Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Done with game tks Gameguard...

LuminattiLuminatti Member UncommonPosts: 45

I've been very happy playing the game on my laptop running vista 32 bit...  enjoying about every aspect of game and very immersed in it.... but sick of playing it on an uncomfortable laptop...

I tried one last marathon attempt at running the game on my desktop which is vista 64bit... gave up an entire Friday evening... what a waste... every walkthrough for fixes known to man and I can't get past the gameguard errors.

Account cancelled and now I feel the blood pressure returning to normal.

Debating some fun type of way of giving my in game items away...

Comments

• ColdicesColdices Member Posts: 157
    Hey, fyyre updated his gameguard disable. It should work now. Also using it to block GC so I can use xfire without crashing.

http://fyyre.ivory-tower.de/wildcard_ct2_5.rar

Replace the dsetup.dll in your lineage 2 system map with that one. Oh and undo changes you made somewhere else while trying to fix it.

Let me know if it works.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Please explain the errors / problems you have with GG. I regularry get an error that my browser pops up and I can submit a petition to INCA, but then L2 just starts.

Normally, if you remove the ./system/Gameguard folder of L, all works fine. If not, reboot and retry. If your problems stay, better check your system for keyloggers or other nasty things...

• LuminattiLuminatti Member UncommonPosts: 45

It just says gameguard update was cancelled.  I have tried deleting the gg folder as the walkthroughs says to do.  I've disabled UAC, windows defender is off, windows firewall is off, all components of my norton antivirus are off.  I've tried running the game as administrator.... dns dumps.... there are no other options I've seen.

• LuminattiLuminatti Member UncommonPosts: 45

The fyyre patch has seemed to work to get me past the gg errors... however once I enter my acct info into game it just says connecting to game and doesnt do anything... it's prolly a keylogger itself and all I've done is likely sent them my acct info.

Did you try my fix ? Worked for all my gc errors...
  • malfury1malfury1 Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by Luminatti

The fyyre patch has seemed to work to get me past the gg errors... however once I enter my acct info into game it just says connecting to game and doesnt do anything... it's prolly a keylogger itself and all I've done is likely sent them my acct info.

Apparently he has tried your fix.

No, its not a keylogger... I use it for years. just check his site/twitter/whatever. That means it worked for you and you did some weird stuff trying to fix it. Thats why you cant connect now. Try it with a unedited client and clean your host file with the exception of the '127.0.0.1 localhost' line.

http://fyyre.ivory-tower.de/
    http://twitter.com/Fyyre/

Host file is in your 'c:/windows/system32/etc/drivers' map btw.