Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is RIFT generally too easy?

EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Am I the only one who finds RIFT a bit too easy? My main is even a squshy rogue that can barely take hits and I still have no issues. On top of that the leveling seems wayyy too fast. I've resorted to logging out in the wilderness so I don't get bonus xp to slow down the leveling. I've stopped doing quests each night because I tear through the levels barely making use of my hard earned crafted and bought gear. 

It may be me but doesnt the leveling in RIFT seem too fast and the combat too easy?

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Welcome to the Age of Entitlement.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

If you are an experienced MMO player, you will definitely find RIFT too easy.

Unfortunately, it's been made even easier since launch, particularly at high levels.

Leveling has always been easy, but level 50 expert dungeons were challenging at first.  Some of the tier 2 expert dungeons especially were pretty challenging and unforgiving of mistakes or group members not carrying their weight.  Then, when the LFG tool came in, they nerfed the difficulty of all the five man content because apparently they decided it was too difficult for PUGs.  Then they took it a step further and nerfed raids as well.  This was also combined with tier 2 group gear and raid gear was buffed, making stuff even easier still.

It's unfortunate really, because at least initially the level 50 content was fun and challenging, now there's basically no challenge left in the game.

• DmyankeeDmyankee Member UncommonPosts: 135

Rift is gimmicky if you can get the gimmicks then yes too easy.

Artorus Giltanus - Ranger EQ1 Retired
    Arturien - 90 Deathknight WoW

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

from what i hear there are easy ,normal hard and extra hard part in game!

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Im currently level 33 so Im sure about higher level stuff but up to now I'm finding myself ready for a new zone before I've even explored all of it. Its too bad because the world itself is really well done, I guess this does leave room for checking out stuff you missed with alts.

I plan to stick with the game mostly because I'm hoping for good open world pvp near end-game. Only time will tell but the $20 I spent on the game was defiently worth it so far.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• AcidDKAcidDK Member Posts: 82

When I played Rift at launch it was "easy to learn, easy to master". Meaning when you've learned it you've basically mastered it. There was no indication of skill in pvp, only rock paper scissor. I know lots of other games where "easy to learn, hard to master" applies, and they are usually way more balanced even with a rock paper scissor design, cause even with that design any class could beat any class. It was not so in Rift. Everyone were equally skilled since it didn't take anything to master the game, and only balance decided who would win in pvp. And the pvp balance sucked.

Now, I dunno if anything has changed since then, but I assume it hasn't since the changes would be too drastic.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

No the game is hard to play mostly couse of not so entertaining gameplay {mod edit}and even less entertaining playerbase(works like it does in wow)

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

You know, I found myself frustrated with Rift, then I realized my problem:  I'm getting sick of actually reading.  I don't want to read the lore, the quests, the books, nothing.  Hell, I don't even want to read my character abilities anymore.  I want a voice actor to tell me "This power stuns all enemies in a 5 yard radius."  Maybe it's because my schedule is so rough these days, or maybe it's because I feel games have evolved beyond this reading stuff, when movies, (an inferior technology by comparasin), are using written words as a novelty, not a crutch.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by sirphobos

If you are an experienced MMO player, you will definitely find RIFT too easy.

Unfortunately, it's been made even easier since launch, particularly at high levels.

Leveling has always been easy, but level 50 expert dungeons were challenging at first.  Some of the tier 2 expert dungeons especially were pretty challenging and unforgiving of mistakes or group members not carrying their weight.  Then, when the LFG tool came in, they nerfed the difficulty of all the five man content because apparently they decided it was too difficult for PUGs.  Then they took it a step further and nerfed raids as well.  This was also combined with tier 2 group gear and raid gear was buffed, making stuff even easier still.

It's unfortunate really, because at least initially the level 50 content was fun and challenging, now there's basically no challenge left in the game.

I still find Rift T1 and T2 challenging but that's because I'm part of the reason they nerfed it. I'm about as noobish as an MMO'er can be, with a couple months of LOTRO being the only exprience I'v had prior to Rift. Also 2 weeks ago I rolled a Warrior and tanked for the 1st time ever and now I'm already tanking T2s. So to some, Rift is super easy now, but for me, it's challenging with doable content (even though I wiped so many times in DD T2 today). Sure they could've kept T2s as difficult as they were (pre nerf), so that only the super hardcore players could do them but then that would leave someone like me with less content to do.

But as for Raid... yeah. Raids are just piss easy now, to the point that people treat them on the same level as dallies. Even I can participate in Raids, with my hybrid ranged dps/tanking/pvp spec, just because Raids are only about filling in the numbers and making sure you have enough healers and T2 geared tanks.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Souldrainer

You know, I found myself frustrated with Rift, then I realized my problem:  I'm getting sick of actually reading.  I don't want to read the lore, the quests, the books, nothing.  Hell, I don't even want to read my character abilities anymore.  I want a voice actor to tell me "This power stuns all enemies in a 5 yard radius."  Maybe it's because my schedule is so rough these days, or maybe it's because I feel games have evolved beyond this reading stuff, when movies, (an inferior technology by comparasin), are using written words as a novelty, not a crutch.

Then you best keep yourself occupied until games like Guild Wars 2 & Star Wars: The Old Republic come out. Those games won't bore you with walls of text.

• thebigchin11thebigchin11 Member Posts: 519

bored the tits off me- too samey.

Chins

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Yes, WAY to easy. Thankfully they have a Briliant class system so I can Fool myself and Enjoy the game with all my friends. Do I want More? Yes, But I've had to accept that what I want is basicly Dead.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams