Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF New Subscription game to play!

smokey1223smokey1223 Member Posts: 23

As it says in the title I'm looking for a subscription based mmorpg to play. I played WoW and Aion for few years and enjoyed both. I am considering going back to Aion, but I figured I would get the opinion of this community before I commited to anything. I play on a laptop, so I am looking for a game that is nottop of the line graphics or can be used with minimum settings. I am a huge open world PVP fan. I love hunting down noobs and invading enemy territory! Thanks in advance for your suggestions ^^

Comments

• thebigchin11thebigchin11 Member Posts: 519

I hate to say it, but think you might have to wait for GW2.  Sorry, that wasn't immediately helpful.  I cannot think of another decent p2p out there- certainly not the likes of Rift.

Chins

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

You could try the new age of conan free for all server if you like pking that much.  Theres also Warhammer but aion is the best atm.

ofc GW2 will be f2p so my answer was crap anyway.

Chins

• smokey1223smokey1223 Member Posts: 23

Guild Wars 2 is alittle while off still, but I will definitly be checking it out. I didn't know is was going to be F2P... Is that correct? Age of Conan's might be alittle too much for my laptop, but if there are minimum settings i guess its worth a try. Is warhammer still alive with diff level players, or are veteran's the only one's still playing?

• siitysiity Member UncommonPosts: 23

If you are a huge open world PvP fan , id say Darkfall then .

well b2p- i.e. buy the box and no subscriotions.  I think that is the intention, correct me if I am wrong.

Chins

• siitysiity Member UncommonPosts: 23

Sure it says with subs ?

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Save you cash, I cut out my subs 4 months ago and went MountNblade warband with mods. It does not have majic or elves but when you shoot an arrow it sticks where it goes, you pickup weaps, ammo, mounts on the field of battle. You swing a sword and your facing left of the target...you dont get the hit. The mounts act like...mounts, in that, they shy away from you when chased. Mods vary but one I played so far you can craft your own gear and weaps, learn to harvest and fish.

Its not an MMO but there is multiplayer but I can not comment on it because I am still into the mods. The community is excellent, mature yet a great sense of humor and....adultness. Give it a try, I took the chlance spending $10 on it and can not share the enjoyment I have had both in game and on fourms. Not to mention the extra Big Macs instead of subs to pay.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

You can pvp in Aion on a laptop? Pls.. show me!

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

gw2 is p2p no sub(with cash store that doesnt affect the power of player!)(so what is sold in store for power up is always avail in game)

Indded its all pretty outfits.  Is a very good game, if you have not tried it and have time to waste it is highly recommended.

Chins

• VulskoVulsko Member Posts: 80

I love people that reccomend a game that isn't even released yet. Lol

sorry, not intentional the GW2 message snuck in before my message

Chins

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

vulsco arenanet said they were keeping pretty much to the original gw model

gw is p2p,no sub,store that sell a lot of stuff but everything sold as a booster in store is also avail in game trough normal grinding

(not heavy grinding)

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Something different eve online or perpetuum which is really low on resources!

really low on fun as well, which is surely the idea.  If you gotta do a day job, you don't want a second job pretending to be a game.

Chins

Originally posted by helthros

You can pvp in Aion on a laptop? Pls.. show me!

haha! I cant go in the events but im an assassin, so i can still kill elyos around low lvl abyss or invade elten xD

• AesperAesper Member UncommonPosts: 90

Originally posted by smokey1223

Is warhammer still alive with diff level players, or are veteran's the only one's still playing?

Tier 1 is  always extremely active. Tier 2 is pretty dead as far as scenarios (queued instance PVP) go. Might catch some Realm vs. Realm at peak times. T3 isn't anything to write home about pop wise, but T4 is where it's at. Quite active. I would research high pop servers before you create a character.

EVE Online player since 2007.

"Our greatest glory consist not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

- Oliver Goldsmith

Originally posted by thebigchin11

really low on fun as well, which is surely the idea.  If you gotta do a day job, you don't want a second job pretending to be a game.

deffinitly not looking for a game that takes hrs and hrs of grinding. I got 2 job's already so i dont need 3. No one has really mentioned anything except warhammer, but i suppose if im gonna waste time in an mmo I shoukd just go back to Aion and work on daeva gear... Thanks for the advice!

P.S. If anyone wants to do some noobie grinding to 30 hit me up, My name is Dredge . Im asmodian on Zikel server

• izanagi256izanagi256 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Try age of Conan its even F2p now with the option to sub

• Plus_OnePlus_One Member Posts: 47

I reccomend CoH.

It has gone Freemium, so you can still subscribe for full access.

Of all the games I've played over the years it's the one I keep running back to.  Its just consistently a fun game.