Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lag spikes

TawartafleTawartafle Member Posts: 11

I should write SPIKES with capital letters, they are tha bad. Do you suffer them too or is a problem on my side? Is it something temporal due to astral conjunctions and it will go away with the EVE dudes or the game is  like this? Please don´t let me in the darkness.

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

most often the issue is the game doesnt release the memory ,so lets say your game take 4 gigabyte but need 5 it often happen it doesnt release memory  issue arise.only solution is to raise memory cap or ask the game maker to lower it it!on average game will take 1.080 mb/s so for 60 second it will be around 60 mb/min.in a game that is without counting the actual game memory bandwith etc.on average user should have 4 gigabyte just for game since there is a cap on actual max you can have (2 or 2.6 if i recall,you get all kind of issue .game maker say it shouldnt affect their game but they are wrong it always do. it is very easy to reach 3 gigabyte  these days!

• SomeDude101SomeDude101 Member Posts: 45

Incidentally Devs just found a way to cut memory usage of 3D engine in half. Also I hear through the grapevine that the network infrastucture will be receiving an upgrade very soon, which will most likely get rid of these lag spikes for the most part.

The influx of Eve players has brought Devs the money they need to take this to the next level. I advise you to stick to it a little longer.

• TawartafleTawartafle Member Posts: 11

Thank you for your replies.

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227

I have been experiencing pretty bad spikes over the last couple of days. I'm in California and his is the first time that they've really affected my gameplay, so I'm hoping they get it fixed soon.