Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone knows of a good & cheap 22" monitor?

HuggmuthHuggmuth Member UncommonPosts: 28

Hello, i'm looking for a good 22" monitor with a decent price, any suggestions?

Cheers.

-Huggmuth

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

My blanket monitor advice:

Go down to your local store. Look at them. You don't have to buy anything yet, just get an idea for what looks good to you.

Then go online, read the reviews, and look for the best price. You may find some reviews for the monitor you liked recommending some other models as well that are similar, which you didn't have the opportunity to look at in person.

But if you don't look at them in person, it's a huge crapshoot. What looks good, or acceptable, to one person is widely different to another. So you at least need an idea.

Quality of LCD monitors varies a lot. There are a lot of different factors: viewing angles, black levels, supported resolutions, input connectors, color quality, brightness and contrast, response time. No one single factor is more important than another, and you can't just go off the numbers printed on the box, because half of those are totally made up and there are no standards for them (I'm totally serious about that). So you need to actually look at them and see what looks good for you.

• pfloydguy84pfloydguy84 Member UncommonPosts: 149

tigerdirect and newegg are great websites I goto for computer stuff.You can get some great deals there.