Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decided to give it a try.

momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

Currently downloading the game.  I've broke, and have decided to give this game a try - there's not a MMO out there has keep my interest in some while.  Hoping Vanguard will.

As I understand this it not a solo friendly game? But is solo play possible? I love grouping plan on doing so in Vanguard, just sometimes I don't get alot of game time.  So when time is limited I plan to solo, when I have more time to play 4-6 hour play period, I'll group.

Thanks

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by momodig

Currently downloading the game.  I've broke, and have decided to give this game a try - there's not a MMO out there has keep my interest in some while.  Hoping Vanguard will.

As I understand this it not a solo friendly game? But is solo play possible? I love grouping plan on doing so in Vanguard, just sometimes I don't get alot of game time.  So when time is limited I plan to solo, when I have more time to play 4-6 hour play period, I'll group.

Thanks

any of the race/class combos played well can solo through most of the quest content and through simple adventuring/exploring.

grouping is at times a necessity. your best bet is to find an active guild on the Telon server, my suggestion would be Twilyghte Song. there is a Social panel with a list of guilds, most defunct, but you should find TS on there with a list of folks who have recruiting rights in the guild.

having said all that, the Disciple is an incredibly solo friendly class. its not for everyone and like every other class in the game it has its in's and out's that can only be learned by doing. and when i say solo friendly, i mean being capable of taking on higher end mobs easier than most classes.

for simply adventuring and questing, any of the classes you enjoy and can get a grip on their playstyle, will serve you fine.

its a large world and the dungeons are truly the best i've seen in an mmo. they are not instanced and are thoroughly woven into the world and its lore, as well as often being completely unique to the genre.

as for grouping for these dungeons there are often folks who are vets that have lowbie alts they are always looking to level. so don't be afraid to form a group yourself ingame.

however, being in an active guild is useful here as well as socially essential. Telon, the world, not the server, is really rather large and while out adventuring its good to have guildmates to chat with. makes the low pop on the server seem like less of a hurdle.

good luck! and i hope you enjoy the game!

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Good post above, covered most of it; welcome to VG momo =)

You can solo, the game is fun - but when you get a group you'll be wondering why you didn't play it earlier ;) VG really shines in groups.

Also yes join TS, we're the best guild around for new/returning players if I do say so myself.

• ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283

As others have said, Vanguard is soloable, and there's tons you can do by yourself, but the group content is very strong.  You can get into dungeons as early as like level 8-10 and Vanguard really sines there.

I can't vouch from personal experience that Twilyghte Song is the best guild in Vanguard, but I will say that they're a really exceptional bunch, extremely helpful to newbies and they have character all across the leveling curve, not just at the top, on all the time.