are on the wall of crazy

• New space ships... had a hard time talking about that.

(edit) Thanks Gaou good take. I owe you one Sir ;)

• Originally posted by Deewe

News from the front:

• Tournaments might be in for post launch

• UI Addons are planned for post launch

• No In game chat

• Said it's easy to add new (humanoid?) Species post launch

• Space ship interior/exterior customization are on the wall of crazy

• New space ships... had a hard time talking about that.

should probably clarify that it is no in game voice chat.  would be hard to play with no in game chat at all. ;)

• BigBadWolfeBigBadWolfe Member Posts: 143

I didn't even read this whole thread but I can tell you the list is a joke due to the fact that it left out a legitimate LFD tool.  Why would people want card based mini-games over accessibility to endgame content is beyond me.  Or maybe that's exactly what they were planning to do while they waited for a tank to show up.  Lack of swimming, I don't really see the problem unless there was a serious demand for fighting sharks in space.

Originally posted by BigBadWolfe

I didn't even read this whole thread but I can tell you the list is a joke due to the fact that it left out a legitimate LFD tool.  Why would people want card based mini-games over accessibility to endgame content is beyond me.  Or maybe that's exactly what they were planning to do while they waited for a tank to show up.  Lack of swimming, I don't really see the problem unless there was a serious demand for fighting sharks in space.

LFD?

I knew LFG and LSD but LFD? Is that when ou take the later then use the former?

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

LFD?

Looking for DPS? What with all the tanks and healers it's hard to find damage dealers :)

Originally posted by JuJutsu

LFD?

Looking for DPS? What with all the tanks and healers it's hard to find damage dealers :)

Added the LFG entry.

It seems the LFG is more a chat channel than a fully fledged LFG tool.

This discussion has been closed.