Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bonus Everything Beginning July 19th

KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=1227071

On Tuesday, July 19, 2011, at 4:00 a.m. PDT all U.S. and European galaxies will be brought down for a Hotfix. The servers are estimated to be down for 4 hours. If this timeframe changes, we'll post an update on the official forums.

When the Hotfix is complete, all galaxies will be live but unavailable while we complete final testing. All galaxies will be made available after that time.

Bonus Everything

• Everyone logged in will earn Double XP, Double GCW Points, Double Heroic Tokens, Double GCW Tokens from Battlefields and City Invasions, Double Pet XP and Loyalty, Double Duty Mission Tokens, Double Chronicles XP, Double Chronicles Silver Tokens, increased chance to earn Gold Chronicles Tokens, increased RLS chance, increased chance to catch real fish (instead of junk loot and collection fish) and bonus Restuss Commendations!

• NOTE: The RLS chance has been increased to 5 times the normal value.

Fan Faire 2011

• The Fan Faire 2011 items are now available to be claimed in-game.

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I just don't see the point. I would like to see the game made frfee so I can justify logging in one last time and taking some screenshots of my Bunker.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

I just don't see the point. I would like to see the game made frfee so I can justify logging in one last time and taking some screenshots of my Bunker.

You don't see the point of double everything, but you wanna take screenshots of your bunker? See, I can understand people wanting to still play (for whatever reason) and enjoying the chance to loot whatever it is they wanted, but I don't understand nostalgia with old ss's.

*shrug*

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by TUX426

You don't see the point of double everything, but you wanna take screenshots of your bunker? See, I can understand people wanting to still play (for whatever reason) and enjoying the chance to loot whatever it is they wanted, but I don't understand nostalgia with old ss's.

*shrug*

I hate to say this but in december it will not matter. At this point I dont see the point of double anything to be honest.  Why bother.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

They should make everyone a "blue glowie" as a final slap in the face to those who grinded their way to the flashlight prior to the NGE.

Just out of pure spite.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by SioBabble

They should make everyone a "blue glowie" as a final slap in the face to those who grinded their way to the flashlight prior to the NGE.

Just out of pure spite.

would serve them right for acting better than you because they ground out jedi instead of other stuff.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

you should have 45 welcome back days so just use those.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Double nothing is nothing as it will be in a few months.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

This seems like a shameless attempt at keeping people subscribed to what should be a f2p game at this point. The fact that they are still charging a sub fee for a game that is confirmed to be shutting down in less than 6 months is fucking ridiculous---errr I mean just like SOE.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by Ryukan

This seems like a shameless attempt at keeping people subscribed to what should be a f2p game at this point. The fact that they are still charging a sub fee for a game that is confirmed to be shutting down in less than 6 months is fucking ridiculous---errr I mean just like SOE.

John Smedley is totally about picking your pocket, at all times.  Everything he does is about revenue streams.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by SioBabble

Originally posted by Ryukan

John Smedley is totally about picking your pocket, at all times.  Everything he does is about revenue streams.

I wholeheartedly agree! (with both of you)

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

It seems like a parting gift, really. Double everything, items, etc. as a bunch of presents for the people who've stuck with the game this long. Might as well, since it's not like there's any reason to hold it all back anymore.

Also, if you still have a Station account, you should have 45 free days due to the security hacking. If so, use it and get your screen shots.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Release the game source to public domain NOW. There is no reason not to do it.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by taus01

There's every reason not to do it. Namely,  both LA and SOE want to keep their source code. That's their right.

Just because it's shutting down doesn't mean that people are automatically entitled to all the code for the game. It doesn't work that way.

• darkbladeddarkbladed Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by taus01

They wont do that as they would need permission from LA, due to licence agreements, and LA would never allow another Star Wars game around that could detract from their current/upcoming SW titles.  It is basic dollars and cents;  If SWG was around, some people that want a Star Wars experience, that might have went to SWTOR, would stay on the now-free SWG and cost them subs.

For me though, Star Wars online games died when the NGE came around.  NGE was not what I wanted and SWTOR also doesn't seem to be what I want in a game; though it may be a great game in its own rights, that has yet to be seen.